FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedTop Gears Back........

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Peter Fenwick View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Fenwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-January-2007 at 11:46
Originally posted by Sporty1 Sporty1 wrote:

Hamster blamed for crash?!?!?!?!?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/29012007/140/doubts-raised-hamster- crash.html

I saw this too. He may well have been responsible for what happened. I like the guy and am very glad he is well but that doesn't mean driver error wasn't partly to blame.

Entering an age of Austerity and now driving a Focus Diesel.
Sponsored Links

Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-January-2007 at 10:14
540 V8 View Drop Down
Lick my badge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 540 V8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-January-2007 at 21:29

Woohoo, what a show!  Clarkson is not the most sympathetic of people but you can tell he was glad to have Hammond back and the whole show was done in good taste. Hammond himself is probably still having nightmares about it but the fact he can laugh only exists because he is back to normal and this can only be a good thing. I do feel like thy are going to draw a line under it now and they will move on, mainly at the request of Hammond which did seem although in jest, had some meaning to it and I think the other two took heed.

That aside, I thought the road building issue was rather funny and exposed a little of what can be done when you put your mind to it! though due to the extra cost, we all know this speedy approach will never happen otherwise we'll be paying £1.50 per litre for petrol and £400 a year on road tax!

The only thing I was puzzled at though was how can a Jaguar be better than a BMW, Aston and Mercedes???  apart from the fact it wasn't as good looking as Clarkson said, money no objct, I'd rather have an Aston Martin anyday over a cheaper built, mass produced Jaguar IMO.

Thought Jamie Oliver was quite funny too!

Anyway, glad TG is back and long may it live! my Sunday evenings are now giving me something else to think about rather than dwelling on the fact it's almost the end of the weekend!

HIP, HIP, HOORAY!

Mike

Current:E34 540i Touring 6 speed manual(Mpower bodykit & suspension)& Chrysler Voyager 3.3 V6 auto
Previous:E34 530iSE AC Schnitzer suspension.
E28 525e auto-Standard
Misty Morning View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Misty Morning Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-January-2007 at 21:13

I think even they couldn't make one giant gag as per usual, you could see Hammond was still effected by it naturally, so I think they approached it with humour and tact. Not very Top Gear I know but not the usual feature one of your presenters nearly getting totaled.

Apart from that glad to see it back on the box with a complete crew

Edited by Misty Morning
stephenperry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenperry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-January-2007 at 21:13

probably because it has been rehearsed, many times

2007 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI Titanium X Auto

1983 Ford Sierra XR4i
    2000 Alpina B10 3.3 #118
    1999 BMW 323Ci
    1995 BMW 318i SE
    1994 Vauxhall Omega 2.0 GLS
    1995 Ford Mondeo 1.8 LX
    1990 Honda Concerto 1.6 EX
    1986 Ford Orion 1.6 GL
    1989 Ford Fiesta 1.1 Firefly
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-January-2007 at 21:06
Was I the only one who thought that the script for the accident came across a little too rehearsed and intentional?
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
nero View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Just call me Tripod

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-January-2007 at 19:06

Rossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-January-2007 at 19:00
An hour to go...
Rossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-January-2007 at 09:41

lol K, she is a TAS...True Ambassador of Stupidity...

[back on topic]

kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-January-2007 at 09:33
Just looking at her wikipedia page, she apparently supports an anti-bullying charity! Ironically the racist cow is aparrently of mixed race!

found this also

Jade has admitted that she used to think horseradish came from horses. And she also did not know what asparagus was.

Spencer told Jade she's 'pretty thick' following a conversation about geography.

Drinking a glass of wine with Spencer to celebrate her 21st birthday, Jade said: "I thought Cambridge was in London. Where is it then? Is it in Kent? I knew it was in England but I thought it was in London."

When Spencer told her that Cambridge was in East Anglia, she said: "East Anglia - that's abroad!"

Adele told the housemates that she was missing her sister who was on holiday in Rio de Janeiro.

"Rio de Janeiro? In't that a person?" asked Jade.

"No, you mean Rio Ferdinand love," Adele explained.

Airline chiefs have now offered Jade free flights abroad to boost her appalling knowledge of geography.

Big Brother has told the housemates they would be provided with 'some form of stimulation' on 25th June.

PJ persuaded Jade to ask Big Brother for a game of Trivial Pursuit.

Jade said: "Woss Chiblial Pursuit? I don't know what you're talking about. Don't demand me, all right?"

Jade has also revealed the special relationship she has with her mum. She said: "I treat my mum as a mum and she treats me as a daughter."

Jade spoke to Kate about he romp with PJ: "Nothing happened but it could all be misconsumed."

Kate corrected her: "Don't you mean misconstrued?"

Complaining about her ever expanding girth, Jade said: "I was a skinny bird when I came in her but now my clothes are too thin for me."

Jade also said she thought peacocks had eyes in their feathers. She said: "You see those things, don't think I'm being daft, but them things that look like eyes, are they their real eyes?"

PJ and Alex realised she meant the 'eyes' in the birds' colourful feathers.

PJ said: "Jade, come on, I know you're a bit dizzy but..."

Alex was more blunt, saying: "How can a f***ing peacock have eyes in their f***ing feathers?"

Jade has also asked Jonny: "Do you play croquet on a horse?"

Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
Rossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-January-2007 at 09:17

Jade Goody's success on BB will no doubt be her downfall..full circle maybe...shame  

Sporty1 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sporty1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-January-2007 at 09:14

Originally posted by m3tiko m3tiko wrote:

It's television lads...corporate capitalism.

Just like endemol (Big Brother) decision not to drop the show...it all comes down to viewing figures;theirs have gone up by 1 million to 4.5.

At least, may be anyway, BB has throw something up that only people of colour really know exists, and that's the underlying  'stuff' as opposed to the in your face up front 'stuff', which these day is not often seen by most.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Fenwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-January-2007 at 09:12

Trust me I was cringing whilst having visions of Jade Goody's flashing antics....Is that not enough for one to have to suffer??

I would like to see Jade Goody and all the other famous for being famous/rich idiots run over by a steam roller!  

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Fenwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-January-2007 at 09:10
Originally posted by stephenperry stephenperry wrote:

to quote Lionel Hutz, Attorney of Law, "we can ching ching ching cash in on this tragedy!"

being a BBC magazine i suppose they have to recover their £2 million golden handcuffs deal through "exclusive" scoops, raising the rip-off bbc licence fee is always an option.....

It will have been up to Richard Hammond whether they show the footage so I don't think it is fair to say the BBC are cashing in.

Oh and for all those who don't like the license fee, well the BBC could always start showing comercials. For every one hour of sky TV you get over 20 minutes of adverts. Or the BBC could just shut down then you wouldn't have any top gear not to mention that British broad casting would consist of what ITV and C4 make. So we would jhave a load of reality shows, a few soaps and not much else. 99% of what is shown on Sky is either American TV or old BBC programs.

I don't like paying for a license as well as a subscription to sky but I see it as necesary if you want Britian to make any decent TV of our own.

m3tiko View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3tiko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-January-2007 at 07:45
Trust me I was cringing whilst having visions of Jade Goody's flashing antics....Is that not enough for one to have to suffer??

335d evolve 354bhp/742nm....M3 SEE YA!!

IamSpartacus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IamSpartacus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-January-2007 at 07:33

(Big Brother)
Top Gear

In the same sentence? Go wash your keyboard out!

The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.
m3tiko View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3tiko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-January-2007 at 01:07
It's television lads...corporate capitalism.

Just like endemol (Big Brother) decision not to drop the show...it all comes down to viewing figures;theirs have gone up by 1 million to 4.5.

Top Gears decision is similar, I feel they know that non-motoring interested viewers will watch out of curiousity and this may lead them to keeping those same people to stay tuned further on...Can only be a good thing IMO.

335d evolve 354bhp/742nm....M3 SEE YA!!

Rossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-January-2007 at 00:22

Originally posted by Derek M5 Derek M5 wrote:

This sensationalist mentality is wrong and is only leading to the dumbing down of our moral code... wrong

Yup Derek I totally agree but, Richard Hammond would surely have conscented to the broadcasting of this..after all, he was at work and being filmed when this unfortunate incident occurred. This would only turn up through the internet media if it wasn't shown by the bbc.

I think the line will be drawn under this accident, once it's shown on top gear (after all, if the accident hadn't happened, it would be on their anyway)

..then they can move on to the rest of the series...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenperry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-January-2007 at 00:10
Originally posted by Rossi Rossi wrote:

BBC have to capitalize on this, as they never got the lisence fee increase they wanted

that may explain why i got an email from bbc magazines "3 issues for £1 trial offer"

they must be really struggling what with the "unexpected" digital switchover, funny how itv, c4 and c5 can manage - what's that you say?  they have adverts?  no, the bbc don't have adverts, well, no-one elses, they just spend 10 mins in between programmes plugging their own crap to a captive audience (captive in more ways than one - pay up or lock up), poor devils :violin smiley:

Edited by stephenperry

1983 Ford Sierra XR4i
    2000 Alpina B10 3.3 #118
    1999 BMW 323Ci
    1995 BMW 318i SE
    1995 Ford Mondeo 1.8 LX
    1986 Ford Orion 1.6 GL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenperry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19-January-2007 at 00:03
roll on the 28th when the new series starts!

1983 Ford Sierra XR4i
    2000 Alpina B10 3.3 #118
    1999 BMW 323Ci
    1995 BMW 318i SE
    1995 Ford Mondeo 1.8 LX
    1986 Ford Orion 1.6 GL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic