Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > General Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedLucky escape - TWICE!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Lick my badge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 540 V8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lucky escape - TWICE!
    Posted: 17-June-2007 at 16:31

I made a journey yesterday which I wished I hadn't.

I had to drive from J10 - J12 of the M4 as I had an appointment booked to have photo's done of my 10 week old.

When coming off the motorway at J12 I wanted the 3rd exit which is a dual carraige way. In order to get the lefthand lane for the 3rd exit you need to be in the centre lane of the sliproad when coming off the motorway, which I was. As you drive past the 2nd exit (to get back on the motorway I'd just come off) the middle lane then turns into the left lane to enter the 3rd exit. So nothing complicated there?

WRONG - Some idiot decided he wanted to be in the 3rd lane i.e. the very inside of the roundabout, to get off at the second exit. Just as I'm about to pass the second exit, in the middle lane, he turn acorss the front of me causing me to swerve to the left and almost stop right at the motorway exit! His bumper was inches off my o/s front wing. 

Both me and my wife both shouted and gestured through the window, politley asking as to what on gods earth he thought he was doing!  He had also stopped in the middle of the roundabout so I thought "ok, he's realied what an idiot he is, I'll now go round the roundabout and continue my journey"

Oh no, he had different ideas and thought I was letting him go?!?!?!? so as I put my foot down, so did he, causing me to swerve again and now forcing me onto the motorway  which I had just come off!!

I was so angry and now about to miss my appointment I accelerated down the slip road and up to almost 100mph before realising how fast I was going! Then I saw a silver 5 series blazing up behind me with blue flashing lights! Luckily he was going elsewhere and I managed to contact the photo place and let them know due to an idiot, I would be late.

On my way home, I indicated to enter a filter lane to take a right turn. As I start to enter this lane, a motor bike coming the other way decided to overtake a car and look behind hime for a couple of seconds. I had already begun to enter my lane and cars were passing me so I could not pull back out and the rider was heading for my bonnet when he decided to look into the direction he was actually travelling (duh!) and realising he was about to become a bonnet badge, swerved infront of the car he was overtaking causing them to brake hard and almost causing them to swerve into my path!

Luckily (though I don't know how) I was being looked after by some invisible force because the car and family got home intact!

One highlight was sitting next to a done up Vectra GSI who was revving the nuts out of it. He was indicating to get on the motorway as was I and the lights were red. He had one passenger who was admiring my car and smiling   I had me and my wife, 3 kids, a pushchair, 3 bags of shopping and 2 baby bags. To say I creamed him is an understatement. I felt better then

Mike

Current:E34 540i Touring 6 speed manual(Mpower bodykit & suspension)& Chrysler Voyager 3.3 V6 auto
Previous:E34 530iSE AC Schnitzer suspension.
E28 525e auto-Standard
Sponsored Links

Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-June-2007 at 17:10
There are some right eejits out there, unfortunately you tend to meet them all at the same time..

I think you were more than a bit lucky.
V reg Rustbucket Merc C220 Cdi estate
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
'63 Ford Anglia 105e deluxe
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
DSK328i View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSK328i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-June-2007 at 20:18

Its amazing how some seem to do this sort of stuff so freely isntead of either carrying on and truning round further on or just being more careful when knowingly they are about to disrupt other vehicles etc.  Never nice having to take evasive action for others stupidity.

Surprisingly I was shocked at the antics of an RAC patrol van yesterday in the diluting rain yesterday as I was heading to a family party.  As I came off the M62, you hit that huge roundabout at the bottom of the slip road.  I was in the outisde lane as I wanted the M606 (4th exit).  I am in the right hand lane on the approach, just passing a large HGV, borken down car ahead on the rounadbout, no problems, everything is slow and steady ....  as I am just about to pass the broken down car, without warnings/signals the attending RAC patrol van jumps off the grass into my path and back onto the grass infront of the broken down car.  I had no choice but to swerve across (towards the left) without looking (knowing I had cleared the truck, but wasn't sure how far behind me it was at this stage).  My parents were in the car and pretty much stopped breathing for a few long seconds wondering how the hell I avoided colliding with the RAC van.

Let The Good Times Roll
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic