FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBuying an E30 M3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Andy S View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andy S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-November-2006 at 16:15

Hi Kevin

welcome to the forum.   Buying an M3 can be a very disappointing at times. I was in this boat last year and looked at many a car described as mint only to find it had been a dog tarted up for sale. As the cars are approaching 20 years old they are prone to rusting (have a look through the old threads Uwe's *need expert opinion*) this will show you what can happen.    Have a close look around the rear number plate lights for signs of rust, also around the front windscreen, bottom of the doors these are all known rust spots. Remove the spare wheel and the jack and inspect inside the boot as they do leak at times. A good or full service history is always a good sign. I would come and help you out but i live near Brighton   Spend a bit of time browsing the old threads as i mentioned earlier and you will get a good idea of what to look for and expect. I hope this is of use to you and good luck in your search

E30 M3's never die
Sponsored Links

kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-November-2006 at 15:51
Moved to the ///M forum for more responses.
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
kermitt View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kermitt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-November-2006 at 15:34

Hi there,

First of all I am appealing for help of the expert kind. I have found an M3 which I so desperately want however, to keep the missus happy and to justify the expenditure I would like to get an expert to cast an eye before I buy.

At the moment the car is advertised on an online auction as well as elsewhere and is located near Aberdeen. I have spoken with the seller and have arranged for a viewing this Friday at his home or on Saturday in Dundee prior to him going to the footy in the afternoon.

Unfortunately I cannot get one of these independant inspectors in time for them and am appealing for someone very kind and helpful to perhaps come along and give an experienced verdict. I am not ignorant on this front in the least and have done some research into these cars. I have had word from a work colleague that if it is as good as it looks then it definately is worthwhile purchasing.

Yours hopefully,

Kevin.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic