Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW ///M Power
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNo 262 EVO II

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No 262 EVO II
    Posted: 18-January-2007 at 20:21

Okay have been offered a couple of cars. This one sounds interesting Car 262 Red, Uk car, full service history. It was recently sold on Pistonheads I think. So who Knows its. Over to the oracle and more mortal forum members.

Any info please Approve

Edited by Brent
Sponsored Links

Brent View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-January-2007 at 20:44

Reg no is F338 UTW if that helps

SHEPSM3 View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
UK Sport Evolution.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHEPSM3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-January-2007 at 22:38
That reg number sounds familiar.
[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/ShepsM3/New-1a1.jpg">[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/ShepsM3/New-1b1.jpg">
SHEPSM3 View Drop Down
UK Sport Evolution.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHEPSM3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-January-2007 at 22:40

No, sorry, was thinking of this one - but its 247.

Spotted_Evo2

Got any pics Brent?

[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/ShepsM3/New-1a1.jpg">[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/ShepsM3/New-1b1.jpg">
Brent View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-January-2007 at 11:43

Not yet will mail as and when they come.

JudgeBaxter View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeBaxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-January-2007 at 02:02

Evo2 No. 247 is currently being loved......and isn't up for sale....

Although......

I would be interested to know what a MINT (and I do mean MINT) original UK reg'd Evo2 with 58K miles would go for......with 3 (thats THREE) sets of 16" OE wheels, plus various other spares

.......purely for insurance purposes obviously.

cheers,

dave.
BMW E34 M5 (3.8)
BMW E30 M3 EvoII
Lancia Integrale EvoII "Perlato" Ltd Ed.
Mk.2 Golf GTI 16V
Mk.1 Scirocco GTI
Brent View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-January-2007 at 14:03
sounds like a NICE car 
M3Nally View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Nally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-January-2007 at 19:16
I would not pay any more for a UK car. Unless it has been kept in a heated garage it would be likely to have rust on it.

Much prefer a dry climate import, like mine maybe!.
E30 M3 Macao blue metallic Evolution 2
E39 530d Sport Auto, Aegean blue Edition, Sat Nav, TV, comms pack etc.
E39 540i Auto, Sat Nav, TV, leather, luxo barge
Brent View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-January-2007 at 11:55

E30 M3 Evo II (88)

106,000 miles £9,995
E30 M3 Evo II E30 M3 Evo II E30 M3 Evo II
262 of 500, original UK car, Misano red, half leather, full service history, 3 previous owners, Thatcham alarm, stainless exhaust system, many new parts, immaculate condition, reluctant sale, 6 mths tax and MOT

Mailed pistonheads to ask if they could find the add and as you can see they did.
Any idea who the owner was !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SHEPSM3 View Drop Down
UK Sport Evolution.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHEPSM3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-January-2007 at 22:44
I heard that car is pretty rough, although I can't remember for the life of me who told me that. The car has been talked about somewhere on the M-Power forum, so best to do a search and look I guess.
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeBaxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-January-2007 at 13:57

I spotted that car as well.

It was for sale for a long time - originally started at £11K back in March 06....I think the last time I saw it on Pistonheads it was down to £8.5Kish or something like that. I don't recall the conversation regarding it, and whether it was a good or rough car, but draw your own conclusions from a £2.5K price drop and having it stil for sale 8/9 months later.....even over Summer?..........

If you are desperate to get in touch with the guy who was selling it - I have a print-out of the original advert with a name and mobile no. on it (sad I know - but god forbid the worst ever happens, it's handy to keep these things in preparation for insurance company "nonsense" valuations etc.) - Send me a PM if you want the details.

Dave.
BMW E34 M5 (3.8)
BMW E30 M3 EvoII
Mk.2 Golf GTI 16V
Mk.1 Scirocco GTI
Bravo73 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-March-2007 at 09:20

Brent,

Are you still looking for an EvoII?

There is what looks like a nice one on Pistonheads at the moment:

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/142838.htm

However, I have no connection to the seller etc etc
B73
'88 M3 EvoII
'03 M3 CSL
UweM3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UweM3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-March-2007 at 11:09
Originally posted by JudgeBaxter JudgeBaxter wrote:

Evo2 No. 247 is currently being loved......and isn't up for sale....

Although......

I would be interested to know what a MINT (and I do mean MINT) original UK reg'd Evo2 with 58K miles would go for......with 3 (thats THREE) sets of 16" OE wheels, plus various other spares

.......purely for insurance purposes obviously.

cheers,

dave.

I can't see why 3 (yes THREE) sets of wheels are such a benefit and increase the value of the car???
You can't expect that someone else is paying extra money for wheels because you could't make your mind up which ones to have.
For me it would be negative if I was interessted in the car but have to buy extra wheels I don't need/want.

I don't think you really want to sell it anyway but if, I would stick the wheels on OTHER people would like to see on the car (and are beneficial for the cars value)and sell the remaining sets. It's like selling houses,
if you think a bright red bath room is great, 99.99% of potential buyers might not.

Unless somebody is interested in the car sharing your wheel obsession

But I recall whe had this discussion already a while back...

Edited by UweM3
E61 520d, slow and buzzy but my wallet likes the mpg.....
Brent View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-March-2007 at 11:32

Thanks Bravo73 have arranged to look at it over the weekend.

Ta Brent

Brent View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-March-2007 at 19:37

Hi Did this car belong to JudgeBaxter ???? any one Know.

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/142838.htm

looking at old threads it may have.

Bravo73 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18-March-2007 at 09:25

My only thought (after looking at the ad) is that the seller hasn't shown a photo of the front of the car. I wonder if there's a reason why...?
B73
'88 M3 EvoII
'03 M3 CSL
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeBaxter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2007 at 10:58

Whoa there Uwe.....not sure why your having a dig two months after I posted......and as far as I'm aware I've made no mention of looking to sell (???), apart from what was clearly a tongue-in-cheek comment about potential value back in January....

I'm sure you are only messing with me though aren't you?

For those that care, I've got a mint set of standard silver 16" rims, a mint set of Cecotto style 16" (I personally think the black centred wheels with a diamond cut lip look amazing on a red car....and yes, it please's me to swap them around as the mood takes me....about once or twice a year on average...) and I've got another set of very good (but not mint) ones that are basically my winter wheels.....

Are you honestly telling me that having 3 sets of OE alloys......would make it less desirable and/or devalue it? I was under the impression that decent OE 16" wheels were quite hard to come by and worth a few quid second hand?

If that's not the case...best I shift em out of me garage.....free wheels to anyone who comes and collects!!! .......

You are quite correct though - if I ever sold her, the buyer could take the lot, or pick his/her favourite set and I'd discount accordingly.

Anyway, we digress - Brent - I've PM'ed you my number, No.208 is my old car - I'll happily impart what I know about her. She needs a good home that's for sure.

Anyone else interested in the car, again, drop me a PM with your contact no. and I'll fill you in as best I can.

cheers,

dave.
BMW E34 M5 (3.8)
BMW E30 M3 EvoII
Mk.2 Golf GTI 16V
Mk.1 Scirocco GTI
Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2007 at 14:06

...best I shift em out of me garage.....free wheels to anyone who comes and collects!!! .......

Where do you live Dave?   

Sport Evolution Schwarz #043
UweM3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UweM3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2007 at 15:52

Whoa there Uwe.....not sure why your having a dig two months after I posted......and as far as I'm aware I've made no mention of looking to sell (???), apart from what was clearly a tongue-in-cheek comment about potential value back in January....

sorry didn't see the date

I'm sure you are only messing with me though aren't you?

of course!

are you honestly telling me that having 3 sets of OE alloys......would make it less desirable and/or devalue it? I was under the impression that decent OE 16" wheels were quite hard to come by and worth a few quid second hand?

You didn't make it clear what rims you have and I excpeted the worst and some 18's and spinners

You are quite correct though - if I ever sold her, the buyer could take the lot, or pick his/her favourite set and I'd discount accordingly.

sounds more like it. I still have the opinion that you won't increase the value because it comes with 3 sets of rims.

E61 520d, slow and buzzy but my wallet likes the mpg.....
Nick View Drop Down
BMWCC Area Organiser Yorks & Humber

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-March-2007 at 17:03
Theres nowt wrong with chucking in an extra set of wheels to clinch a deal.. esp when they are hard to come by.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic