As from 1st January 2007

Only the direct debit remains the same.

Sponsored Links

kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-November-2006 at 20:59
All you BMW CC members have the opportunity to have your voice heard at the AGM!
What have the fees gone up to? Given that the club is making a very healthy profit, why were the annual fees raised?
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
Rossi View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-November-2006 at 20:20

Why is there no explanation for membership termination? other than the aforesaid general ruling. How can anyone defend theirselves from the unkown?

'The board wishes to draw a line under these matters and does not intend to continue discussion or correspondance arising therefrom.'

In otherwords, lets just sweep this under the carpet with 'NO' proper explanation...NOT very professional in my opinion, very dissapointing especially through an officially recognised Car Club.

Oh, I see the membership fees have risen too, must be inline with golf club greenfees..

Edited by Rossi
Nick View Drop Down
BMWCC Area Organiser Yorks & Humber

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-November-2006 at 19:33
Originally posted by Howard Howard wrote:

It states that DWY was someone who has helped organise events in the past. If DWY is a corporate being, any help that he gave in organising events in the North East was well before my time, and probably before Nick Wright’s also.

My time is from the present day back to '92.. I personally know everyone that has ever been involved with the NE Committee and the running of Harewood during those years.

I am positive in my mind that DWY does not exist and that it is no more than JH's opinions made to look like someone elses.
Jeff Spangle View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-November-2006 at 13:36
I went to an AGM in 2004, pathetic turnout really.

About 25-30 members and the committee, thats it.

Perhaps we should have paid interest in the AGM a long time ago? Mmm...
petecossie View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-November-2006 at 11:22

When is the AGM it would be interesting to go along on mass and do some voting.  Howard/Killian/Nigel how many used to go to AGM?

Killian as a matter of interest have you been keeping tabs on forum member numbers, % increases etc since the split?

Pete C

2000 Z3M Coupe, Cosmos Black
Previous E28 528i Alpina, E28 M5 & M635
Goldryder View Drop Down
Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-November-2006 at 08:00
Firstly. The only people who should apologise around here are 'the famous five'.

They have treated people in a way that can only be described as disgraceful (only way without swearing and thus bringing myself down to their gutter level).

Howard, Killian, Nigel, and everyone here who has had their loyalty thrown back in their faces, have worked hard to make this club what it was, worked hard to build up a membership on this forum that has the greatest amount of respect that I have ever seen. You have NOTHING to apologise for, you did nothing wrong whatsoever.....apart from one tiny little thing maybe...

You were rapidly becoming far too popular and that was sticking in the gullet of certain committe members. They were jealous of your popularity and decided that you had to go....didn't matter how you went, but you HAD TO GO.

It's a great shame that they spent so much time hatching little lies and innuendo's to get rid of you all...but remember one thing guys...all this will come back and bite them in the ar$e sooner or later. It might not happen in the timescale that you would like it to, but what goes around really does come around. And when the membership numbers start to fail for the club...and they will as the more publication gas bagging they do trying to look righteous in their decisions...people will turn their backs on them and walk away. That will bring about their ultimate downfall.

They have some rope...time to let them hang themselves by it.
October 2-6 2008 - Houston, Texas - Long Distance Wedding
March 15-April 1 2009 - Transatlantic Cruise
October 10-25 2009 - China, Korea, Taiwan & Japan Cruise
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-November-2006 at 23:59
Just found this...

The board does not wish to continue any discussion or correspondance arising? In other words, "Now that we just told you, you are not to ask us about it" - seems about right with that pair if you ask me!
1997 E39 523i
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-November-2006 at 23:52
Originally posted by Nigel Nigel wrote:

Who have you been objectionable to ?

Nigel - we haven't been told anything beyond that. We were invited to defend ourselves against allegations which we were not made aware of.
We were not allowed to bring solicitors or anyone else according to Dale - we had to stand in front of the committee alone!
1997 E39 523i
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-November-2006 at 23:49
Well where do I start?
Firstly, I have not done anything wrong so will not apologise to anyone for that.
However, I do apologise that this mess was allowed to gather the momentum that it has.

Like Howard, I too have something the club want - I have some cash from a track day earlier this year. I have never made a secret of this and have promised to give it to the club (less the considerable expenses that Im owed for items such as international and local calls, flights, hotels, website hosting, etc.). This financial 'issue' only surfaced after I was expelled.
My 'conditions' on its return were that I be provided with a copy of the minutes from the National Committee meeting I attended when the forum issue arose. Jeff Heywood said that I would get these but wouldn't commit to when I would get them. I also want a copy of a telephne recording he made of our conversation the day after the meeting.
Releasing these will make life difficult for both Dale and Heywood, which is why I presume I have not yet recieved them.

Since the split, the club has spent a considerable amount of money pursuing a vendetta mainly against myself. How much was spent on the letter sent to each member? How much was spent on solicitors letters demanding that I retract rumours I heard? How much is being spent on the current moves by the office?
However, not only were they not content with the harassment, it all had to include several deliberate lies and untrue allegations about me, the other moderators on here and the general forum membership.

I still believe that a lot of this had to do with Jeff being suspended from the forum after he broke the rules once too often. He swore then that he could close the forum with 'the flick of a switch'.

In my opinion, the actions of both Heywood and Dale have been acting contrary to the interests of the membership. It really should be they who were to stand trial recently!
Like Howard, Im quite tempted to take legal action against them.

Currently the only thing stopping me is the imminent arrival of another child. However, my day will come!
1997 E39 523i
Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-November-2006 at 23:42
Who have you been objectionable to ?
Best Wishes

Nigel

Howard View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Did I say thaaaat?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-November-2006 at 23:21
My wife says that I should lighten up. Just state that 'No, I have not run off with the club's silver as could be inferred from wot it says in the mag'.
She also says that I have to apologise to all ordinary club members to whom I have been objectionable. OK - better comply or she will cut off my oats. Consider it done all you out there.

But I will not apologise to the famous five

!!!!

To quote JeffH '"Club life should be all about fun and friendship - let's ensure we all work to that mantra"

They don't really hate you more than me K. Its the accent that does it for you!
LOL
H.
1963 700 LS
1988 635 CSi
1990 M635 CSi no longer!
2001 E38 728i Individual

http://www.tyneships.co.uk
Howard View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Did I say thaaaat?

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-November-2006 at 23:06
In the November 2006 BMW Car Club magazine, Mr Heywood continues the saga of ‘Disillusioned West Yorks.’ introducing yet another facet from this famous letter in his reply to Andy Scott.

It states that DWY was someone who has helped organise events in the past. If DWY is a corporate being, any help that he gave in organising events in the North East was well before my time, and probably before Nick Wright’s also.

Harewood is also mentioned. What is not mentioned is that Harewood (which is a registered charity) was offered £10,000 for the date on which our concourse had been traditionally held. Did Jeff expect the NE Region to pay this amount? The only alternative date offered was the day on which Jeff had organised his Tatton Park event. Two concourses on the same date in adjacent regions would have resulted in two non events, so later in the year, when Tatton was announced, I reluctantly cancelled our concourse – but not until Harewood had printed 50,000 leaflets containing the event. The venue has not been freely available since that time and we have been grateful to accept a stand on the Yorkshire Post’s father’s day show instead. Your chairman carefully omitted that fact from his editorial.

Mr Heywood (allegedly quoting DWY) also goes on to question where the region’s cups and trophies are. The inference could be that I have somehow disposed of them. One ex helper has already rung up anxious to tell me that he is not DWY, as he could not believe what he was reading. The club’s trophies are safe – at least the ones that I hold are. Ones that have not been returned to me personally should be at the club office, to which the winners from a couple of years ago were asked in writing to return them. Otherwise they are still with the winners.

The trophies will be handed over together with other club items in my possession to a duly authorised person when National Committee has the courtesy to inform me and Killian Bannon exactly what we are supposed to have done for our memberships to be terminated. The reasons given by the company secretary in this magazine are only the grounds quoted in the club’s articles of association, and are not specific.

As far as I am informed, during recent history, only four people have had their membership terminated. Each of these was for dishonesty of one type or another, and then only after a long and thorough investigation, in which each was asked to attend various meetings. (One is alleged to have run off with the club’s money). The director’s refusal to divulge the true reasons for the actions taken against myself and Killian, could make people assume that I have been dismissed for dishonesty, which is not the case (as far as I am aware). Not only that, but Andrew Dale acting for the directors, has sent an email to just about every BMW Club and association in the world, telling them that my membership has been terminated for reasons that he is not able to divulge. What conclusions are they to draw from this, one must ask.

Actions such as these by Heywood and Dale if repeated will attract court action, so perhaps it is wise for Alan Kirkaldy to draw a line under these matters. I reserve the right not to so do, and will continue to fight existing and future attacks on my good name by any officials of the BMW Car Club. Directors are individually responsible for the actions of a committee if they form part of it. They would be wise to consider this before making any more attacks on myself or Killian.

The directors at my ‘trial’ were J Heywood, A Dale, D Webster, R Harris and A Kirkaldy. R Baxter attended late and only participated in Killian’s.

What has not been pointed out to members is that the membership of my wife was terminated with no reference to the procedures outlined in the articles of association, a point that the NC would be wise to discuss with their solicitor.

Howard Walker
Thursday, 02 November 2006
1963 700 LS
1988 635 CSi
1990 M635 CSi no longer!
2001 E38 728i Individual

http://www.tyneships.co.uk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic