Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > The Big Coupé Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedE24 magazine photoshoot update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Say Neigh to Gatsos

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horsetan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: E24 magazine photoshoot update
    Posted: 25-June-2007 at 22:59

Some time ago, James ("Sohlman") made an appeal for as many E24s as possible to make themselves available for a planned magazine photoshoot.

Due to lack of time, James has had to hand over the organiser's hat, but an Alpina E24 owner has now taken up the cudgels. He has tentatively looked at the idea of everyone attending Silverstone, for the cost of (hopefully) not much more than a tenner admission.

To find out the latest, please read this thread. Currently, page 7 of the thread is where things have got to.

If you have a roadworthy E24 of any age, or any variation (interior or exterior), you and your car's presence would be welcome. All you need to do is commit yourself and ensure you have the day off. Likewise, our intrepid Alpina E24 owner would also be biting your hand off if you can help him to organise the admin, etc.....

Edited by Horsetan

Sponsored Links

Horsetan View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Say Neigh to Gatsos

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horsetan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-June-2007 at 19:47

The Silverstone date is 2nd September 2007. Apologies if that wasn't made clear.

Please e-mail Steve Richardson, our intrepid Alpina E24 owner, to confirm whether you are attending and can help: steve.richardson11@btinternet.com

Edited by Horsetan

AndyS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
The Last of the Few

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-June-2007 at 19:43
I'm happy to attend providing it's not too early a start - I'm about 250 miles North!

AndyS
Live each day as if it's your last - one day it will be.

Horsetan View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Say Neigh to Gatsos

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horsetan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-July-2007 at 18:38
Ah c'mon fellas - there have got to be more E24s out there! What about the ones that went to Ireland in recent years?

DAT 635 View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DAT 635 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-July-2007 at 23:19

Hi, I hav`nt been on line for quite a while and have only just read this post regarding a get together of us six owners. Are there any spaces left?, and if so I would like to attend with my 88 highline, I have registered with the big coupe forum & am awaiting activation of my account. If it is easier for the person who is organising the event to ring me with details and availability of a place, my phone number is 07946 530567 or my email address is javyt@hotmail.co.uk

thank you DAT

Edited by DAT 635
Current Car 1988
Diamond Black 635CSi

Previous Beemers :-
1984 Boston Green 323i Coupe.
1991 Boston Green 325i Cabriolet.
1987 Lachs Silver 635CSi.
1995 Forest Green 840Ci.
1988 Dolphin Grey 635CSi.

Horsetan View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Say Neigh to Gatsos

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horsetan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-July-2007 at 22:10

Originally posted by DAT 635 DAT 635 wrote:

If it is easier for the person who is organising the event to ring me with details and availability of a place....

PM sent

Horsetan View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Say Neigh to Gatsos

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horsetan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-August-2007 at 00:27
Update: there are now 25 E24s ready to go "on show" at Silverstone on 2nd September. Some of them might even have a go on the track for 15 minutes.....

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic