Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > North East Area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFeb 26th - Howden, Yorkshire - Pub night

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bavarian-Board Contributor
BMWCC Area Organiser Yorks & Humber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Feb 26th - Howden, Yorkshire - Pub night
    Posted: 24-February-2008 at 18:40
Tuesday, 26th Feb, Pub Meet

Its our monthly pub meet at the Barnes Wallis in Howden and there is lots to talk about. Please come if you can, non members are very welcome.

VoYaH (Vales of York and Humber) is a branch of the North East Region of the BMW Car Club of Great Britain, created for those within reach of the M62 between Leeds and Hull.
Monthly meetings are held on the last Tuesday and everyone is welcome. 7:30pm onwards.

The pub we use is a real ale gem and the food is all home cooked.
http://www.barneswallisinn.com/

1 mile north of Howden on the B1228, 5 mins from the M62 J37

Thanks for reading
Nick Wright
Sponsored Links

Gandalf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gandalf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-February-2008 at 19:54
Can anyone just turn up to this or is it a members only sort of thing?
StuB View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II
Z Head

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StuB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-February-2008 at 12:23
Anyone can and does turn up.

I have some fine Italina wine for Howard tonight too!
Boost baby, BOOST!
Nick View Drop Down
BMWCC Area Organiser Yorks & Humber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-February-2008 at 19:39
Vales of York and Humber
VoYaH News February’08,

Nick Wright
sykehouse@hotmail.com
07714 ......

16 of us at the February meet including two more new faces, a warm VoYaH welcome to Rob and Brian from Beverley. There would have been some more if the weather hadn’t spoiled the fun again. High winds had toppled lorries on both motorway routes and closed parts of the M62 and M18 making it difficult for some of us to get through. Thank goodness we didn’t stay for the customary lock in either or the earthquake would have got us on the way home!

We have been getting a good turnout for all our Sunday events and I hope you have enjoyed them as much as we have but we must not get too complacent. The Concours of the North at Harewood may well be a few months away yet but we all need to start thinking about it now and planning to bring our cars and as many BMW friends as we can. We can’t put on the best show in the country without you and I want as many of you there as possible to support our section of the region. Harewood is without doubt one of the highlights of the clubs calendar and perhaps the jewel in the crown of North East activity. Please try to attend. The date for your diaries is, Sunday July 13th at Harewood House near Leeds.

Following straight on from the show is our Trackday at Croft Circuit on Monday July 14th. As soon as the last trophy has been handed out at Harewood and we have tidied up we will be loading up the cars and taking them to the circuit near Croft on Tees, less than an hours drive north up the A1. This is another cracking club event and I am proud to say that once again the North East region leads the way. Our trackday is the envy not only of the rest of the club but the entire trackday industry! Please come if you can, it costs nothing to watch and we have some fantastic raffle prizes for you to win.

If you would like to find out more about what’s happening in our part of the BMW world then please get in touch. I am only a phone call away on 07714 ......

See you all next month,

Nick

Our regular meet is at The Barnes Wallis in Howden on the last Tuesday evening in the month. The BW is a must for lovers of good food and drink and is a regular CAMRA award winner. Howden is ideally located right on J37 of the M62.
Howard View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Did I say thaaaat?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-March-2008 at 19:41
Originally posted by StuB StuB wrote:

Anyone can and does turn up.I have some fine Italina wine for Howard tonight too!

And fine it was indeed StuB! Next time you have space on the trailer, bring me three dozen bottles, and add something on for the transport.

Best wine out Celice Salenterno Italy.
If you find any 1998 or 1999 there will be a bonus in it for you!!
1963 700 LS
1988 635 CSi
1990 M635 CSi no longer!
2001 E38 728i Individual

http://www.tyneships.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic