Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Irish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedpics of my new 95 525i auto from japan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pics of my new 95 525i auto from japan
    Posted: 07-May-2007 at 17:37
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=744038

here she is below, genuine 70k miles mint.  525i auto vanos, electric heated seats, sunroof, bilztein suspension shocks and springs, acs full kit incl rear spoiler, facelift model. All ineed is a set of clear lense indicators for the rear and she's done, maybe the wheels sprayed black would look cool. Opinions?   the e30 m3 i sold is in similar condition.

Edited by neoman
Sponsored Links

Beemerboy View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beemerboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2007 at 17:53
Nice car neoman, I thought that you brought that car in a good few months ago, did you post something about that on bimmerforums or racershaven before? Have you still got the black one?
E36 328i coupe
E34 525i
Previous: E36 320i coupe
neoman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2007 at 18:08
Originally posted by Beemerboy Beemerboy wrote:

Nice car neoman, I thought that you brought that car in a good few months ago, did you post something about that on bimmerforums or racershaven before? Have you still got the black one?

yep sold the black one for 2k, you can see her in a pic above in the background, a mate bought her and is changing her to manual with lsd. absolute bargain but i had no other offers on her and i needed room. autos are hard to shift i guess but with all the genuine acs gear and absolutley no rust anywhere she was a bargain and had low mileage. she also had an acs steering wheel which i heard are expensive. this one only got here a couple of weeks ago from japan. when i posted before i had just won her at auction. well worth the wait though i am confident you won't find cleaner anywhere. she won't be for sale lol

Edited by neoman
Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2007 at 18:18
Very nice, being a Jap import it should have decent bodywork and a lowish mileage which it looks like it has.

How do you go about importing into Eire then? Over here you need to convert into mph and have a fog lamp fitted (if not already there) and the bodywork needs under-sealing etc.

V reg Rustbucket Merc C220 Cdi estate
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
'63 Ford Anglia 105e deluxe
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
neoman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2007 at 18:24
Originally posted by Rhys Rhys wrote:

Very nice, being a Jap import it should have decent bodywork and a lowish mileage which it looks like it has.

How do you go about importing into Eire then? Over here you need to convert into mph and have a fog lamp fitted (if not already there) and the bodywork needs under-sealing etc.

all bmws have fog light anyway, and we are kph not mph in Ireland like the rest of europe bar Uk, I've brought in other performance cars from japan and no foglight is needed to pass the test if it's not standard.

Edited by neoman
denishogan View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Whats this title thing about then?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denishogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2007 at 18:27
Very nice Neoman... well wear.

I was looking at the prices of E30s and E34s in Japan (before auction) - they were shocking (low). I had assumed that the price would go up quite a bit during auction... is this the case? Or are there some good deals to be found?

Edited by denishogan
neoman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2007 at 18:39
Originally posted by denishogan denishogan wrote:

Very nice Neoman... well wear.

I was looking at the prices of E30s and E34s in Japan (before auction) - they were shocking (low). I had assumed that the price would go up quite a bit during auction... is this the case? Or are there some good deals to be found?

this car cost me 1700 euro incl fees at auction about 1150k sterling, then another 1k in vat duty handling shipping etc thats 2700, vrt will be 765 so all in about 3400 euro or 2300 GBP, whatever you buy her for in japan it will be roughly double by the time she's home.
Ben O Brien View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben O Brien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2007 at 18:45
Well wear it looks a minter! Nice to see some tasty E34's around the place,
99' 740iL   
99' 728i Sport
98' E39 M5 - Avus Blue, Dec Car!
96' M3 Saloon - Estoril Blue
94' M3 3.0 Convertible
91' E34 M5 - 3.6, Macau Blue

*E36 M3's Breaking*
flyingalexf68 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingalexf68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2007 at 18:58
Yes great looking car noeman. Well ware. I'd leave the wheels as they are
though. If you want to go for black rims I'd buy new ones with a polished or
chrome rim so they don't look like rental car steel rims as you're driving
along.
1995 e36 3.0 M3 Coupe, Daytona Violet, AP Racing BBK, CCFL Angel Eyes, M3 Spoiler, M-Tec 3 Steering Wheel.   
2000 530d Steptronic, Poverty Spec, 18" Alloys.
neoman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2007 at 19:13
i was thinking 18's on her to fill up the arch
flyingalexf68 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingalexf68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2007 at 19:48
Arches look pretty filled IMO because the car is lowered. (are they 16's or
17's? ) But 18's with a deep dish would look pretty cool too.
1995 e36 3.0 M3 Coupe, Daytona Violet, AP Racing BBK, CCFL Angel Eyes, M3 Spoiler, M-Tec 3 Steering Wheel.   
2000 530d Steptronic, Poverty Spec, 18" Alloys.
neoman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2007 at 20:47
Originally posted by flyingalexf68 flyingalexf68 wrote:

Arches look pretty filled IMO because the car is lowered. (are they 16's or
17's? ) But 18's with a deep dish would look pretty cool too.

17"s with 235 45 17 rubber allround, 18"s might cause wear on the bushes though, has anyone else got experience of this?
ivanovoitch View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Where did all the white water come from?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ivanovoitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2007 at 21:03
Absolutely love it....looks likes the dog's...oh! hang on. That is a dog!

Don't mess with her...she's beautiful!
beemerchris View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beemerchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2007 at 21:24

I have tried 18's and found the ride to harsch. Also the consensus is that if you use 18's the lower control arms have to be the steal variety. 18's are only used on "LE M5's" with the edc Nuerburgring suspension

My 540 sport has the sticker for 17's staggert in it and 234/45/17 front and 255/40/17baack on staggert rims

You have to roll the rear arches as well for 18's IIRC

Chris
3rock-Car-Electronics-Services

Cars.:
e34 540t 6sp
e24 635csi
ivanovoitch View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Where did all the white water come from?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ivanovoitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2007 at 21:29
Originally posted by beemerchris beemerchris wrote:

to harsch.

Try "too harsh"
beemerchris View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beemerchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2007 at 21:34
Originally posted by ivanovoitch ivanovoitch wrote:

Originally posted by beemerchris beemerchris wrote:

to harsch.

Try "too harsh"

LOL never noticed that the german and english words have only a c diference between them 

Edited by beemerchris
Chris
3rock-Car-Electronics-Services

Cars.:
e34 540t 6sp
e24 635csi
635CSi View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 635CSi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2007 at 21:42
Looks like a minter! Did you get all the manuals and service books with it?? I can see it has an absolutely massive spec aswell!! Nice AC Schnitzer bodykit.

Edited by 635CSi
neoman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2007 at 21:51
Originally posted by 635CSi 635CSi wrote:

Looks like a minter! Did you get all the manuals and service books with it?? I can see it has an absolutely massive spec aswell!!

not much use in japanese lol.  she's a good car though one look underneath will show that, no wet diff, gearbox or sump, all dry and all straight.. anyone know what the crack is with taking off the chrome or covering it in black? shadowline is the word i'm looking for, is there a method or just basic diy
lukeduke View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukeduke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2007 at 21:54
the car looks great Neoman, best of luck with her.
Previous:
2001 M3
2004 M3 CS.
Current:
2007 318D SE SALOON.
Ben O Brien View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben O Brien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2007 at 22:51
The trim is a pure b*tch to do and its not as easy as take one off one car etc you would have to get the new one brand new and even then very easy to bend. Best option is to use insulation tape, while it sounds crude i saw it done on a members car and he had to point it out to me before i noticed!
99' 740iL   
99' 728i Sport
98' E39 M5 - Avus Blue, Dec Car!
96' M3 Saloon - Estoril Blue
94' M3 3.0 Convertible
91' E34 M5 - 3.6, Macau Blue

*E36 M3's Breaking*
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic