Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedScottish Modified Show - Report and Pics

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Just call me Tripod

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scottish Modified Show - Report and Pics
    Posted: 20-July-2008 at 20:18
A full turnout for the 14 spaces we were allocated for the Scottish Modified Car Show at Ingliston today.
A great day, which seemed to pass all too quickly - I think everyone enjoyed themselves?
A big thanks to the ladies for sorting the bacon/hamburger rolls teas etc.

I've got a lot of photos to sort out, but here's some to start you off

For some reason in a lot of my pictures, scantily clad young ladies seemed to appear (like this one) I'll need to delete these pictures

This young lady had just had some photos done by one of the magazine photographers.
She didn't seem to smile in them - I politely asked for a smiling photo, much nicer don't you think?

Edited by nero

Sponsored Links

bryce86 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryce86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-July-2008 at 20:45

Nice one Neil, some nice photo's (particularly the last two)

Was great day for it today, weather was brill.  Thanks to the girls for the hangover grub, spot on!  Was good to meet some more of the members too.

Iv got a few pics (only a few cos I f'd up the settings).  I'll get them up later.  Top gear and sleep for just now!

2004 SG CSL - love it!

muppet 2 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Z3..Apple of my eye

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muppet 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-July-2008 at 21:20
good pics . I see Nero tooks his "nieces" again
I have been diagnosed with ADHOtS. Attention Deficit Hyperactive Ohh that's Shiney

shorty View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-July-2008 at 21:52

Thanks to all who turned out for this today dispite the early start !!!

Also a BIG THANKS Issy & Steph & Caroline & my wee buddy Alex for sorting out the "Catering" AGAIN !!  

Thanks to all the Guy's for helping me oot when my radiator went Pssssssssssss !!!  ( you know who you are ! )

I will be confronting the garage owner tomorrow ........ let's hope he has already had as many children as he hopes to have  ...... as after i have seen him his "Gentleman Area " will be nailed to a tree !

All is "Tickety Boo "Radiatorwise" now guy's !

Edited by shorty
Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-July-2008 at 21:53
Originally posted by muppet 2 muppet 2 wrote:

good pics . I see Nero tooks his "nieces" again

On the whole I didn't think they were as niece as last year

Cheers to all for turning up Good banter was had.

Good to see Davy T and our man from Stranraer out saying hello again after Irvine. Met PaulG1991 too and he hopes to join us for the Stirling meet... if he survives the FUBAR the night before. Brave man. Hello to sleepy from the E36coupe.com forum too in case he pops in here. Thanks to NeRo for the tie-down kit for the gazebo and Stevie for the stand-parking brainwave. All-in-all a tremendous team effort.

Next year we have to enter BlueBro in the main Hall show 'n' shine as the top 50 SnS entrants need a lesson in how to prep a car IMHO.
stephenperry View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenperry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-July-2008 at 22:08
thanks for a great day everyone, and special thanks to Issy and co. for laying on the food , the burgers were lovely, although i'm kicking myself that i missed out on a bacon roll in the morning  never mind though, got to watch my figure

2007 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI Titanium X Auto

1983 Ford Sierra XR4i
    2000 Alpina B10 3.3 #118
    1999 BMW 323Ci
    1995 BMW 318i SE
    1994 Vauxhall Omega 2.0 GLS
    1995 Ford Mondeo 1.8 LX
    1990 Honda Concerto 1.6 EX
    1986 Ford Orion 1.6 GL
    1989 Ford Fiesta 1.1 Firefly
ianking View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ianking Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-July-2008 at 22:26

I had a great day out. Good to meet everyone.

Thanks to the catering department.

See you all again at the Stirling meet.

Edited by ianking
2011 Mini Cooper S with Sport Pack
and ma Faithers 2010 Z4
vpricey View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vpricey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-July-2008 at 00:04
Steph and I had very good day out today, and at least the weather held off, just!!lol. 

A big thanks to Tommy for organising the event, and to Issy, Caroline and whom ever else for making the BBQ fantastic aswell!!

Good to see you all again, Roll on Gaydon!!
Paul - '87 E30 325i Sport - '99 E39 M5 - '05 E53 X5
davy tombstone View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davy tombstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-July-2008 at 01:24

well done people.

a very impresive display of well detailed cars that put the indoor

displays to shamebigok

shorty your car looks even better in the flesh!!!(metal)

lovin the colour.biggrin

PaulG1991 View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulG1991 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-July-2008 at 02:02
well planned stand you had organized, well done. nice to meet a few, hope to see you all at Stirling.  Il need to get mine to that kind of standard n hopefully make it nice enough to get a compact on the stand. Must investigate clutch judder first.
316i Compact
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-July-2008 at 06:39

Yep, a great day, thanks to all involved.

It was worth being out in the rain prepping the Car on the Saturday. I also liked the organised way the stand was layed out. Just need to get the vehicles in some sort of series order now (IMO).

I bet Haflords get a boost in polishing materials the week prior to this show, going by all the shiney stuff on display.

Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-July-2008 at 06:40

Originally posted by Webdunk Webdunk wrote:

Next year we have to enter BlueBro in the main Hall show 'n' shine as the top 50 SnS entrants need a lesson in how to prep a car IMHO.

Seconded !!

HairyHaggis View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairyHaggis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-July-2008 at 09:34
Hi all, glad you had fun without me ....

Was shooting a wedding on Saturday hence the no show from me :(

BUT ... on a good note, the BMWCC Membership pack arrived .. yay :)

BMW E36 328is M52B28 - SOLD
BMW E36 318is M44 - SOLD
HairyHaggis View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairyHaggis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-July-2008 at 09:36
Originally posted by nero nero wrote:

This young lady had just had some photos done by one of the magazine photographers.
She didn't seem to smile in them - I politely asked for a smiling photo, much nicer don't you think?

She looks like some of the girls I've worked with in the past for Crail, and portfolio pieces for the Nuts & FHM girls, and I find that flattery gets you everywhere ...lol

The car girls are great, they do a splendid job, and do have to put up with a lot of stick from some people who, in my opinion, and mainly jealous ... but other than that ... the cars are great too

BMW E36 328is M52B28 - SOLD
BMW E36 318is M44 - SOLD
gary View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-July-2008 at 11:24
Great day and not too bad weather wise. The burds were not bad either. Nero you will end up on a register if your not too carefull.

PS get some more pics up
Issy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-July-2008 at 11:41

Originally posted by gary gary wrote:

Great day and not too bad weather wise. The burds were not bad either. Nero you will end up on a register if your not too carefull.

PS get some more pics up

Well if you liked them that much join this site Burds 

Issy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-July-2008 at 11:45

We had a great day too (and I survived the grumpy teenagers )

At least the weather was not too bad. I as usual enjoyed all the chat and keeping warm by the BBQ (im no daft ) when it got chilly. Thanks to Caroline, Alyx and Steph for all their help and Im glad you all enjoyed the food. It wasny bad even if i say so myself!  

I have a few photos which i will post later. Roll on Gaydon......canny wait

gary View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-July-2008 at 13:13
Originally posted by Issy Issy wrote:

Great day and not too bad weather wise. The burds were not bad either. Nero you will end up on a register if your not too carefull. PS get some more pics up

Well if you liked them that much join this site Burds 

You had me all hot and bothered there until i clicked on it.
Issy View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
THE BOSS!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Issy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-July-2008 at 13:22

You had me all hot and bothered there until i clicked on it.

Well BURDS indeed!

m3tiko View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3tiko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-July-2008 at 15:40
Hi Folks...

£26 for that drivel....seriously I was raging at the daft vache at the kiosk.Explained to her that late in the day I wouldn't surely be asked to pay the full amount and some concession would be discretionary....Nope!! If that wasn't enough, to rub more salt into my wound....it became free entry 10 mins later.

However, the meeting of some new and old familar faces made it worth the trip.... As some of the cars weren't.....

As to the skimpy clad girls of the show.....wasn't really that impressed. Still got a telling off though from girlfiend when the 'Rockstar' girl asked if I'd like to buy 1 get 1 free deal...so I said 'I pick you and her'

335d evolve 354bhp/742nm....M3 SEE YA!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic