Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW ///M Power
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedEngine & Gearbox mounts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dannyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Engine & Gearbox mounts
    Posted: 25-April-2008 at 21:02
Does any one know of a good uprated engine & gearbox mount. Needs to
be long lasting not to harsh.
1992 clio 1.8 16V Good
1998 Subaru Impreza Turbo Terzo Great
1987 M3 Diamond Black Awesome (Now awesomer with Billys & Eibach)
Sponsored Links

Hoofty View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoofty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-April-2008 at 23:44

I've recently installed the E38 740iL engine mounts and the E24 solid gearbox mounts. They pop straight on (well, with a tiny, tiny amount of work) and have stiffened up the driveline nicely whilst also lowering the engine and moving it rearwards. Gustave did a good write up on them here:

Engine mounts: http://e30m3performance.com/installs/installs-2/motor_mounts /mounts1.htm

T/M mounts: http://e30m3performance.com/installs/2.5_rebuild/tranny_mnt/ tranny_mnt1.htm

Eng mounts were about £45 each, GB mounts about £25 each from the dealer - part numbers in these articles are correct. Be sure to read the installation text in orange (page 2) regarding the engine mounts, if you want to lower AND move the engine backwards. All helps on the track!

Nick

Edit - it's not really any harsher or noisier than standard mounts either, but I suppose mine were tired when they came off. I expect durability to be on a par with standard parts.

Edited by Hoofty
'89 E30 M3
'99 106 GTi
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic