Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW 5 Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedMy New Car

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Lick my badge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 540 V8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-October-2007 at 21:42

Lucky B'stard Andrew, to say I'm a little green is an understatement!

There is only one thing I'd change though and that's to get some sportier alloys on it as they do look a little too understated for any car but hey, just my opinion chum!

I'm trying to be a good boy so santa will bring me an e60 M5 touring for crimbo, but if I'm a little naughty, he may bring me a 545, what do you reckon?

Hope you have many miles of trouble free motoring ahead though I doubt you'll find a manual for a little while as most people will still be going to main dealer with them.

Mike

Current:E34 540i Touring 6 speed manual(Mpower bodykit & suspension)& Chrysler Voyager 3.3 V6 auto
Previous:E34 530iSE AC Schnitzer suspension.
E28 525e auto-Standard
Sponsored Links

Andrew Rolland View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-October-2007 at 08:51
Originally posted by 540 V8 540 V8 wrote:

Lucky B'stard Andrew, to say I'm a little green is an understatement!

There is only one thing I'd change though and that's to get some sportier alloys on it as they do look a little too understated for any car but hey, just my opinion chum!

I dunno I quite like the alloys.  They are 17", there was an E60 parked outside my office yesterday that had BMW rims that I had never seen before that looked very square and boxy with the cut outs in them, they were 16" rims.

The 17" give quite a harsh ride, 16" might have been better.  I'm more of a cruiser than into pure performance so would prefer an ever so softer ride (like my E39) but I like to hear the engine growl every so often though.

Fingers and toes crossed for the M5 touring.

Andrew

Be exclusive and drive a Petrol 5 Series!

Current
'13 62 F10 535i MSport Auto

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'03 53 E60 545i SE Auto (Stolen)
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
540 V8 View Drop Down
Lick my badge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 540 V8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-October-2007 at 20:23
Originally posted by Andrew Rolland Andrew Rolland wrote:

I dunno I quite like the alloys.  They are 17", there was an E60 parked outside my office yesterday that had BMW rims that I had never seen before that looked very square and boxy with the cut outs in them, they were 16" rims.

The 17" give quite a harsh ride, 16" might have been better.  I'm more of a cruiser than into pure performance so would prefer an ever so softer ride (like my E39) but I like to hear the engine growl every so often though.

Fingers and toes crossed for the M5 touring.

Andrew

I must admit, I did see a 5 same colour and same alloys as you and I'm not as put off in the flesh as I was with the pics so I guess being understated is half the fun and hearing the engine as you whip the saxo driver is the other half!

As for the M5 touring, anyone know next Saturdays lotto numbers?    go on, there's a 10% cut in it for you

Mike

Current:E34 540i Touring 6 speed manual(Mpower bodykit & suspension)& Chrysler Voyager 3.3 V6 auto
Previous:E34 530iSE AC Schnitzer suspension.
E28 525e auto-Standard
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic