Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedDelegates Day - Picters

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Delegates Day - Picters
    Posted: 16-April-2007 at 15:30
Me, NeRo and Bigian did the round trip to Birmingham on Saturday for a wee get-together with the club directors - a good day was had. Here's some snaps from the car park. Keep an eye on the mag for the full story.

Sponsored Links

Jack735 View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack735 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-April-2007 at 17:14

Nice cars!  Angles made me feel a bit sea sick.

What was the chat then?  As this forum isn't part of the club we dont all get the mag

Oooh, The machine of a dream, such a clean machine With the pistons a pumpin', and the alloys all gleam, When I'm holding your wheel, All I hear is your gear, With my hand on your grease gun, Mmm it's like a disease son, I'm in love with my car, gotta feel for my automobile, Get a grip on my .......
Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-April-2007 at 17:24
Originally posted by Jack735 Jack735 wrote:

What was the chat then?  As this forum isn't part of the club we don't all get the mag

Join and find out

Previous:

E36 318is coupe, E36 323i coupe, E30 316 saloon, E30 318 saloon, E46 330ci Sport Conv
E92 325d M Sport(3.0),With Loads of gadgets

Current:
116i Sport F20
NOISUFNOC View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NOISUFNOC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-April-2007 at 17:28
You kept that quiet, you could have brought my new car home for me
528 for now
Cambell View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cambell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-April-2007 at 17:44

Great pics as usual.

M6 MMMMMMMMMMM

Jack735 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack735 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-April-2007 at 18:28
Originally posted by Pete330 Pete330 wrote:

What was the chat then?  As this forum isn't part of the club we don't all get the mag

Join and find out

Given what’s happened in the not too distant past I don’t feel at the moment the club is the sort of association I would want to be a member of, or contribute money to.

I am, however, of the opinion that such a state of affairs cannot last forever and would be happy to learn of conciliatory tones coming from the club, I think unlikely, or a change in management [style] again probably unlikely in the short to medium term.

I joined this forum before I heard about the club and have been made very welcome by; helped by; humoured by; had a laugh with people from all over these islands (and probably beyond). My allegiance (if that's what it is) is with the forum and those who run it.

Being one of the worlds most eternal optimists I however remain hopeful. At my age (49) I fear I may be running out of time.

Oooh, The machine of a dream, such a clean machine With the pistons a pumpin', and the alloys all gleam, When I'm holding your wheel, All I hear is your gear, With my hand on your grease gun, Mmm it's like a disease son, I'm in love with my car, gotta feel for my automobile, Get a grip on my .......
Rossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-April-2007 at 18:37

Join and find out

Why?

we're still kept in the dark anyway and the news is old when it's published in the mag and received by the club member. Freedom of information...NOT! IMO

Is the info from the meeting on the BMWCC forum site? (not when this was posted)

The quickest media available isn't utilised properly, e-mail to club members to inform them of agenda and outcomes of meetings. I find this procedure very dissapointing for a so called 'car club' an not as efficient as the car manufacturers.

I do realise that all club members aren't on the internet but, one letter wouldn't go amiss to inform these individuals.

[rant over]

good photo's guys and a nice selection of machinery..

Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-April-2007 at 18:39
Broadly it was a chance for club members at Regional and Register Chair level to go along and take a.n.other member with them to chunter about all things club. It was a highly positive event and if even half of what was discussed is improved or delivered it can only be good news. Collar me at the next meet we're both at and I'll talk it through with you
Coasting View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
www.TOTALTORQUE.net

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coasting Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-April-2007 at 18:43
Whose is the M6?

Now with FREE HPI CHECK and FREE GLASSES GUIDE VALUATIONS for all members!

Rossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-April-2007 at 19:03

Originally posted by Webdunk Webdunk wrote:

Broadly it was a chance for club members at Regional and Register Chair level to go along and take a.n.other member with them to chunter about all things club. It was a highly positive event and if even half of what was discussed is improved or delivered it can only be good news. Collar me at the next meet we're both at and I'll talk it through with you

Thanks but, that's not the issue here Dunc. Surely there should be something posted up on the BMWCC forums (in the members only section) or an email to members or letters out to members (who don't have internet access)

I can't make the next meet due to pre-arranged commitments so, it'll be the following meet (maybe) and by that time it's old news again..

Hopefully you understand where I am coming from..I'm all for the bigger picture of the car club and would like to be informed of the progress as a club member, that ain't too much to ask is it?

Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-April-2007 at 19:23

At my age (49) I fear I may be running out of time.

Your still a spring chicken at that age

Previous:

E36 318is coupe, E36 323i coupe, E30 316 saloon, E30 318 saloon, E46 330ci Sport Conv
E92 325d M Sport(3.0),With Loads of gadgets

Current:
116i Sport F20
Jack735 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack735 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-April-2007 at 19:36

At my age (49) I fear I may be running out of time.

Your still a spring chicken at that age

Cheers Pete, egg in the post!

Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2007 at 08:37
Originally posted by Rossi Rossi wrote:

Thanks but, that's not the issue here Dunc. Surely there should be something posted up on the BMWCC forums (in the members only section) or an email to members or letters out to members (who don't have internet access)

I can't make the next meet due to pre-arranged commitments so, it'll be the following meet (maybe) and by that time it's old news again.

Hopefully you understand where I am coming from..I'm all for the bigger picture of the car club and would like to be informed of the progress as a club member, that ain't too much to ask is it?

I'm doing the actual write-up for the mag so I'm not wanting to pre-empt that here. The issue of communications in general was a strong one throughout the meeting and the internet (eMail/forum/website) was highlighted in particular. I think you've got to weigh up the comms task the club faces with the following in mind :

- this meeting was a first and a good initiative
- it was not for all, it was for Region / Register chairmen so those who were to attend were informed
- feedback on the day suggests that there will be more
- you will be informed in the club mag of what went on as that is the only media that all club members get
- if some of the suggestions brought up on the day are adopted then in the future you will see better/more/different use of comms online
- your Scottish committee do their best to keep you up-to-date and will continue so to do. As ever, all suggestions / queries are welcome. My number's in the mag, I'm always on here and you've all got my eMail
Chas C View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Nothing new under the sun

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chas C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2007 at 09:02

You can be as positive as you like but I still believe that ALL of your money, enthusiasm and effort is going into the coffers of a regime which returns nothing to the region you come from.  The 'benefits' you get are pretty worthless or they can be gained without being linked to the national club in any case, Why waste £35 if it's just being used to pay someone elses salary and telephone bill?

I think the Scottish mob are well placed to set up their own distinct club with their own funds, discount schemes, and affiliate businesses (such as Davy, Kevin etc).  We could even organise rolling road days and track days at a central location for the benefit of all members.  This is much more effective if it is done under the banner of an offical club (with our own letterhead) rather than as a group of members and forum users with no real organisation behind them.  We could get involved with more local businesses (even dealers!) for discount structures and events.

I know this takes some administration and committment but we have a number of talented and enthusiastic people here already who are happy to do it under the current structure.  There is already a Scottish club website which (I believe) is distinct from the national one.  There is already an affiliated forum we all use - this one - which would be happy to see it's principal contributors become more organised and less reliant on the national body, which only pays lip service to our region in any case.  There may even be a similar ground-swell of opinion for a similar set-up on the other side of Rockall (Killian??)

How much more enthusiasm would we generate for a local club with it's own local management, run on a not-for-profit basis, by and for the benefit of local members.  I would certainly be much happier to get involved in such a venture and even take an active part in the stewardship of it.  If we are professional about the way it's handled, I believe we can make it a real success.  I would never say that of the national club.

Think about it seriously guys...  it really does make sense.

Chas

Jack735 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jack735 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2007 at 09:20

Well said Chas.  I agree.  My £35 Scottish pound notes are available!!!

I think as Scotland has become devolved its only right this is reflected in the way you suggest.

BMW UK may not agree though.

kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2007 at 09:24

Broadly it was a chance for club members at Regional and Register Chair level to go along
From what I believe there was no invite given to the Irish Region committee.
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2007 at 09:28
Originally posted by kbannon kbannon wrote:

Broadly it was a chance for club members at Regional and
Register Chair level to go along
From what I believe there was
no invite given to the Irish Region committee.

That would be a shame. I'll chat to the Office and see what the story is...
m3Cecotto View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Forum Sponsor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3Cecotto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2007 at 10:31

Join and find out

That's the very attitude that makes the BMWCC what it is - sh*te.
1981 E23 735i
1989 E30 325i Motorsport Cabrio
1989 E24 635CSi Motorsport Edition

Bavarian Retro Cars
m3Cecotto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3Cecotto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2007 at 10:35
Originally posted by Coasting Coasting wrote:

Whose is the M6?

It's a secret, but at a guess, I'd say Ross Harris or possibly Chairman Jeff?
1981 E23 735i
1989 E30 325i Motorsport Cabrio
1989 E24 635CSi Motorsport Edition

Bavarian Retro Cars
Chas C View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Nothing new under the sun

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chas C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-April-2007 at 11:09
Originally posted by m3Cecotto m3Cecotto wrote:

That's the very attitude that makes the BMWCC what it is - sh*te.

I've started a new thread for this topic so please register your thoughts on that one.

http://www.bavarian-board.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=36843&am p;PN=1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic