Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > North East Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedWhat is the NE region events calendar.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: What is the NE region events calendar.
    Posted: 30-December-2002 at 22:23

Being a new member i have probably missed some important information regarding the no1 regions events. There seems to be a big gap between now and the trackday at Croft. Are there any other meets in the nearer future planned?

Being a semi-shy type i would like to know what the format is for the social meetings at local pubs / restaurants etc. Additionally with a 7month old daughter it would be great to attend some  day time meets where family is welcome. I feel it is very healthy for her to be brought up with the classic roundel and look forward to the day when she can enjoy her very own battery powered home cruiser.

Darren Wake, Bishop auckland (half way between Durham and Darlington!).

Sponsored Links

Nigel Marston View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-January-2003 at 23:24

Darren

Welcome to the club. It's nice to see that there are actually mebers in the 'real' North East.  I'm in Sunderland but it seems that members around this part of the world are reclusive!!!

As for as meetings go, we have what we call a 'Noggin and Natter' (otherwise known as Sunday lunch at a local pub.  This is taking place at the Ship Inn, Eighton Banks, Gateshead on Sunday 19 January.  The format is quite simple: a group of probably about a dozen or so members plus wives/girlfriends/family members/dogs etc meet to talk about BMWs (mostly!) and have some lunch and a drink.  Let me know if you are interested and I'll provide you with the details for you to book a place - you and your family are of course very welcome. 

Other North East events (the North East region of the club goes from the Borders to the Midlands!) include a kart racing event in Bradford at the end of February, a visit to the BMW distribution centre in Thorne (near Doncaster) in March, track day at Croft in July and the annual concourse at Harewood House near Leeds on 7 September (these are all from memory). Don't forget all the other events from other regions, especially those from the North West as we are near and tend to go to each others events quite a lot.

Look forward to seeing you joining in.

Nigel

PS BMW actually make powered cars for Children (and no, I don't mean the Mini!)

Goldsoul View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-January-2003 at 01:23

OOOOOOOOOO BLOODY HELL! I'M IN GATESHEAD! teehee. quality...   and i know where the ship is as well, big bonus.

Quick check from the calender, yep, i got the day off so I should be able to attend. Handy little postcard I also recieved through the post. I'm new as well & will be attending on me own. I hope you are a friendly bunch! Hope to see you's there.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic