Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW 3 Series
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedE30 Heater Illumination

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: E30 Heater Illumination
    Posted: 11-June-2007 at 11:03

Hi All,

Just bought an E30 cab and I have small jobs to sort out 

The illumination for the heater controls is not working, can any of you guys advise me as to how to replace the bulb(s)

Thanking you,

Mac

Sponsored Links

Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-June-2007 at 12:16

You've probably 'lost' the bulb, either it's died or popped out.

It sits behind the illumination panel[2]

remove the stereo and is if it's floating around, worst case is to remove the dash panel.

Sport Evolution Schwarz #043
contemporary View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote contemporary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-June-2007 at 23:05
I've just done this job on my 17 year old new to me 325i. It is possible to replace and reseat the bulb via the stereo gap but very fiddly with little visibility. The bulb and holder is on the end of a wire that gets dislodged from a clip it sits in on the bottom rh corner of the heater control box (No. 27 in the pic above.)

I was removing the OBC anyway so I eventually replaced the bulb and reseated it from the lh side of the console after removing the glovebox side access panel. My advice is to get a replacement bulb from a dealer - I bought an aftermarket one and it was v. weak so then got a 'proper' one that works well.

Now I just have to sort the several other blown dash bulbs so I can see what I'm doing after dark

hth

C

Edited by contemporary
Mac View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-June-2007 at 09:20

Hi Lads,

Thanks for the replies, I did the job one evening last week, no problems, just some fiddly screws.

Thanks again,

Mac.

thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-June-2007 at 22:29

Originally posted by contemporary contemporary wrote:

Now I just have to sort the several other blown dash bulbs so I can see what I'm doing after dark

the mind boggles

Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic