Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW 5 Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedhelp: pics wanted

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 523 iAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: help: pics wanted
    Posted: 10-November-2007 at 07:50

can anyone who has seen a E39 on the internet looking a little different from the norm (ie: custom body work, paint work etc) please direct me to them or post a link to them

i was going to sell my "5" but i can't part with it so i'm going to "re-do" it 

thing's i'll be looking to change inc: new Alloy's, ICE, coil-over suspension kit, re-map, performance down pipe's, (de-cat's if it can be done?), front bumper (not M5), custom paint work or somesort of graphic work?, part retrim.   

all going well i'll start getting it all together soon and finished for next march, in time for show season starting up  i'd love to try make it look like a touring car so if anyone knows of a E39 race car i'd like to see that.

thank's

2003-530i SE
Sponsored Links

Andrew Rolland View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-November-2007 at 13:04

You won't be able to de-cat it Ian, or well not legally de-cat it anyway.  Cats are needed for the MOT test on cars newer than 1992 or something like that.

I thought you had sold your E39 yonks ago?  Obviously not D'uh!

Your car looks good, why do you want to change it?

Andrew

Be exclusive and drive a Petrol 5 Series!

Current
'13 62 F10 535i MSport Auto

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'03 53 E60 545i SE Auto (Stolen)
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
523 iAN View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 523 iAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-November-2007 at 18:02

Hi Andrew .. CAT's can be removed as long as it still passes the emissions on the mot then they don't have to be fitted

question 6: http://www.motester.co.uk/mot-quizans.html

ive sold my car 4 times now but i keep pulling out the sale, ive had one chap from Ireland pleading with me to sell him it but i can't seam to let it go!, as for it's look's i'm just a little bored with them at the moment paint or graphics would be a final change i'll see how it looks with new wheels and a better suspension set-up   and maybe a new lower front spoiler

2003-530i SE
Andrew Rolland View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-November-2007 at 07:56

[QUOTE=523 iAN] http://www.motester.co.uk/mot-quizans.html[/QUOTE]

It's chuffin' scary what you can get away with in the MOT test!

I'm heading out your way today, I'll be at the Railway Bridge that is being repainting at Dumbarton East Station.  I've seen big Stevie with his M5 out there twice now.....and plod in their marked E60 moaning about the temporary traffic lights that were there!

Andrew

Be exclusive and drive a Petrol 5 Series!

Current
'13 62 F10 535i MSport Auto

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'03 53 E60 545i SE Auto (Stolen)
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
523 iAN View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 523 iAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-November-2007 at 21:17

ahh so your one of the ones who's helping create havoc on that road  .. hehe just joke'n. i stay about 1 mile from that bridge but funny enough i'm never on that road much, if i am out that way i'm probably more likely to be in our wee flip-painted Mitsibushi Colt you can't miss it     or should i say you'll hear it first, gotta nice big loud sound system fitted  if your there later in the week i'll pop by and give you a "toot toot"

this is our colt

just so you know it's me and not some mad driver who got annoyed sitting in the Q

Edited by 523 iAN
2003-530i SE
Tomski View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tomski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-November-2007 at 21:10
Ian i would leave it the way it is now.Its great project.But i understand you are bored and you want changes and at the end of the day its your car but dont make it a racing car.E39 its a limousine and if you add too much "fibre glass" it will not look nice.
Have a look at this one :
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-E39-528i-M-TEC-SPORT-2000-V-REG-HI GHLY-MODIFIED_W0QQitemZ270179412021QQihZ017QQcategoryZ9837QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#photos

Im sorry i dont know how to paste correct.
523 iAN View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 523 iAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-November-2007 at 22:04

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-E39-528i-M-TEC-SPORT-2000-V-REG-HI %20GHLY-MODIFIED_W0QQitemZ270179412021QQihZ017QQcategoryZ983 7QQ%20ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

seen that one Tomski .... ive got some options up my sleave for now, ive spoke to the guy's who custom painted our Colt (above) and i'm now looking at keeping the look of my car and going for some other changes.

all in good time

2003-530i SE
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic