Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW 3 Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedE36 electric windows not working,

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allcav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: E36 electric windows not working,
    Posted: 28-April-2008 at 15:47

Just bought a '91 318i E36 (four dorr) and the electric f/windows don't work (has wind ups in the rear). Any idea where the fuse might be? No clue on the fuse box cover which, being honest, I can't work anyhow though there is no mention of windows on it anyhow!

Could someone please tell me exactly how to find the fuse and what rating it should be? Thanks and regards.

Sponsored Links

baz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2008 at 09:54

Have you checked the breaker that will be in front of your right knee as you sit in the driver seat?

Allcav View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allcav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-May-2008 at 12:15

I think so, yes. Is that a sort of small oblong button with an icon on it? Mine's a bit faded by pressing it in/out hasn't made any difference unfortunately. Many thanks for the reply though, much appreciated.

Meanwhile if anyone knows where the actual fuse for the windows lives I'd be interested to know. I can't believe BMW have such a crap description on the fuse box!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic