Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Irish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockednew shoes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new shoes
    Posted: 06-January-2007 at 12:37

got some pic's with the csl's fitted, they suit the car much better.

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dylan_traynor/album?.dir=b9 d1re2&.src=ph

Sponsored Links

Robbie Bradford View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbie Bradford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-January-2007 at 12:39
They look sweet dude
PaulS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
East Anglia BMWCC Regional Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-January-2007 at 12:40

Well smart Dylbert, are they 18's as one of the guys on the scottish forum has a compact as well and has got 17's on his but wants bigger so seeing what you've put on may well help him out

Paul

95 E34 530i V8 Auto Maldives Blue
dylbert View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-January-2007 at 12:43
Yeah, 18's and it's been lowered so he should have no problems.
Eamo View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eamo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-January-2007 at 12:44
nice one dylan! they do a lot for the car
318ti-sport View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 318ti-sport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-January-2007 at 13:25

stunning wheels and great and stunning example of a compact

what width are the front wheels i have just put the 320 sport alloys onto my compact and there is (.....) this much room from the tyre and the base plate "as in the plate the springs sit onto" on the front standerd struts

i have seen compacts going about with the mv2s and they are 225/45/18 on the front and i know if i was to try and put them onto my compact they just wont fit as there isnt anywhere near a inch room so i dont know if the front struts are the right ones or not

Bob....

mick o c View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mick o c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-January-2007 at 15:28
them wheels look the business on the car mate
mick
2001 530d steptronic
Bisto View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bisto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-January-2007 at 15:58
Nice one,they are a lot classier
E36 323i M-tec
MIKE 318IS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MIKE 318IS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-January-2007 at 16:39
they look hot
KenM View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KenM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06-January-2007 at 18:51

They look sweet on.... I was toying with the idea of getting the 19inch csl reps in from the states but need to build up a fair bit of brownie points before I get away with it.

Ady530i View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ady530i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-January-2007 at 11:22

looks sweet mate.

ady   

93 (K) E34 530i V8, Granite silver, black leather, a/c, 18" M-Para's, clear indicators, s/s exhaust, angels, black grille
dylbert View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-January-2007 at 13:26
Originally posted by 318ti-sport 318ti-sport wrote:

what width are the front wheels

They are 225/40/18, I've been driving around over a week with them on and have had no problems, I had them fitted to a coupe and on fill lock they would rub against the wheel arch lining but the compact does not seem to have this problem.

PaulS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-January-2007 at 15:40

Dylbert,

I think he's after the offset of your fronts as his are rather close to his suspension struts

Paul

dylbert View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dylbert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07-January-2007 at 19:48
I think the offset is et35.
PaulS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-January-2007 at 09:45

Cheers Dylbert I have a feeling that bobs are probably nearer the et45-50 which will put his wheels too close to the suspension strut

Paul

geriv View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II
^^^ what’s going on???!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote geriv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-January-2007 at 09:56

They look gorgeous, you are right, they do suit the car much better

318ti-sport View Drop Down
Advanced Newbie
Advanced Newbie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 318ti-sport Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-January-2007 at 19:07

dylbert
e34silver530i
thanks alot for the help

i think the alloys i have are more +offset and i think i need more of a - offset

well the alloys i have just now will do but i will be looking for bigger in the near future

Bob....

Signatures may contain 1 or more images placed horizontally up to a max total size 25k.
alun View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08-January-2007 at 19:53
I'm not a compact fan, it is however, still a BMW :-) and those wheels really set it off... :-)     
PaulS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-January-2007 at 09:22

No probs mate!

Paul

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic