Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > General Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHysterical Scotland free weekend!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack735 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hysterical Scotland free weekend!
    Posted: 10-April-2008 at 14:42

I know the weather is going to be sh[not very nice]it this weekend but Edinburgh Castle is free this weekend - probably along with all the other places run by Hysterical Scotland.

Oooh, The machine of a dream, such a clean machine With the pistons a pumpin', and the alloys all gleam, When I'm holding your wheel, All I hear is your gear, With my hand on your grease gun, Mmm it's like a disease son, I'm in love with my car, gotta feel for my automobile, Get a grip on my .......
Sponsored Links

Jack735 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack735 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-April-2008 at 14:42

Jack. Should that not read Historical Scotland?

Oooh, The machine of a dream, such a clean machine With the pistons a pumpin', and the alloys all gleam, When I'm holding your wheel, All I hear is your gear, With my hand on your grease gun, Mmm it's like a disease son, I'm in love with my car, gotta feel for my automobile, Get a grip on my .......
Jack735 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack735 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-April-2008 at 14:43
Originally posted by Jack735 Jack735 wrote:

Yeah, probably, but no one would have read it then

Edited by Jack735
Jack735 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack735 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-April-2008 at 14:48

I know the weather is going to be sh[not very nice]it this weekend but Edinburgh Castle is free this weekend - probably along with all the other places run by Hysterical Scotland.

Yeah, probably, but no one would have read it then

Jack, that’s just not funny

dryle View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dryle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-April-2008 at 15:27
Jack your scaring me
Dave Ryle

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -- George Bernard Shaw
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-April-2008 at 17:54

Originally posted by dryle dryle wrote:

Jack your scaring me

and me. talking to yourself is fine, but arguing?

Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
Bigian View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-April-2008 at 18:36
I have a jacket that would be perfect for you  and know some guys with white jackets and a van but dont know any 1 with a padded cell tho
If you can't be good don't get caught
--------------------------
Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-April-2008 at 19:55
Yip going to check out a place sunday after meet maybe
Previous:

E36 318is coupe, E36 323i coupe, E30 316 saloon, E30 318 saloon, E46 330ci Sport Conv
E92 325d M Sport(3.0),With Loads of gadgets

Current:
116i Sport F20
IamSpartacus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IamSpartacus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-April-2008 at 22:18
Originally posted by thepits thepits wrote:

Originally posted by dryle dryle wrote:

Jack your scaring me

and me. talking to yourself is fine, but arguing?

And QUOTING the argument... I fear for young jacks sanity!
The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.
Jack735 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack735 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-April-2008 at 11:05

Hi Guys

Thanks for the concern you’ve shown and the kind offers of jackets and the like  – I actually have a friend that works in the State Hospital, Carstairs (for those outwith Scotland that’s were we keep our criminally insane), I could ask him for a room !!!

I think I’ve always been a bit mad, but don’t we all?  No I hear you all say so its just me ………………. AGAIN!  Ooops there I go again and again!!!

The office recently trawled for folk who would like to apply for early retirement and I was knocked back .  Given your thoughts, above, I’ll be using this thread as the basis for my next application!  Incidentally, the best bit of the application was basically asking ‘Why do you think you're a useless sod’ in less than 150 words!!!!  I was going to make that the subject of the book I was going to write in retirement!!!

Anyway, onwards and upwards, I’m still here so had better do something productive.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-April-2008 at 09:28

Hysterical Scotland,

Great idea, I visited Stirling Castle yesterday, it was mobbed but it was free to get in to.

I particularly enjoyed the Argyle and Sutherland Highlanders museum. I wouldn't do those guys jobs for all the tea in China. displays of stuff from 1800 and odd right up to modern day.

I do wish that when visitors come to our country to visit or live that they make an effort to understand some common phrases like "no photography" That poor bloke was run off his feet telling people not to take pictures only to be answered by someone who sounded like they were speaking backwards (very quickly)

Where did that rant come from ?????

It was however a great visit and my thanks go out to Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder who designed the newly renovated Great Hall which blends in with the rest of the castle so well.

Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-April-2008 at 21:42

We never went in and still cost us Ł10 Lol

Well it got us some pics

Edited by Pete330
Previous:

E36 318is coupe, E36 323i coupe, E30 316 saloon, E30 318 saloon, E46 330ci Sport Conv
E92 325d M Sport(3.0),With Loads of gadgets

Current:
116i Sport F20
HairyHaggis View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairyHaggis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-April-2008 at 10:41
Red definitely is a lovely colour when clean  

BMW E36 328is M52B28 - SOLD
BMW E36 318is M44 - SOLD
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic