Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRolling road at a future meet?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
PaulS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
East Anglia BMWCC Regional Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-January-2007 at 09:45
Originally posted by gary gary wrote:

Originally posted by e34silver530i e34silver530i wrote:

I wouldn't mind seeing that either, would consider putting my old girl on the rollers to see what she's kicking out now. And is an excuse to have a long w/e away and get some scottish scenery seenc as well

Paul

Bugger all to do with this subject, but mate, I've been meaning to congrats your on your wee "Angus".

I am a massive AC/DC fan. Don't know if you've ever heard of a tribute band AB/CD, all Bon Scott numbers. I went to see them 27/12/06 in Glasgow. Bloody tanfastic.

I saw AC/DC in Glsagow, Aberdeen and Newcastle consecutively in 1996 and the very next day was sworn in to the police. I swear to God I could not hear a thing, more than likely I swore an allegiance to Satan .

All in all I have seen them 6 times. Bloody love them and have all their albums. As well as books and DVD's.

Same here - and so are both my sons. They regularly pinch my stiff upper lip live DVD and it gets played very loudly! I was unfortunate not to get to see them live and wish they would play live again - I would be buying tickets wherever they were playing (UK)

Paul

95 E34 530i V8 Auto Maldives Blue
Sponsored Links

nero View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Just call me Tripod

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-January-2007 at 21:44
As a region, we did Dastek in Sept 2004 - see here for pics

GWatson View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GWatson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-January-2007 at 21:29
Heard good things about Dastek. Good central location too, I wouldn't travel to Glasgow for a RR from Aberdeen, but Fife is fine. :) 

G
BMW E36 M3 Evo Track Car
Ford Mondeo ST TDCI Estate for everything else
nickso View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-January-2007 at 20:00
Originally posted by gary gary wrote:

I wouldn't mind seeing that either, would consider putting my old girl on the rollers to see what she's kicking out now. And is an excuse to have a long w/e away and get some scottish scenery seenc as well

Paul

Bugger all to do with this subject, but mate, I've been meaning to congrats your on your wee "Angus".

I am a massive AC/DC fan. Don't know if you've ever heard of a tribute band AB/CD, all Bon Scott numbers. I went to see them 27/12/06 in Glasgow. Bloody tanfastic.

I saw AC/DC in Glsagow, Aberdeen and Newcastle consecutively in 1996 and the very next day was sworn in to the police. I swear to God I could not hear a thing, more than likely I swore an allegiance to Satan .

All in all I have seen them 6 times. Bloody love them and have all their albums. As well as books and DVD's.

im also a massive ac/dc fan (bon scott stuff only im afraid). im most disapointed they havent been to aberdeen recently, cant be bothered to go to glasgow much anymore.

i was deaf for a few days after motorhead in glasgow

Rossi View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-January-2007 at 19:57

These guys look ok.. Dalgety Bay, Fife.

RR Link

[rip from page]

Want to see how much your car is putting out? You’ll not find a more accurate chassis dynamometer in the UK. Power runs include print-outs of your full power and torque curves.

Our fully equipped dyno cell is the perfect place to diagnose any difficult-to-pin-down running problems, and also for mapping engine management systems. The vast majority of popular (and obscure!) engine management systems are catered for..

[/rip from page]

does this include E46 M3 & CSL? hmm..

gary View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-January-2007 at 19:51

Paul

sailorbaz View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
(Former) Scottish Region Wean

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sailorbaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22-January-2007 at 19:04
If we can get an RR to deal with a CSL then I am up for it!

My Car

2004 M3 CSL and 2009 E90 M3
PaulS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
East Anglia BMWCC Regional Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-January-2007 at 21:31

Paul

95 E34 530i V8 Auto Maldives Blue
Rossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-January-2007 at 21:26
Now I don't care about me car, just wanna see the supercharged Z4 on the rollers..
GWatson View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GWatson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20-January-2007 at 21:24
Maybe interested in getting my car on the rolling road to see what it can do with the supercharger fitted :)
BMW E36 M3 Evo Track Car
Ford Mondeo ST TDCI Estate for everything else
Bigian View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-January-2007 at 14:39
i would not mind finding out what the old girl is still pumping out if its bad shes gone for a younger model
If you can't be good don't get caught
--------------------------
Rossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-January-2007 at 18:39

Ok dunc thanks.

[Edit] may be an idea to try to get one which can handle the E46 M3/CSL issues i.e. 2 rollers in sync..?![Edit]

Please C&P list and add your name if interested:

1. Rossi

Edited by Rossi
Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-January-2007 at 18:36
If there's enough interest then we could certainly look into sorting one.

I think there may be an issue in that most folk (with a few notable exceptions) are not really tuning their cars so having been on the RR once then there's no point going again unless significant mods have been undertaken... I think we'd need 15 names or so in order to even look into this. If we got that many interested then it's the standard drill :

1) Co-ordinate with shorty on timing
2) Stump up i.r.o. £40 a head so that we can book an RR (if the price goes down due to higher attendance then this would be refunded on the day)
Rossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-January-2007 at 18:29

With all the unfortunate scratched/ scored leather seating at the last outing , is there (or will there be) a rolling road meet planned for 2007?

I'd sure be up for this...(oops sorry forgot to mention this for the AGM)

Edited by Rossi
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic