Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > General Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBMW driver

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Lick my badge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 540 V8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BMW driver
    Posted: 08-January-2008 at 20:38

The other day I was cruising along as usual coming onto one of mymotorways, which was very busy with inferior cars. First off, I couldn't Believe that the volume of traffic DIDN'T slow downfor me AT ALL as I came off the slip road! I had to squeeze into a barelybig enough gap between two cars in order to get onto my motorway (thedriver of the car behind me did realise his mistake though and honked anapology to me with a long blast of his horn.)!
Unbelievably, I had to do the same again before I could get to the BMW lane (why do underlings use this lane? Surely everyone knows it is for BMWdrivers only?)  Anyway, once I was in the BMW lane and posing along at 176 km/h enjoyingthe adulation that the inferior car drivers were giving me, I noticed aninferior car ahead of me which was not only in the BMW lane of my motorway,but was driving at a ridiculous 120 km/h.
Naturally, I got to within a foot or so of his rear bumper and flashed my headlights to remind him he shouldn't be in the BMW lane of my motorway and to get out of my way. Of course, once he realised it was a BMW behind him, he did just that, butI could hardly believe it when he pulled straight back out behind me!
He also tried to keep up with me and when he realised I would out-run him, he put on some blue lights in his front grill and urged me to get onto thehard shoulder so that he could congratulate me on my excellent car. Needless to say, I was eager oblige and when we had stopped, the man gaveme a piece of paper confirming what I already knew - that my car goes fast! Apparently he wants everyone to know what a superior car I have, so I had to go to court and show them. The man also said if I carried on like this they would take my drivers licence away! Can you imagine no need for a drivers licence? See, now THAT's the sort of respect you get when you buy and drive a BMW!

I thought it was just me! lol

Mike 

Edited by 540 V8

Current:E34 540i Touring 6 speed manual(Mpower bodykit & suspension)& Chrysler Voyager 3.3 V6 auto
Previous:E34 530iSE AC Schnitzer suspension.
E28 525e auto-Standard
Sponsored Links

Bigian View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-January-2008 at 21:41
Not bad
If you can't be good don't get caught
--------------------------
Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-January-2008 at 21:57
Seen it loads of times before, once can you believe on a Volvo forum (don't ask, was after info for someone else...) where it was supposed to be a Volvo lane <wipes away tears of laughter>

What's next? They are now calling it a Lexus Lane! Bah!!
V reg Rustbucket Merc C220 Cdi estate
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
'63 Ford Anglia 105e deluxe
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-January-2008 at 22:04

- but still amusing

Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
dryle View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dryle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-January-2008 at 22:06

Originally posted by Rhys Rhys wrote:

Seen it loads of times before, once can you believe on a Volvo forum (don't ask, was after info for someone else...) where it was supposed to be a Volvo lane <wipes away tears of laughter>

What's next? They are now calling it a Lexus Lane! Bah!!

A rover 75 lane

Dave Ryle

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -- George Bernard Shaw
Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-January-2008 at 22:13
Originally posted by dryle dryle wrote:

A rover 75 lane

Now don't be silly....

J Reg Saab 900i 16v
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-January-2008 at 21:57

A rover 75 lane

Now don't be silly....

We're not talking the hard-shoulder here after all

Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
dryle View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dryle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-January-2008 at 22:14
Originally posted by thepits thepits wrote:

A rover 75 lane

Now don't be silly....

We're not talking the hard-shoulder here after all

Where's Nigel
Dave Ryle

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -- George Bernard Shaw
Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-January-2008 at 23:43
Nigel has got rid of the 'over.. sensible fellow (he says when he wouldn't mind a Disco or a Rangie)

Anyways, mentioning the Lexus again - anyone else heard the talk of the Govt wanting to toll the fast lane (hence the knickname 'Lexus lane' due to only rich folk being able to afford it.) Load of rubbish in my opinion. At the same time they are wanting to open up the hard shoulder to traffic. Bloody dangerous I say.

Monkeys running the zoo spring to mind.
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
540 V8 View Drop Down
Lick my badge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 540 V8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-January-2008 at 17:42

A rover 75 lane

AKA the hard shoulder !

Mike

Current:E34 540i Touring 6 speed manual(Mpower bodykit & suspension)& Chrysler Voyager 3.3 V6 auto
Previous:E34 530iSE AC Schnitzer suspension.
E28 525e auto-Standard
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic