Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW ///M Power
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedM5 oil temp?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: M5 oil temp?
    Posted: 13-February-2008 at 17:12

Folks as a few of you may know i have been having a few issues with my beloved.... and the wife.

Just wondereing what experiences you have of E39 M5 oil tempratures? What is your normal running temp for both the oil and water and have you seen any very high oil readings under hard driving? 

Ewan.

Edited by kirkside
Sponsored Links

stevie53 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-February-2008 at 18:18
Ewan,

my oil temp normally sits about the 85-90 mark, most of the time if I hit the loud pedal it'll shoot upto the 100+ mark.

I think the water temp sits just under half way, tbh I've stopped looking at it because it's the only one in the clocks that doesn't move.

I hope you get this cleared up soon mate, nothing worse than having to spend money so early on in ownership

stevie
///2000 E39 M5 Imola Red/// NO MORE

una volta lei ha avuto l'italiano lei non andrà mai tedesco di nuovo haha
kirkside View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-February-2008 at 18:39

Cheers for that Stevie, it is always good to hear from others for a little advice. I will let you know how we get on tomorrow. Good news i hope.

How is your leakage coming on? I can recommend Hunters if it gets that bad. Go for the lined ones though as they can be a little cold.

grahame34m5 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grahame34m5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-February-2008 at 08:48
I can ditto what steve has said - usually around the mid mark. Only time that it goes up from that is when its on the track in 40 degree heat. Then it can get up to 3/4s!

08 e60 Alpina B5 S sold, please forgive me
03 e39 M5 sold
98 e38 728 Sport Individual dead
93 e34 M5 sold
m3tiko View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3tiko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-February-2008 at 19:24
Graham.....from your past history with motors it doesn't take you to be in the Sahara to get your temperature up!!!!! I recall many a time where your needle had gone beyond its norm lol

335d evolve 354bhp/742nm....M3 SEE YA!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic