Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDP Motorsport Ayr - Replica Parallels

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlie. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DP Motorsport Ayr - Replica Parallels
    Posted: 26-November-2007 at 20:39

Hi folks

New guy here - own a 2001 E39 530i Sport.

I'm looking for a set of 18" Parallels to replace my standard 17" M Sport alloys and noticed these not too far from me...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/18-BMW-ALLOY-WHEELS-7-SERIES-E38-TOYO- TYRES_W0QQitemZ110197649512QQihZ001QQcategoryZ28648QQtcZphot oQQcmdZViewItem

Anyone used DP before?

Any issues?

Does this seem a good price?

Finally, I'm looking to sell on my 17's (no garage space) - is £250 a good price?

Cheers

Sponsored Links

alym786 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alym786 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-November-2007 at 20:48
Welcome mate!!! Sounds not to bad a price! But check Skidz in Falkirk, they sometimes surprise me with there prices! £250 seems not bad.. But really depends on condition and Tyres etc...
Get some pictures up of the mota!!!

Edited by alym786
E46 328ci now sold :(
charlie. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlie. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-November-2007 at 20:55

Skidz, never thoght oof them!

Tried Auto image and Gordon Hazelton today - both unfortunatly couldn't fathom how DP could manage it!

Pics soon, cars away this week having the front bumper repaired (2" crack where previous owner scuffed a kerb)

My alloys are ok, rear tyres 3mm+ front 5mm+ with small kerbing - nothing major.

Staggered front and rear as per standard.

523 iAN View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 523 iAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-November-2007 at 21:11

i know someone who bought a set of wolfrace alloys from DP motorsport ... they sent the wrong off-set and then after 4 wks of silence they told the buyer they ordered the wrong size for there car... even though DP-M phoned and double checked the car they where for when the order was made!

that said, ive seen there stuff and they do sell good quality items.

EDIT: do these wheels actualy straight fit so many models of BMW as they have listed in there advert? i'd double check with them .. in the advert they have "1 X FULL FITTING KIT" this could mean either spacers or spiggot rings?

Edited by 523 iAN
2003-530i SE
curnrik View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curnrik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-November-2007 at 22:20

I had bought a set of wheels from this lot last month

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/wheelbase-direct_W0QQssPageNameZstr kQ3amefsQ3amesstQQtZkm

I had no complaints, arrived within 2-3 days, they are worth a try.

Oh welcome to the boards.

m3Cecotto View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Forum Sponsor
Bavarian-Board Forum Sponsor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3Cecotto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-November-2007 at 23:41
These are advertised as E38 wheels. E24/28/31/34/38 wheels will not fit on to an E39.

E39 wheels came be made to fit the others by using hubcentrics to reduce the spigot bore.

It may be that these wheels need hubcentrics for all applications and the bores are oversize and the size of the reducton required determines the size of the hubcentrics or they may be E39 wheels, but I'd check before buying.
1981 E23 735i
1989 E30 325i Motorsport Cabrio
1989 E24 635CSi Motorsport Edition

Bavarian Retro Cars
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-November-2007 at 07:35

Hi Charlie,

Welcome to the forum mate, I bought my M parallels from this guy, came within 2 days and bolted straight on to my E39. Really high polish diamond cut finish, I was well happy.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/18-BMW-5-SERIES-E34-E39-E60-ALLOYS-TYR ES_W0QQitemZ150187416869QQihZ005QQcategoryZ9888QQssPageNameZ WDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hope this helps

coupe king View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coupe king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-November-2007 at 11:18
Also try rochford tyres he pricematched for me, so worked out to be the cheapest.
Allan320 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Obsessive Detailer!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allan320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-November-2007 at 12:40

Alright Charlie.

As I said on SC.  Try motorsport Alloys in Cambuslang.  They are not that far away and stock quite a big range in store.

Unit 10 of the cambuslang business park.  down beside Biffa

alanross View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alanross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-November-2007 at 18:07
Try motorsportworld in Strathaven. Got exhaust for my 330d there at bargain price. Other friends got stuff there too. Great service.

Link

Alan.
alun View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-November-2007 at 20:39
I got mine from a company on Great Western Road... can't remember the name but its two down from a motorbike place. They'll fit them for no extra charge.

DP Motorsport is in Kilmarnock, Ayrshire. I went in when lookin for my M Paras too but they were a bunch of t**ts!
215m3 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 215m3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-November-2007 at 21:00
Originally posted by alun alun wrote:

I got mine from a company on Great Western Road... can't remember the name but its two down from a motorbike place. They'll fit them for no extra charge.

Sounds like Auto Image. They also have a place in Edinburgh at fountainbridge.
Toby
New Genuine BMW & Mini OEM parts - www.bmminiparts.com

1987 E30 M3 with turbo being added
alun View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-November-2007 at 21:39
thats the one! thanks for helping my memory! :-)
scottalej View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scottalej Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-November-2007 at 15:14

Hi Charlie, I'd be interested in your M sport wheels and tyres. I'm in Aberdeen so could maybe meet halfway?  PM me.

Cheers

Alec

Steve Yorkshire View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Yorkshire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-December-2007 at 15:22

Bought a set of wheels and tyres from DP Motorsport in June 2006. They sent the wrong wheel nuts, took three weeks to send the correct ones after many, many phone calls,to chase them.

The tyres were defective and failed after 6000 miles in 15 months. DP refused to take them back as they only provide 1 years warranty and will not help any further with contacting the manufacturer.

The wheels are great, the service very, very poor

charlie. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlie. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-January-2008 at 16:15

Should have followed this up earlier, but old age you see........

Got the rep Parallels from DP Motorsport (went down personally), can't fault the service or indeed the deal!

Highly recomended from me.

Very high quality, indent for M badge etc.

Shameless piccy - Now all I need is new front fogs at a less "bend over sir" sort of price the dealers charge (bl00dy Ebay, keep getting outbid!!)

Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-January-2008 at 16:25

Wow, thats a nice car I bought my front Fogs from a bloke in Taiwan on Ebay and they're fine. Same fitment, M5 / Sport front bumper.

Your motor really looks "the biz"

alun View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-January-2008 at 16:29
That is a lovely lookin' car indeed.

Looks like a nice cream? interior... photos of that too c'mon :-)     
charlie. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charlie. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-January-2008 at 16:38

Yep, cream leather.

Pics to follow after a clean though 

Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-January-2008 at 16:39

IMHO Those are the best alloys for a e39

Looks ace

Previous:

E36 318is coupe, E36 323i coupe, E30 316 saloon, E30 318 saloon, E46 330ci Sport Conv
E92 325d M Sport(3.0),With Loads of gadgets

Current:
116i Sport F20
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic