Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Irish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedpics of my new 95 525i auto from japan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephen520i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-May-2007 at 23:37
Another fine example of an cult classic. We need to see more of these on our road's..

Best of luck with it.
E34 520i auto leather

Previous: E36 93 316i M40 Boston Green

Sponsored Links

m3sport View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3sport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2007 at 00:03
Nice car i must say but please say the clear lights to the rear mean the clear lights and not the (lexus lights) as they call them cuz they ruin a nice car.  Otherwise it looks like a real beauty!
I miss my m3.......
neoman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2007 at 02:29
Originally posted by m3sport m3sport wrote:

Nice car i must say but please say the clear lights to the rear mean the clear lights and not the (lexus lights) as they call them cuz they ruin a nice car.  Otherwise it looks like a real beauty!

jesus no just the clear top like my old car below

Edited by neoman
NOISUFNOC View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NOISUFNOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2007 at 09:14
Very nice, you can never have too many E34's on the roads.
528 for now
635CSi View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 635CSi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2007 at 21:30
[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Do you bring alot of E34's in, and do you get any history whatsoever with them?? Looks like good value for what is essentially a concourse E34.
neoman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-May-2007 at 22:28
Originally posted by 635CSi 635CSi wrote:

[/QUOT

[/QUOTE]

Do you bring alot of E34's in, and do you get any history whatsoever with them?? Looks like good value for what is essentially a concourse E34.
[/QUOTE]

no i don't get history as such as in service records there will be stickers on them from previous service sometimes. but i buy from auctions and all auction cars are graded, 3.5-4 would be a very good grade for a bmw a grade 4 would be like the white one i bought. if theres any repair history or panels replaced these will be stated on the auction sheet , any scratch or stone chip or dent will also be marked out on the sheet as is mileage, I know there is a way to check if your car has been clocked by using the key and holding in the trip button or something but i can't remember. a mate did it with a car he bought in the uk with 200k miles did the test and 430,000 came up lol i did it on the black one and nothing happened. one look at her underneath anyway will tell if she's genuine or not.
i've never been stung bringing in a car yet and have had no complaints after i sold them on. I don't usually bring in e34's to sell on because most people will find one cheaper in the uk but you get what you pay for imo and in this case it's a minter with 70k which i won't sell for a long long time and which you would have trouble matching for mileage with any cars i've seen in the autotrader
dryle View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dryle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2007 at 09:40

Originally posted by 635CSi 635CSi wrote:

[/QUOT

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

それらは多分japeneseのマニュアルのようです

Dave Ryle

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -- George Bernard Shaw
635CSi View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 635CSi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-May-2007 at 14:57

[/QUOTE]

それらは多分japeneseのマニュアルのようです

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I had a bit of a blonde moment there.
dryle View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dryle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2007 at 09:32
how did you find out about the cars in japan and how do you go about buying them.
Dave Ryle

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -- George Bernard Shaw
Fey! View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Funs over, Scotty; beam down my clothes!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fey! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-May-2007 at 10:40

Looks great.  Looking forward to seeing it around.

What part of Galway are you based in?

neoman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2007 at 21:28
Originally posted by Fey! Fey! wrote:

Looks great.  Looking forward to seeing it around.

What part of Galway are you based in?

I'm from Oughterard but living in tuam now. i'm up in a towercrane in knocknacarra across from joyces. she'll be parked there normally.

next buy is hopefully an e34 M5 but all i've seen in japan is lhd so far but minters. If it was an easy conversion then it would be well worth it. i've seen an M5 93 reg with only 20k miles on her in blue over silver and it was absolutley flawless but lhd... how i cursed
neoman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2007 at 21:31
Originally posted by dryle dryle wrote:

how did you find out about the cars in japan and how do you go about buying them.

I buy them myself through an auction agent in japan,not from a dealer. Therefore i can see if anything has been changed like bodypanels for example or if it has a crash history or repair history. I browse through the cars and bid on one i want, he recieves my bid and if successfull organises documentation, shipping etc for a commission.
T.J. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T.J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2007 at 21:42

A fella came looking at my M3 a while back. Came in a 1993 E36 328i Sport with 30k on the clock that he had bought from Singapore. Diamond schwartz,factory fit limited slip diff, transmission from a different supplier (can't remember is normal USA & this was Japan or vice versa) cloth interior, air-con, ABS, factory tint windows that were very dark, and he'd a set of 17" 5 spoke rims in anthracite on it ... the car was MINT.

He was explaining to me some of the spec differences with BMWs from that part of the world, which were interesting. ABS wasn't standard, ditto air-con.

Mazda 6 MPS
S1 Elise 135 Sport
Alfa Romeo 159 Sportwagon

Formerly E39 TDS, E36 M3, E36 328i, E34 525i, E34 518i
PaulS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
East Anglia BMWCC Regional Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-May-2007 at 21:43
Originally posted by beemerchris beemerchris wrote:

I have tried 18's and found the ride to harsch. Also the consensus is that if you use 18's the lower control arms have to be the steal variety. 18's are only used on "LE M5's" with the edc Nuerburgring suspension

My 540 sport has the sticker for 17's staggert in it and 234/45/17 front and 255/40/17baack on staggert rims

You have to roll the rear arches as well for 18's IIRC

I'm running on 18's and I've found the ride not that harsh and I didn't need to roll the arches to get the rears under either and my rears are 9 1/2x18. My mate Ady's 530V8 is on 18's as well and his ride is fine as well. Also noticed that the steering wheel was off an e39 which is handy to know because Ady doesn't like the standard e34 3 spoke steering wheel with airbag and had thought about putting on a sports steering wheel off an e39 (the 3 spoke wheel)

Paul

95 E34 530i V8 Auto Maldives Blue
neoman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neoman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2007 at 03:07
Originally posted by e34silver530i e34silver530i wrote:

Originally posted by beemerchris beemerchris wrote:

I have tried 18's and found the ride to harsch. Also the consensus is that if you use 18's the lower control arms have to be the steal variety. 18's are only used on "LE M5's" with the edc Nuerburgring suspension

My 540 sport has the sticker for 17's staggert in it and 234/45/17 front and 255/40/17baack on staggert rims

You have to roll the rear arches as well for 18's IIRC

I'm running on 18's and I've found the ride not that harsh and I didn't need to roll the arches to get the rears under either and my rears are 9 1/2x18. My mate Ady's 530V8 is on 18's as well and his ride is fine as well. Also noticed that the steering wheel was off an e39 which is handy to know because Ady doesn't like the standard e34 3 spoke steering wheel with airbag and had thought about putting on a sports steering wheel off an e39 (the 3 spoke wheel)

Paul

i'll think about 18"s but not for the time being anyway, i'd love to get a 3 spoke sports wheel aith airbag. it it easy change with the airbag or does the bag need to be taken out to reach the centre nut?
PaulS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
East Anglia BMWCC Regional Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-May-2007 at 21:06

I'm guessing the airbag would have to come out to change the steering wheel and would be better with disconnecting the battery first!

Paul

95 E34 530i V8 Auto Maldives Blue
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic