Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Irish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockeduk mod bmw

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richy17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: uk mod bmw
    Posted: 12-November-2006 at 18:50

i was thinking of buying this car from england http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/cars_search.asp?page=1& amp;searchform=&modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_fu ll&photo=1&state=none&sort=3&make=BMW&mi n_pr=500&source=0&model=3+SERIES&max_pr=2000& ;agerange=&mileage=5&miles=1500&postcode=sw19+3r q&ukcarsearch_full.x=26&ukcarsearch_full.y=5

its the white 1 wit 56000 miles..

quest 1..any idead on my insurance under my dad he has ten yrs ncb im on provisonal

quest 2.. any idead on vrt for this..

quest 3..is the low mileeage someting i should be worried about

quest 4..will it be hard to get insured on as ithas front bumper modified and is an import... thanks in advance!! richard

Sponsored Links

Fey! View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Funs over, Scotty; beam down my clothes!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fey! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-November-2006 at 02:56

Calculating it as June '94 (at a guess), and as an E e36 04DR 1596cc, VRT would be €448.  + 50% depending on the mood of the VRT office!!!

Insurance - how long is a piece of string?  Just remember that if you crash, then your father loses his NCB.

Mileage - try a HPi check (can you do this for Northern cars or just British?)

Bumper isn't a performance mod, so shouldn't be an issue (unless you go with Quinn Direct!!!)  Just ask the insurance company when you're getting a quote, or ring them about it but don't give your name.

Good luck with it, and welcome to the forum! 

Ben O Brien View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben O Brien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-November-2006 at 12:25

Richard, didnt see the car in question but i presume its the white one with 54k? Insuring a 316i shouldnt be difficult even on a provisional under your dads name, i did the same on my 525 under my mothers name at 17 and it was reasonable in comparison to what friends were paying in their own names on 1.2 puntos and the like, not that you can call insurance reasonable in this country anyway,

Vrt is pretty low on cars of that year anywho, i cleared my 92 525i sport yesterday for 386euro, so budget 500euro ish for a 93/94 e36 316i,

Only advice would be not to go for an auto 316 as to learn in you cant do your test in it and the performance will be a tad lethargic..

Look out for rust and a matching service history and you wont go too far wrong buying a car in the uk, but remember in a private sale you buy with your eyes so give a good look over it and if your not too confident on it bring someone who is itll be cheaper in the long run.

Oh and welcome BTW!!

99' 740iL   
99' 728i Sport
98' E39 M5 - Avus Blue, Dec Car!
96' M3 Saloon - Estoril Blue
94' M3 3.0 Convertible
91' E34 M5 - 3.6, Macau Blue

*E36 M3's Breaking*
richy17 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote richy17 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-November-2006 at 20:54

thanks guys im also thinking bout an other car but not sure..seems dogdy or something..only reason i think this is because the guy misspells alot of the words in his description!!!wat ye guys think..would there be some1 i could get over their to check it over before i would leave to buy 1...and price if its possible?this is link its like the sixth one down 105,000 miles..its a 316i but i taught all bmws with i on it made it a 1.8 or more.it says its 1.6 tho         &nb sp;         &nb sp;         &nb sp;         &nb sp;         &nb sp;         &nb sp;         &nb sp;         &nb sp;          http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/cars_search.asp?page=0& amp;searchform=&modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_fu ll&photo=1&state=none&sort=4&make=BMW&mi n_pr=500&source=0&model=3+SERIES&max_pr=&age range=&mileage=&miles=1500&trim=316&keywords =1.6&postcode=cf62+5qr

also looking at these 525s...can u get these in 1.6 as these are also nice looking...thanks  http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/cars_search.asp?page=0& amp;searchform=&modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_fu ll&photo=1&state=none&sort=3&make=BMW&mi n_pr=500&source=0&model=ANY&max_pr=2000&ager ange=&mileage=0&miles=1500&trim=525&keywords =&postcode=sw19+3rq&ukcarsearch_full.x=26&ukcars earch_full.y=8

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic