Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Irish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockede90 316i drivers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Funs over, Scotty; beam down my clothes!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fey! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: e90 316i drivers
    Posted: 28-May-2007 at 23:04

I know that this is going to sound like trolling, but what's the story with these people?

On Saturday, on my way home from Dublin, a guy came up behind me at the end of the motorway where it filters to one lane before Kilbeggan.  I was glued to the 100kph limit, and he approached at warp speed, flashing his lights to try and get me to pull into the crosshatching to let him pass.  Silver 07-D-22** BMW 316i saloon.  He then tried overtaking me on the next roundabout, failed, and then overtook me on a solid white line and through a junction when I slowed down for the 50kph zone in Kilbeggan.  Funnily enough, I passed him a little while later on the Athlone bypass despite stopping to go to the loo, grab a coffee, and not break a speed limit (in fact, I spent a while stuck in traffic, too).  He was driving VERY slowly when I passed him; I reckon that he either had a run in with a blue-lighter or had a scare.  And he was no boy racer; the guy was at least 40; he may have been trying to impress his female companion, and was definitely trying to overcompensate for his lack of cylinders!

My second incident was this morning, same type of car, only black with an 06-G reg.  40-ish woman driving, kiddies in the back, forced her way across a junction where I had right of way, and glared at me as she barged across.  Met the same woman a few minutes later at another junction; same thing again.

What is the mindset with these people?

Sponsored Links

flyingalexf68 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingalexf68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2007 at 23:10
You're probably right about the first guy getting pulled. The car had no
bearing on the womans behaviour though. They all do that.
1995 e36 3.0 M3 Coupe, Daytona Violet, AP Racing BBK, CCFL Angel Eyes, M3 Spoiler, M-Tec 3 Steering Wheel.   
2000 530d Steptronic, Poverty Spec, 18" Alloys.
Fey! View Drop Down
Funs over, Scotty; beam down my clothes!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fey! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2007 at 23:12
Even Mrs Fey and Mammy Fey admit that women are the most discourteous people on the road; they ones who will pull in front of you even if they can't progress rather thsn let you out of a junction.
thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2007 at 23:13

Originally posted by flyingalexf68 flyingalexf68 wrote:

The car had no bearing on the womans behaviour though. They all do that.

OOOO! Tut-tut

Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
bmw1066 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
GOOD OLD E23

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bmw1066 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2007 at 23:14
Just do a serch on U-tube for worman drivers very very funy
Mark 735 se 1982
RED BARON A E23 is for life not just for x-mas
BMW e34 530 v8 Sport kit
Spelling always Bad
nn_dd View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nn_dd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2007 at 23:27
I think it's just a coincidence that they were both driving 316's, there a lot of stupid stupid stupid drivers out there, either speeding really where you' wouldn't want to, being completely oblivious to other road users or completely oblvious to the road that they are on.....normally on the old mobile and so many of them have families on board - what if there's a crash - how could you live with yourself !
E39 530d Touring

Kin Mak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kin Mak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-May-2007 at 23:51

I usually just put my foot down if someone is being annoying behind me, watching attempt to keep up puts a smile on my face. Then I just pull to the left and let them past, that way if they are trying to impress a female she would ask, "You said your Porsche was fast, why could you not keep up with that big 4 door family car?"

Joey View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2007 at 01:24

ha ha thats quality must remember that.

its not what you drive its what drives you
(INITIAL D)
E36 M3 Cabrio Cosmos Black
BeemaBoy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Starting a Collection

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeemaBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2007 at 09:33

I find that in this country, it is more these annoying little teenage girls driving these horrible little cars that cause the most trouble. Sitting right on your towbar in traffic and getting all angry when you stop them from cutting you off at a roundabout! And boy...do some of them have a foul mouth on them!!!

BB

87 E30 320I
95 E34 525I Auto, Executive Package, Arctic Silver
98 E38 740I Steptronic, Silver
Kin Mak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kin Mak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2007 at 10:15
Originally posted by BeemaBoy BeemaBoy wrote:

I find that in this country, it is more these annoying little teenage girls driving these horrible little cars that cause the most trouble. Sitting right on your towbar in traffic and getting all angry when you stop them from cutting you off at a roundabout! And boy...do some of them have a foul mouth on them!!!

It's the foul mouthed ones I like...

T.J. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T.J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2007 at 10:19
Mazda 6 MPS
S1 Elise 135 Sport
Alfa Romeo 159 Sportwagon

Formerly E39 TDS, E36 M3, E36 328i, E34 525i, E34 518i
irelandoffline View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandoffline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2007 at 10:32

Not all of us have 400+ brake under our right foot Kin.

I might only have 2 litres, but i can use it when the need arises. If someone is really annoying me, i make sure they are behind me and stay there.

E39 Black, DSG off.

elara.ie - boards.ie
Kin Mak View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kin Mak Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2007 at 10:45
Originally posted by irelandoffline irelandoffline wrote:

Not all of us have 400+ brake under our right foot Kin.

I might only have 2 litres, but i can use it when the need arises. If someone is really annoying me, i make sure they are behind me and stay there.

I would not keep them behind me if they want to go faster, if I want to cruise along I would just let them past. Last thing I want is an idiot tailgating me.

Dergside View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dergside Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2007 at 11:06

Originally posted by irelandoffline irelandoffline wrote:

If someone is really annoying me, i make sure they are behind me and stay there.

I often do the opposite in these circumstances and slow right down.  The last thing I want on my back bumper is someone that is so distracted by the need to be doing something else that they don't see/can't react to my brake lights when the need arises.  That the act of slowing to a crawl might also raise their blood pressure is merely a bonus!

What is interesting too is that my cars spend most of their time running on cruise control and the fact that you sail right up behind the same car a few miles up the road at the same speed that you were doing when they streaked past never ceases to amaze me.

On a similar topic, on the way to work this morning a marked blue lighter passed me on the dual carriageway.  A few hundred yards ahead of me they flashed a Punto to pull over to the hard shoulder.  Instead of pulling the blue lighter on to the hard shoulder they pulled up alongside the Punto (in the left hand lane) and rolled down the passenger window to give their rollicking to the young fella's on board.  They were completely oblivious to the fact that a minibus had to do an emergency manouver from the left lane and in to my path in the overtaking lane.  Thanksfully I had anticipated it and was already on the brakes.

Now: BMW 523i SE '00, 318i SE - e91 '07, 325i Coupe '93.

Prev:
e46 328i SE Touring, 330Ci, 318Ci.
e39 523i SE.
e36 325i Coupe *2, 323i SE, 316iSE.
e30 325iSE 2dr, 320i Conv, 320i 2dr, 316i.
Curley View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2007 at 11:10

Good point Kin, generally 400+ bhp cars not only out accelerate most cars they out brake them as well.

Had a mate with an FTO a few years ago he put the boot down to get away from a mk3 golf that was talegating him only to have him run into him 5min later after he did some hard braking before a roundabout......

dryle View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dryle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2007 at 11:29
Originally posted by Kin Mak Kin Mak wrote:

It's the foul mouthed ones I like...

bit like the one in your avator

Dave Ryle

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -- George Bernard Shaw
dryle View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dryle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2007 at 11:30

BB

blow them a kiss really gets them hot and bothered

Dave Ryle

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -- George Bernard Shaw
irelandoffline View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote irelandoffline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2007 at 11:32
I like to have all the trouble behind me. If they shunt me, my towbar would look after them, and it's their fault.
E39 Black, DSG off.

elara.ie - boards.ie
BeemaBoy View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Starting a Collection

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeemaBoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2007 at 11:43
Originally posted by dryle dryle wrote:

BB

blow them a kiss really gets them hot and bothered

I will have to remember that on the way home...as I usually have an encounter every few days! No doubt though...people in South Africa, mainly the Gauteng area, drive like a bunch of idiots. Everyone does not care anymore because the police here are so useless!!! Too busy hiding behind a bush trying to catch people doing 121KM/h in a 120KM/h zone than checking all the people driving like idiots.

I actually saw a woman about 2 weeks ago try to cut off a double decker bus by crossing over to the wrong side of the road while there was on coming traffic...in a new uno or something...the bus had to brake hard to avoid squashing her and all of this was just to get one space infront of the bus! She would have had no chance in her car if the bus did not stop...

You have to wonder what goes through peoples minds these days whe driving???

BB

87 E30 320I
95 E34 525I Auto, Executive Package, Arctic Silver
98 E38 740I Steptronic, Silver
The blue bullet View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II
Surfs Up!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The blue bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-May-2007 at 11:53

My 2 cents...

Is it just me or do the "smaller" (316 etc) BM drivers drive more aggressively than drivers of larger more capable BM’s? I find that if I get blasted 9 times out of ten it’s a 316/318.

I don’t think it’s just confined to BM’s either, Starlets (Glanzia?) and Colts (Mirage?) are just as bad. I cannot remember the last time a 5 series 4ltr V8 drove past me recklessly!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic