Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAngel Eyes bulbs (E39)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-January-2008 at 16:01

Originally posted by Gary525 Gary525 wrote:

thanks ppl and for the pm campbell..

im gonna go out and try take the bulb out. I've heard people say the the holder of the bulb brakes when you try to remove it, did you have any trouble campbell.

Oh and what do i need the file for ?

I just got a sharp flat bladed screwdriver and chipped away the melted bit on the outside of the "waffle" pattern bit and pulled apart quite forcefully. I haven't snapped mine and as I only chipped a little bit away, they have a nice tight fit when pushed back together again.

The file is required because (on my car) the original bulbs have the lugs at 180 degrees from each other and the bulbs have lugs at 240 degrees so dont fit straight in. I had to file one of the lugs down but not too much so that the bulb isn't loose in the holder.

The LED bulbs arrived today but its too snowy to go out and fit them. I'll keep all posted. 

Edited by Cambell
Sponsored Links

Gary525 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary525 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-January-2008 at 18:27
I ended up getting 2 replacement bulbs with the holder for £25 for both of them..

Havent put them in yet. They'll do for the meantime although im looking to get the blub leds of ebay.

Campbell did you order your leds from ebay.
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-January-2008 at 18:59

Yep, from the post Ian put up, haven't fitted them yet, will post pics.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic