Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > BMW Related Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedHaug: BMW are capable of fighting for wins

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Haug: BMW are capable of fighting for wins
    Posted: 30-March-2008 at 20:50
Its great when the Merc motorsport boss comes out with something like this!
from here...

Haug: BMW are capable of fighting for wins

Sunday 30th March 2008

Norbert Haug reckons BMW could join the race for F1 wins this season after proving their competitiveness in the opening two races.

While McLaren won in Australia and Ferrari in Malaysia neither team was able to completely dominate, failing to secure the 1-2 and along with it maximum points.

But, surprisingly to some, it wasn't their rival outfit that finished runner-up in either race. Rather it was BMW who claimed back-to-back second places.

The German team's solid performances have put them firmly on the road towards victory, while Haug believes could be imminent.

"Both races were high class and interesting. The first grand prix saw a superiority of both McLaren cars, and the second race was dominated by both Ferraris," he said.

"However, neither Ferrari nor we managed to achieve the 1-2 victory, which seemed a possibility in both races beyond the halfway mark.

"In Melbourne, Heikki was hampered by the third Safety Car period; for Ferrari in Malaysia, it was a driving mistake, by their own account.

"BMW performed well in both grands prix, finishing second twice and without doubt belongs to those teams that are capable of fighting for victories by their own means."

Meanwhile Ferrari team boss Stefano Domenicali concedes BMW could be the key factor in this year's title race.

"We have seen that BMW also had a great weekend," he said.

"We need to respect them and we will for sure they will be in the middle of the field for sure in order to take points from us and from McLaren, so we need to have a lot of respect for them."

He added: "The Championship will be harder because they will be taking points from us."

Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic