Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > BMW Motorsport & Track Days Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTrackday at Croft in October anyone?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bavarian-Board Contributor
BMWCC Area Organiser Yorks & Humber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trackday at Croft in October anyone?
    Posted: 15-July-2007 at 16:38

We have just had the best trackday ever!

I am thinking of running another in October.. same format as usual but with lots more tracktime than you normally get with Crofts own in-house days.. and the benefit that the organiser (me) sorts out all the Jack the Lads so you know who you will be out there with.

Please let me know if you would be up for it, I need to test the water before I commit the club to a six grand bill.

For those of you that dont know about us I have copied below the blurb from last Mondays event.

Regards,
Nick

Croft Trackday. Monday, July 9th, 2007
Would any of you like to come along to my trackday?
The 50 places I have are nearly all gone now but I am prepared to save a handful of them for the Forum.. but you must act fairly quickly as I am sure the phone will be red hot when the June club journal hits the doormat.

Although it will be predominantly BMW based I don't mind at all if you don't have one.. all I am interested in is the driver, not the car.

This is not your regular boy racer day. This is a day for grown up thinking car enthusiasts that can demonstrate a high degree of respect for one anothers driving abilities. I cater for all skill levels and abilities. Racing cars are welcome but I am afraid I can't take any open wheeled stuff.

You don't need to bring any sandwiches either.. nor put up with expensive on site catering. I have an arrangement with Barry at The Chequers who's efficient staff can turn us around inside the hour that the circuit is closed.

Hot drinks can be had all day.. the monies raised go into next years event.. likewise the raffle. Tickets are £1.. they are only sold on the day.. someone there will win a free trackday!

Your driving will be monitored throughout the day.. this keeps me on top of whats happening in case someone needs bringing in.. but it also makes it easier to sort out The Driver of the Day.. the winner of which gets a nicely etched crystal trophy.

So all in all.. its a right bargain at £140 for an open pit lane event. Factor in that the entry is capped to 50.. top class instruction is provided FOC.. and the organisation that runs it have been doing it longer and better than anyone else.. how can you not come?

Thanks for reading,
Nick

here comes the blurb..

The BMWCC will be holding its 12th annual mid-summer trackday at Croft Circuit on Monday, July 9th.
Highly experienced driving instructors including many with experience of testing at the Nurburgring will be on hand offering their services free of charge.
The number of cars attending is strictly limited to 50 so as to maximise the enjoyment for those who are making use of Crofts challenging layout.
Price for the day is £140 per car and driver, passengers will need to pay £20, spectators and guests are encouraged to come along free of charge.
The event is for BMW Car Club members and their guests.
The day is being run by voluntary members as a Club venture and is not a profit making event, hence the value for money price quoted.

If you would like some more info please drop me a line to sykehouse@hotmail.com

Nicholas Wright
BMW Car Club of Great Britain
Sponsored Links

Nick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-July-2007 at 17:09
Guys,

Croft Circuit have a cancelled date that they have given us first refusal on
Wednesday 10th October 2007

Due to sound restrictions I can only put 15 cars on the circuit at any one time.. but thats good, think of all the open track in front of you.

So I would run two groups in sessions of 20 minutes just like we used to do.

All I need is 30 drivers.. but the cost would be a tenner or so more at £150.

We need to act quickly.. I will not book the circuit until I am sure we can make the money and run this event without comprimising the Donington trackday in September.

Please let me know if you can attend and pay in full asap. Your money would be secure with the BMW Car Club.

We can take all debit/credit cards, cheques and good ol' cash.

What I can't take is Howards raffle winner as that is budgeted into 2008.. unless I get oversubcribed and get some extra income.. then it would be a pleasure.. fingers crossed

See if you can get anyone else to come.. you already know the standard I expect.

Regards,
Nick

Nick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-August-2007 at 19:56
Some very good news..

I have just got the green light from Croft Circuit that we can run our normal day without any restrictions.
They have looked at the noise records for our last few events there and confirmed that we are indeed one of the quiet ones and have no worries with us tipping the noise scale.

So.. forget what I said before about just allowing a few cars out at once in groups.

The Oktobercroft will be OPEN PIT LANE all day... hoorah!

If you 'aint booked in yet.. better hurry up and call me.

Nick
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic