Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
M3AG View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
7 series & e36 m3 registrar! (Madness)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-December-2002 at 08:42
I used to be with Privelage, and they were really competitive for me until June 2001, where suddenly their premium went up a £100, when I rang, the lady said that they weren't competitive on BMW's at the moment? due to a number of claims the premium has to rise??, so did a brief foray with AS Flux, and now with Livingstones.
we're the Sweeney son, and we ain't had our dinner.....
Sponsored Links

kevin View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-December-2002 at 20:04

I have used Priviledge for my E34 M5 for almost 4 years now and they consistantly been the cheapest I could find. If anybody knows of a cheaper insurance company I'm always interested

jaseb View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-December-2002 at 14:09

Confused where where I got the quote for elephant- good site!

Tried ringing the CAB, got lost in the menus!

cadlon View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-December-2002 at 14:04

Might be worth trying www.confused.com

Theyll get though all of the donkey work by going around all of the bigger compaies (The AA, Direct Line, Tesco etc...)

Not nesacerilly the cheapset but itll rule a few out quickly 

M3AG View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
7 series & e36 m3 registrar! (Madness)

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-December-2002 at 13:43

AS Flux no longer have an affiliation to the club as such, they may do a scheme, but there have been so many complaints that the club appear to have disassociated themselves from them.

I would take advice on the situation first, go to the Citizens advice bureau to see how you stand.

Try some of the other insurance companies in the mag. I dropped ASF as well, cheaper cover maybe, but the service is crap!

we're the Sweeney son, and we ain't had our dinner.....
jaseb View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-December-2002 at 12:31

Marvellous it turns out that although they (Adrian Flux BTW) can knock off their fee of £80 odd I will have to basically pay 2 premiums next year to pay for the insurance cover I've recieved this year but they forgot (would that be negligence?!) to ask me to pay for unless I can stump up the £500 remaining in this financially tight period running up to Christmas.

I understand these people have an affiliation with the club too. Jut one final point, I won't be renewing with them for TWO reasons know, the other being that www.elephant.co.uk have quoted me £300 less for next years insurance with an excess of £600 less than Adrian Flux! And the car needn't be garaged. I hope this is of some use to other club members.

Rant over. Happy Christmas...

jaseb View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-December-2002 at 11:10

Morning everybody

Anybody any good at consumer type issues out there?

I bought my car insurance last december and got all the stuff through the post confirming that I'd paid £250 odd but there was no mention of direct debits or indeed thefact that I needed to give them any more cash.

Thought nothing of it and indeed forgot all about it untilI recieved a letter this december (2 weeks prior to the policy running out) requesting a £600 odd outstanding payment.

I am going to push them slightly but ulitimately will cough for it and certainly don't want to go to court!

What do you think, I think they have an obligation within 30 days of the start of the policy when "distance selling" to inform me of any additional payments required which they didn't do.

Any thoughts would be most gratefully recieved as ultimately they haven't provided the proffessional insurance service that I would expect from them (mentioning no names but they are an alleged reputable company).

cheers

Jason

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic