Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW ///M Power
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAnyone know this Car?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
m3ben2004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3ben2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone know this Car?
    Posted: 22-January-2007 at 16:54

Im getting less sure now.....

I seem to remember the owner telling me it was KM but i could well be wrong, that was a few months ago now!

Il see if i can get hold of him to clarify this

Sponsored Links

Bravo73 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-January-2007 at 16:10
Originally posted by m3ben2004 m3ben2004 wrote:

Its 150 km, not miles

Are you sure, Ben?

The owner has specifically put "Only Used Summer Weekends..150k miles,engine reconditioned by munich legends etc etc" in the new Pistonheads ad...

B73
'88 M3 EvoII
'03 M3 CSL
Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-January-2007 at 15:56
Originally posted by m3ben2004 m3ben2004 wrote:

Its 150 km, not miles

m3ben2004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3ben2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-January-2007 at 15:21
Very good question and one i cant answer im afraid but i can get in touch with the owner
Lancastrian View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lancastrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-January-2007 at 15:16
If it is a UK car is there a reason why the mileage is in kilometres?
E30 M3 Project - Specification TBC
m3ben2004 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3ben2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-January-2007 at 15:04

I know this car ( thats my comment thats been reposted from e30zone)

Its 150 km, not miles

As i said on e30zone, from what iv seen of the car it looks very tidy with absolutely no rust.  The engine also sounds sweet, and i know the guy who did the rebuild, so i doubt there would be any problem there

Hope this is some help

SHEPSM3 View Drop Down
UK Sport Evolution.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHEPSM3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-January-2007 at 22:17

I didnt know the mileage before, but 150k miles? The money asked still isn't right IMHO. But it could be a top car even with those miles....after all ML has rebuilt the engine  What about the drivetrain?

[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/ShepsM3/New-1a1.jpg">[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/ShepsM3/New-1b1.jpg">
Bravo73 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-January-2007 at 20:19
Originally posted by Lancastrian Lancastrian wrote:

Now the price is getting to be more sensible.

I wonder if the seller has been reading this thread...! 
B73
'88 M3 EvoII
'03 M3 CSL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lancastrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-January-2007 at 18:05

Now the price is getting to be more sensible.

Newly posted ad

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lancastrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-January-2007 at 17:30

The ad says UK car so I would expect it to be MPH speedo and therefore distance covered in miles not Km.

£11K does sound expensive. However, if the spec is what you want, better to get an £11k "bargain" with all the work done than buy a £6k car and spend £12K having the work done. That is if you can trust that the work has been done properly and the car is in good basic condition.

Still having said that I would not pay anything like £11K for it.

edit: looking again at the Pistonheads ad it does not mention the recon engine so very little of true "value ad" in what he has done. Sounds more like £8K to me.

Edited by Lancastrian
Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-January-2007 at 16:35

When selling a car you can always come down in price............try going up.

However does seem strong if it's done 150000 miles IMO, but I'm not buying.

Edited by Sporty1
Bravo73 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-January-2007 at 16:28

£11k for 95k or 150k miles? Ouch.

I'm by no means an expert but that seems very high. I would've thought £8-9k would be more realistic. (And that's still on the high side for a standard car with a few stick-on SE bits).

And it doesn't matter that he's spent £15k. Anybody who's modded a car should know that you financially never get back what you put into it.

And to be honest, I'd be wary about the very fact that he seems to be keeping the mileage hidden. I'd even wager that he knows that he's asking too much...

But that's all IMHO, of course!
B73
'88 M3 EvoII
'03 M3 CSL
lewea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-January-2007 at 13:44

Allan,

Thanks for the update.  Do you know the mileage?  The owner has not got back in touch with me.

Could you also PM me with details of the guys that look after your dad's car for a (hopefully) unbiased opinion.  Name and contact number would be great.

**EDIT - Looking through e30zone, the car appears to have 150,000 (unsure whether they are KMS or miles)

Also, after the owner refurbed the rocker cover the car developed a starting/cut out issue.

Bodywork, it has a couple of minor "dings" 1) minor dent on front wing left drivers side. 2) Dent in the rear piller between the roof and the boot

Edited by lewea
Brent View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-January-2007 at 13:23
No
Allan320 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Obsessive Detailer!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allan320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-January-2007 at 12:55

12,000 pounds
15000 pounds worth of reciepts
Engine Rebuild Reconditioned By MUNICH LEGENDS
IMMACULATE CONDITION
ENGINE POWDER COATED M STRIPED
ALPINE SUBWOOFER
JUST HAD INSPECTION 2
ALSO ALL ROUND FRONT REAR EBC DISCS AND GREEN STUFF PADS
HAVE NOT EVEN BEEN WORN IN YET..
IN FOR WINTER STORAGE
EVO 2 FRONT REAR ADJUSTABLE SPOILERS
DEEP DISH BBS POLISHED RIMS
F/S/H
TOO MUCH TO LIST

Comment: Iv seen this car and looked over it a fair bit. Totally immaculate and well known by the guys that look after my car and my dads DTM car. Anyone who buys it will definately not be disapointed.

Definately not evo sport spec tho, its a totally standard 2.3 apart from the spoilers

Worth 12k...... not sure about that but still a great car!

How come your selso soon yas?

Allan320 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Obsessive Detailer!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allan320 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-January-2007 at 12:44
I dont know the car.  But i know the owner is a member of www.e30zone.co.uk.
Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-January-2007 at 10:16

Originally posted by Bravo73 Bravo73 wrote:

Or I am just being blind & stupid and have missed where it's mentioned...)

That would then make two of us.

Bravo73 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bravo73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-January-2007 at 10:10

Mark,

Have you found out what the mileage is yet?

For that price, I'd expect it to be at least sub 50k, if not lower...

(Or I am just being blind & stupid and have missed where it's mentioned...)

Edited by Bravo73
B73
'88 M3 EvoII
'03 M3 CSL
lewea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lewea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-January-2007 at 09:14

Sheps,

It does "look" a minter, but I need to have a mechanical inspection, expecially if buying from such a distance away.

To date, the guy hasn't returned my email, so I going to try and contact him by phone this weekend and then send down a mate to have a butchers.

Thanks for all the input guys,

Mark

SHEPSM3 View Drop Down
UK Sport Evolution.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHEPSM3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-January-2007 at 19:12

I dont know the car either, but has been for sale for a few months I think? Was £11.5K.  It all looks original paintwise - all one colour. But the anckle slicer as well as the Evo2 front spoiler and the Replica SE flap spoiler bolted to the standard rear spoiler isnt in my taste. Other than that, the pictures suggest its a minter!

[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/ShepsM3/New-1a1.jpg">[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/ShepsM3/New-1b1.jpg">
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic