Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Irish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked******* thieving ********

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingalexf68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ******* thieving ********
    Posted: 12-December-2006 at 23:38
Some theiving ******* just broke into my car and stole my briefcase. They
smashed the rear side window. Glass all over the place. They smashed
into our chalet (50 yards from the house) and rooted around. Glass all
over the place there too. They were in Pamelas dads truck searching for
cash as well. They took a couple of coins. They also tried to get in the
back door of the house which luckily was locked. Four of us in the sitting
room while this was going on. About 8:30pm this evening. We called the
Gardai who actually arived within 5 minutes. Not much they can do but
they just took details and had a look around. They didn't see anything
suspicious and hadn't had any other calls.
I cleaned as much of the glass as I could from the car and drove it around
to llatsni's barn where it will stay out of the elements tonight.
I got a call a few minutes ago from a neighbour half a mile down the road
who phoned me to say they had found my briefcase on the road outside
their house. My phonebill was in the case. There was nothing of value but
I'm glad to get it back. Plenty of important things to me in there.
Still feel kind of sick. Have to improve security around the house
tommorow. ********.

Edited by Nigel
1995 e36 3.0 M3 Coupe, Daytona Violet, AP Racing BBK, CCFL Angel Eyes, M3 Spoiler, M-Tec 3 Steering Wheel.   
2000 530d Steptronic, Poverty Spec, 18" Alloys.
Sponsored Links

thepits View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thepits Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-December-2006 at 23:58

Terrible, terrible thing to happen.

Never, EVER leave Anything in your car!

Hope it all works out

Cats know your every thought.

But don't care.
m3tiko View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3tiko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-December-2006 at 00:21
Sorry to hear that man.

Yup beef up the security to stop the wee ******** trying it again.

Tiko

Edited by Nigel

335d evolve 354bhp/742nm....M3 SEE YA!!

tony.c. View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony.c. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-December-2006 at 00:30

the scum that does that deserve a few elbows to the face,ufc style..

could have been worse,at least now you know to improve on security,did alarm on car go off?  a nice japanese akita or rottweiler will put off most scum......

Zion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Zion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-December-2006 at 01:00
Sorry to hear that. I know the exact feeling you have right now as you probably knew from the other thread that I had.
BM Fan View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BM Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-December-2006 at 08:05
Sorry to hear that.

Rotweiller and keep him hungry.  Maybe if Nally gets acquited today that will sed out a message to scumbags all around the place. 

Edited by BM Fan
Martin
In BMW exile at the moment (Shame on me for lurking!!!)
Previous Models
2001 E39 520i Auto
1996 E36 M3 Evo Individual
1996 E36 328i Coupe
1997 E36 318i Conv
1992 E36 316i Sln

Curley View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-December-2006 at 08:15

Sorry to hear it happen... it's so sickening.. 

BTW, little brother caught a coupe of scum bags trying to take the centre caps of his E30 and he battered the **** of them, Knowing the man I'd say he gave them a few digs for the likes of us who are less fortunate not to catch them in the act....

Curley

Edited by Nigel
'90 e34 520i, '83 e28 525i, '81 e28 520i, '79 e24 635i, '75 2002tii, '73 2002 touring, '71 2002, '70 2000tilux,
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-December-2006 at 08:47
Sorry to hear that Alex.
At least it worked out relatively inexpensive in the end.
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
Mick525i View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mick525i Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-December-2006 at 08:58

Alex,

Lights lights and more lights.

I know its a pain every time a cat of fox walks buy and the place lights up but the little scum dont like it.(theves not cats)

Sorry for your trouble.

Mick

PS. you will be finding glass in the car for ever

Cheers
Mick

BMW E21 318 1980
BMW E39 525i 2002 MTech
VW Golf Gti 2003
Daveco View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-December-2006 at 09:12
Sorry for your troubles Alex, I empathise completely, our family have had alloys nicked, tyres slashed, cars stolen, and scumbags searching our medicine cabinets for drugs, we know the guy, the police know who it is and yet he's still free to bring his dog for a walk through our estate...
Thinking of setting up a vigilante group, anyone care to join?! 
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-December-2006 at 09:21
Originally posted by Daveco Daveco wrote:

Thinking of setting up a vigilante group, anyone care to join?! 
There already is one. Its called the Garda Reserve!
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
Daveco View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daveco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-December-2006 at 09:45
We'd be much better than those bandits killian! Each member gets a bag of door knobs as a weapon, steel toe shoes and a bomber jacket-We'd be called the 'D.O.J.W.J.H.T.A.O.B.'s ''Defenders of Justice Who Just Happen To All Own BMW's...''
JohnH View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-December-2006 at 09:48

Sorry to hear that Alex - it might not cost much to fix but it's bloody annoying

Rossi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rossi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-December-2006 at 10:26

Sorry to hear this..

******* theiving scrotes

Edited by Nigel
flyingalexf68 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingalexf68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-December-2006 at 11:25

Got some quotes for fixing it. €150-€170. Not too bad I suppose. The fact that they would have come into the house if the back door was unlocked while we were all in the sitting room is a bit scary. I honestly do believe that these ******** should have their legs cut off. This would fix everything. No need to put them in prison which costs us €100000 per year and they wouldn't be able to do it again. And it would be a much better deterrent than prison.

I think the broken glass is the most annoying thing about it. I hoovered as much as I could last night but I'm sure there will be bits turning up for weeks. The previous owner had the rear screen smashed by a drunk and I can still hear bits of glass sliding around when I turn a corner. Deffo getting a load of sensor lights today. We could do with them anyway. I'll just shoot the cats or foxes if they set off the lights.

PS: I might consider this Garda Reserve thing. Do they supply truncheons and home addresses of known scumbags?

Edited by Nigel
1995 e36 3.0 M3 Coupe, Daytona Violet, AP Racing BBK, CCFL Angel Eyes, M3 Spoiler, M-Tec 3 Steering Wheel.   
kdevitt View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kdevitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-December-2006 at 11:28
Sorry to hear about that - the previous owners bad fortune seems to have been passed onto you!

Someone tried to break into my house to nick the keys for my 328ci a few years back - neighbour managed to disturb them. Uninsured driver crashed into me the following day, so I reckon I was destined for some bad luck! Not nice to think what would happen if you came face to face.
lukeduke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lukeduke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-December-2006 at 18:17
god man, sorry to hear that!!! there is nothing worse than someone at your property!! i know from experience how you feel!!!
Previous:
2001 M3
2004 M3 CS.
Current:
2007 318D SE SALOON.
mick o c View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mick o c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-December-2006 at 18:35

sorry to hear that, security lights are a must around the house these days but i think the best of all is a dog, i have two staffies in the garden and they go mad the minute someone comes near the gate

mick

Fey! View Drop Down
Funs over, Scotty; beam down my clothes!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fey! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-December-2006 at 10:37

Sorry to hear about the break in.

Plenty of motion sensor lights, as well as a properly fitted house alarm and car alarm system (make sure the fitters have this new license/certification for the house alarm).  Don't bother trying a self installed system.

Also, as someone else said, don't leave things in plain sight in the car.  That's asking for grief.

flyingalexf68 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingalexf68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-December-2006 at 13:57

Got the glass replaced tis morning by Autoglass in Tallaght for €150, which was €20 cheaper than anywhere else. But I noticed some damage to the side of the roof where they must have used a screwdriver to lever the window until it broke. Pretty pissed now. Why couldn't they just smash it with a rock?

Pics:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic