Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > General BMW & Bavarian-Board Chat
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAny one for an X6

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Any one for an X6
    Posted: 20-July-2007 at 22:02
If you can't be good don't get caught
--------------------------
Sponsored Links

540 V8 View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Lick my badge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 540 V8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-July-2007 at 23:39

I have seen an artists impression of one and better snap shots and I think I rather like it!

Mike

Current:E34 540i Touring 6 speed manual(Mpower bodykit & suspension)& Chrysler Voyager 3.3 V6 auto
Previous:E34 530iSE AC Schnitzer suspension.
E28 525e auto-Standard
flyingalexf68 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingalexf68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-July-2007 at 18:57
I think it's stupid to have another 4 door SUV. Why can't they make a 2 door
SUV coupe like the 6 series? I'd buy one.
1995 e36 3.0 M3 Coupe, Daytona Violet, AP Racing BBK, CCFL Angel Eyes, M3 Spoiler, M-Tec 3 Steering Wheel.   
2000 530d Steptronic, Poverty Spec, 18" Alloys.
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-July-2007 at 21:28
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-July-2007 at 21:40

Originally posted by </FONT><SPAN =bold><FONT size=2>Bigian Bigian wrote:

Any one for an X6

no thanks

Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
540 V8 View Drop Down
Lick my badge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 540 V8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-July-2007 at 23:38

It's like the X5 had a night alone with the 6 series and they made this! Being one of the younger members, i.e. being very open to new technology, fashion, regimes etc, I think though it may be an un nesessary niche that BMW are trying to plug, on looks alone, I don't have a problem with it.

It does beg the question though, how many manufacturers are going to 'create' a niche to fill by designing a totally irrelavent vehicle that is so weird, everyone will want one! It sort of like the motor trade version of the latest kids toy craze. They design something mad, kids think it's fantastic, parents think WTF??!! but buy it for them anyway lol!

Though cars have always been in some senses a status symbol, are the manufacturers playing up to this now trying to create vehicles that if Mr Jones has got one, then we should get one too?

Mike

Current:E34 540i Touring 6 speed manual(Mpower bodykit & suspension)& Chrysler Voyager 3.3 V6 auto
E28 525e auto-Standard
Peter Fenwick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Fenwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-July-2007 at 10:33

Nothing I could possibly say about it is within the forum guidlines so I won't comment.

Entering an age of Austerity and now driving a Focus Diesel.
635CSi View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 635CSi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-July-2007 at 11:29
Why??

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Fenwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-July-2007 at 11:38

Originally posted by 635CSi 635CSi wrote:

Why??

Because it looks like a big steaming pile of **** and i wouldn't **** on one if it was on fire.

I hate SUVs with a passion. Utterly pointless vehicles that serve no purpose other than to show everyone else how much money you have.

If you need a 4x4 buy a shogun or a land cruiser. That way it's actually be able to go off road. Don't buy a stupid big pointless SUV to drive around a town centre. I don't buy the whole environment thing at the moment but driving a vehicle like that in a city centre i.e London, is the definition of idiocy, not to mention selfishness.

Sorry about the rant, but I couldn't hold it in any longer...

540 V8 View Drop Down
Lick my badge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 540 V8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-July-2007 at 21:55
Originally posted by Peter Fenwick Peter Fenwick wrote:

Originally posted by 635CSi 635CSi wrote:

Why??

Because it looks like a big steaming pile of **** and i wouldn't **** on one if it was on fire.

I hate SUVs with a passion. Utterly pointless vehicles that serve no purpose other than to show everyone else how much money you have.

If you need a 4x4 buy a shogun or a land cruiser. That way it's actually be able to go off road. Don't buy a stupid big pointless SUV to drive around a town centre. I don't buy the whole environment thing at the moment but driving a vehicle like that in a city centre i.e London, is the definition of idiocy, not to mention selfishness.

Sorry about the rant, but I couldn't hold it in any longer...

Don't beat about the bush Peter, come on, tell us what you really think

Mike

E28 525e auto-Standard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Fenwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-July-2007 at 08:51
IamSpartacus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IamSpartacus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-January-2009 at 10:20
Loads of them here in Singapore.... I just don't see the point in them at all, fugly looking things!
The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic