Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Irish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDealer service level

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 635CSi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-August-2007 at 21:26
I haven't heard anything good about M&G myself. My mate had an E39 520i and got a pre NCT check, they charged him 300 quid and guess what, the car failed. I also hear they charge 150 quid an hour for labour and that they have 2nd year apprentices working on the cars. I went in once to have a look at a few cars and I found the salesmen to be very far up their own arse. Their prices for used cars are also abominable, 42k for an '04 520 is absolute madness if you ask me.
Sponsored Links

kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-August-2007 at 22:38
I have had both good and bad dealings with M&G. I found that most of the staff that I knew were sound (Robbie & Kelvin).
However, the only time I got work done was a service the day before my NCT. Asked them to check the newly installed angel eyes.
The car failed on the headlamps!
Still I got the aero bodykit off them for next to nothing.
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
nn_dd View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nn_dd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-August-2007 at 23:24

Seems to be a recurring theme with this dealer, on older cars they are just not interested as the computer can't tell them what's wrong !

Great at selling cars though, even bought one ourselves off of them.

Be interesting to hear the MD's response to your letter Diarmuid, considering the amount of business you've thrown them over the years.

E39 530d Touring

Dergside View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dergside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-August-2007 at 22:44

Originally posted by irelandoffline irelandoffline wrote:

3 page draft on getting ABS light sorted?? Me thinks you have other complaints too. Tell all....

Can't disagree that there are a couple of other recent issues I have had with the same dealer.  The shame of it is that profile of my cars hasn't changed radically but their service has.  I've been going to them consistently for 9 years and for the most part their service was excellent - never cheap but reasonable value for money.  The change of attitude coincided with them moving to new premises about 18 months ago.

I had the big hump a few months ago about a farce of a job they did on Mrs D's recently departed 318Ci and as a result I asked them to only do a pre-nct check above and beyond the oil service due last time on the 325i. 

They listed and quoted a price of over €700 for the faults noted.  I took the list to John Roche and additionally asked him to do anything on the list that was needed and to change the front pads because they had been a bit spongey after the previous Mondello day.  His bill - €150 + €100 for a headlamp cover I supplied.  Most of the items didn't actually need to be done.

Edited by Dergside
Now: BMW 523i SE '00, 318i SE - e91 '07, 325i Coupe '93.

Prev:
e46 328i SE Touring, 330Ci, 318Ci.
e39 523i SE.
e36 325i Coupe *2, 323i SE, 316iSE.
e30 325iSE 2dr, 320i Conv, 320i 2dr, 316i.
nn_dd View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nn_dd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-August-2007 at 01:26
Originally posted by Dergside Dergside wrote:

They listed and quoted a price of over €700 for the faults noted.  I took the list to John Roche and additionally asked him to do anything on the list that was needed and to change the front pads because they had been a bit spongey after the previous Mondello day.  His bill - €150 + €100 for a headlamp cover I supplied.  Most of the items didn't actually need to be done.

There is no appropriate comment for the above statement on a family forum !!!!!!!

E39 530d Touring

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic