Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > BMW Related Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedBimmerfest UK

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3sportEvo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-October-2006 at 23:35

WHY???

what do you believe you would do that would make this event special??

whatever it is put it forward as we all are fully aware it MUST move on.

Sponsored Links

M3sportEvo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3sportEvo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-October-2006 at 23:43
M3sportEvo wrote:
the club is for the members and as in all cases IF strong reasoned points are put in a correct manner then they cannot be ignored and those at the helm must address and take notice.

you would think that, wouldn't you!

is this an agreement with my comment above?? I still believe that a strong members voice is vital to the success of any organisation even if it does rub some up the wrong way SO LONG AS IT IS CONSTRUCTIVE NOT DAMAGING.

ie how would two seperate clubs be better than one??

kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-October-2006 at 00:10
I presume you are quoting me Steve.
I agree with with your point. however, teh reality of the situation is that the current club management will not have anyone disagree with them. Ask yourself why Howard Walker, who has done wonders for the club, and myself have been expelled from the club but given no adequate reason as to why.
Why did a club member (and moderator on here) leave the club when he was bullied by the club chairman. The chairman sent this member a number of offensive emails because the member suspended his forum account for repeatedly breaking the rules. When I intervened the chairman told me that I should basically do as he says or he would 'shut down the forum with the flick of a switch'! Coincidentally it was around then the committee tried to take the forum from my direct control.
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
AndyS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
The Last of the Few

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-October-2006 at 15:18
Power struggles are always bloody - look at the Romans!

I'd like to see those emails made public on this forum - maybe then people could see "the true nature of the beast"

So far, I've never seen a full & clear version of what went on.

But back to the matter in hand - however you organise it Donington will always be a poor relation in the shadow of Gaydon unless you provide something different. No matter how much of a BMW fan you are, seeing the same cars in a shed just a few weeks after seeing them out in the sun is just a bit boring.

The rolling road never made it to Gaydon - why not Donington then?

Where were the BMW magazine people like BMW Car & PBMW? Not to mention the possible last shout of TBMW. It would have been nice to say thanks & good luck for the future.

Where were the Polished Bliss people etc? This seems to be a growing area of interest but all I saw was the Meguiars stand & a few bottles of Zymol on the John Drake stand. We could have had demos of the products, how-to guides etc.

Couldn't a local dealer have provided a display with the new 3-series coupe?

With a race track right on the doorstep surely we could have had a couple of "Ring Taxi" M5's or 335's available between races?

There's plenty that could have been done.

It wasn't just the wives/girlfriends/etc that were walking around with faces like a smacked arse - it was everyone who'd been to Gaydon for 6 & had just paid nearly double that for an indoor carboot sale!

AndyS
Live each day as if it's your last - one day it will be.

PaulS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
East Anglia BMWCC Regional Chairman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-October-2006 at 15:59

The new 3 series coupe was on display - it was in the region display as Mandy and Gareth (the EA region) managed to blag him a ticket in (and it was the 335i twin turbo!). He works for Carrs in Bury St Edmunds and will be joining the club

Paul

95 E34 530i V8 Auto Maldives Blue
M3sportEvo View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3sportEvo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27-October-2006 at 18:45

KB no offense intended and appreciate that you and several others seem to have strong personnal battles to which the majority of us members are un-aware of the full facts.

However this is about Donington and some really positive thourghts are now coming through (andyS above) and the club should now be able to discuss/ consider these to improve next years show.

The key seems to be to make it DIFFERENT from Gaydon rather than an indoor version. Possibly some ideas will come from classic show at NEC?? or those in other clubs?? BUT keep the ideas flowing.  

Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-October-2006 at 00:48

Originally posted by AndyS AndyS wrote:

I'd like to see those emails made public on this forum - maybe then people could see "the true nature of the beast"

So far, I've never seen a full & clear version of what went on.

The pleasure is all mine Andy, I did make these public at the time :

Nice one Nigel,
Banning the Chairman of the BMW Car Club from the BMW Car Club forum, and thinking you will get away with it! I like your optimism.
I have tried being polite with you in the past and I have given you probably too much of my precious time at meetings and events, on the phone etc but this takes the biscuit - you sad little man.
Now suffer the consequences of your pathetic actions.
Jeff Heywood
Chairman
BMW Car Club GB

Jeff

I've suspended you again, now for an extra month for sending an insulting e-mail to a forum member.

Nigel

So, you are even more stupid than you look!!!

Nigel, Now i am really hurt. Devastated (snigger). You have so much power and wield it with such force. What a guy.
Suspended from a forum that we, as a National Committee, decide whether it exists or not - nice. Great thinking. Even better choice to suspend a director, for what? Trying to gain some support for an event...
We all work hard to try and promote this club, but guys like yourself we can do without, trying petty ways to try and get back at me for having the temerity to correct you regarding cars for sale and your unofficial logo on the Central Region site - you are absolutely pathetic

These messages were sent to my family e-mail address, and read by my daughter, who alerted her mother.

Jeff had repeatedly broken the forum guidelines, in this case by posting the same subject in more than one forum, and despite being asked repeatedly to not do this, by several moderators, cut up badly when I suspended him from the forum

I'm guilty of the logo offence, on the then central region website (this was through ignorance, Scotland & Ireland can have slightly different logo's, as they are seperate countries England cannot, as it isn't a seperate country ?.....no I don't get it either, the offending logo was the car club logo with two flags beneath it, crossed, the St georges flag, and the Welsh Dragon.

The cars for sale section he refers to goes back to when Jeff first targeted Howard, club members were paying for web based adverts that didn't appear, they had sackd Howard, but were unable to update the for sale pages, so to help members, I created some on the central site.

Jeff didn't like this as firstly I knew they were taking money and not placing the adverts, and secondly I wasn't one of his cronies and hadn't asked his permission, I didn't actually need his permission at the time, so he changed the rules...which is when I stopped doing the central website.

I hope this makes things a little clearer for you.

Best Wishes

Nigel

Robmw View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robmw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-October-2006 at 10:04
Nigel,

Thanks for the insight.

What people must not forget is that by their actions (the chairman and his gang) endangered the club, attempted to destroy this forum and could have laid the club open to expensive legal bills. They acted irresponsibly at best.

Their judgment has proved to be flawed and I for one an growing very tired of the its not our fault syndrome.

At Gay don the food was the fault of Gay don. Donnington the size of a hall is the fault of Donnington. The independent stall holders not turning up is the independent stall holders fault. Isnt it about time the people who are negotiating on behalf of the club, showed some teeth and overcame these types of problems after all there are enough venues up and down the country.

I would like to know if the no shows paid up front for their stalls . For the future I would hope that there is an additional deposit charged that is only repaid when the stall holder turns up and displays or sells    

Money is being lost needlessly at the two biggest events of the year and the clubs lack of presence at other events is the costs.

It is individuals efforts and goodwill that are being criminally wasted by the committee

Regards

Rob
Robert Born
Howard View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Did I say thaaaat?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-November-2006 at 22:39
Originally posted by thepits thepits wrote:

Glad I didn't go - for the first time in many, many years!

Sounds like it was worse than last year - and that was pretty dire!

Perhaps 'We' should re-form the BMWDC and run it 'ourselves'?

Now that IS a great idea!

Edited by Howard
1963 700 LS
1988 635 CSi
1990 M635 CSi no longer!
2001 E38 728i Individual

http://www.tyneships.co.uk
Howard View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Did I say thaaaat?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Howard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-November-2006 at 22:48
[QUOTE=M3sportEvo]
the club is for the members and as in all cases IF strong reasoned points are put in a correct manner then they cannot be ignored and those at the helm must address and take notice.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>

Don't you believe it for one minute. They kicked me and Killian out without telling us why, or offering us any chance to redeem ourselves. I was the guy who asked awkward questions about telling porkies to the membership, and the accuracy of the accounts. If you do anything that does not agree with the ideas of the current main leaders of the club, you are threatened with court action. So if you want to remain in a club that acts like something out of the Spanish Inquisition then fine. Personally I am better off outside.

Edited by Howard
1963 700 LS
1988 635 CSi
1990 M635 CSi no longer!
2001 E38 728i Individual

http://www.tyneships.co.uk
Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-November-2006 at 23:01
Thing is - is it possible to re-form the BMWDC? It would have to get recognition wouldn't it?
V reg Rustbucket Merc C220 Cdi estate
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
'63 Ford Anglia 105e deluxe
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
Jeff Spangle View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Spangle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-November-2006 at 09:29
Does it need recognition from outside.

Surely the purpose of such a club is to get like minded people together and THEY will recognise it.

Why go looking for acceptance from others, if it is done properly which by all accounts the Drivers Club was, then that is enough.

Isn't it?
Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-November-2006 at 22:33
Recognition from BMW as an official club? I expect you'd have to have recogniton to use the BMW name (trademark), or is this not so?
V reg Rustbucket Merc C220 Cdi estate
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
'63 Ford Anglia 105e deluxe
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
Andyboy View Drop Down
Banned User
Banned User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-November-2006 at 15:21
The BMWDC does still exist - the CC just bought the
membership list.
Might be worth contacting Club Lotus (Mrs Arnold) to
see what the position is regarding using the name.
Whatever - something needs to be done.
Andyboy View Drop Down
Banned User
Banned User

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andyboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-November-2006 at 15:25
Originally posted by Nigel Nigel wrote:

Nice one Nigel,Banning the
Chairman of the BMW Car Club from the BMW Car
Club forum, and thinking you will get away with it! I
like your optimism. I have tried being polite with you
in the past and I have given you probably too much of
my precious time at meetings and events, on the
phone etcbut this takes the biscuit - you sad little
man. Now suffer the consequences of your pathetic
actions. Jeff Heywood
Chairman
BMW Car Club GB

What a nice man.

Howard - I assume you've taken this to BCE?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic