Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > The Big CoupĆ© Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedCoast to Coast

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coast to Coast
    Posted: 16-December-2002 at 18:51

Folks,

My previous car was an MkII MR2 and during the time I had this car the club organised loads of great events.  One of which was a Coast to Coast, this involves driving pretty quickly along some narrow and winding roads.  The last one I did involved following the official Coast to Coast route but by road instead of the usual method - walking !

We started off in St. Bees Bay and then drove to Robin Hoods Bay all in the course of a long weekend.  It was great fun and didn't really cost too much !

Just wondered if you guys have ever done anything similar and if not would you be interested in doing such an event.

The guy who organised the event I am describing has also organised some in Wales and Derbyshire and I am sure that it would be possible to get the details of him !

Let me know what you think and maybe it is something that we could think about - maybe get the M Power Section involved for a laugh !

Talk later,

Mark

Sponsored Links

Howard View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Did I say thaaaat?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-December-2002 at 22:37

Thats a good idea. I will be happy to promote the event both on the web site and in the club magazine, if someone will organise it.

Let me know either by posting a reply to this message or sending an email to coastrun@635csi.co.uk

1963 700 LS
1988 635 CSi
1990 M635 CSi no longer!
2001 E38 728i Individual

http://www.tyneships.co.uk
DarrenW View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-December-2002 at 23:00

I would love to take part in such an event.

Perhaps we should start one from Robin Hoods bay to St Bees way and  another in the opposite direction where we could meet in the middle. Alternatively set up two events, one in spring, the other in Autumn to cover both directions. This sounds like the start of a legendary road legal small scale 'gumball rally'.

Mark - its nice to see that former japanese owners see the light and settle on the finest of german marques. MR2's are great....but............(only kidding!)

My email is dmw@dwake.fsnet.co.uk. I don't check it as often as i should so please be patient.

Darren Wake.

M3AG View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
7 series & e36 m3 registrar! (Madness)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-December-2002 at 14:28
sounds a good run, I'd be up for it!
we're the Sweeney son, and we ain't had our dinner.....
pottsy View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31-December-2002 at 16:02
sounds canny - just done a run up swaledale, wensleydale and arkengarthdale - excellent -
Haway the Lads
http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/3ae1a1ee/bc/car+stuff/Vodaphone+M3+@+Silverstone.jpg?
330CiSport View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-January-2003 at 16:07

Folks,

Hope that you all had a great Xmas and all the best for the New Year !  In fact it looks like we could be in for quite an exciting one, based on the responses to my original 'Coast to Coast' post.

In terms of organising such an event, I would be quite happy to organise it, although I may require some help.  Those who are willing to offer some help, if you could send me your emails to mark@leylandonline.org.uk.  I hope to be able to gain copies of past routes for St. Bees to Robin Hoods Bay and any other Coast to Coast's that have been run.

I am also planning to try and give an estimate of cost and I will also give details of places to stay, although it is better if we can manage to stay in the same hotel / B&B's - this is all dependent on numbers though !

When I have any further information then I will post on to the forum but if folks who are interested send me there email addresses then I will send out as one big distribution.

Oh, one final thing, I was thinking of organising the event for either the months of May, June or July - any preferences ?

Hope to hear from some of you soon,

Cheers,

Mark

330CiSport View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-February-2003 at 12:45

Folks,

Based on availability of hotel accommodation and school holidays etc, I would suggest that the Coast to Coast should take place on the weekend of the 20th, 21st and 22nd June.

We would be staying in St. Bees on Friday 20th June and then the actual good bit (the driving !) would start on Saturday 21st June and finish in Robin Hoods Bay on Sunday 22nd June.

What I hope to do on the Friday night is to get us all together in the same hotel (£25 per person), such that we can have a meal together and a few drinks.  It's also a good way for us all to get to know each other before the real event starts.

The stop over point on the Saturday night will be in Richmond and I will provide a list of hotels - although I suggest that it is easier for you to book your own accommodation for this stopover.

Please can you now begin to let me know whether you are coming along, such that I am able to book the hotel for the Friday night and so I can begin to send out the hotel information for Richmond.

My email address is :- mark@leylandonline.org.uk

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from you all. 

Mark

P.S. The event was mentioned in the recent issue of the club magazine in the Coupe section and will hopefully be included in the newsletter.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic