FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedNurburgring in Sept/Oct

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
grant w View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grant w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-October-2006 at 21:51
Yes thats me Martin , the backs ok now
went out there to get my Alpha N mapped by Dr John .

www.redevom3.co.uk
1989 e30 m3 2.5
1996 e36 m3 evo , sold
2002 e46 m3 smg .
1991 Daihatsu 2.8 TD Work Horse
Rust Never Sleeps . Tattooed Lady - Bearded Baby - there my family ..
Sponsored Links

texas2201 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texas2201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-October-2006 at 21:04

Is that Grant at the end of the table - how is your back?

Martin

Going out on the 21st - anyone else going?

Martin - www.iconicmotorcars.co.uk
E30 M3 now sold :-(/Lotus Elan SE Turbo/Lotus Excel SE/Lotus Excel SA/Audi A8 - now Tow Barge - Quattro 4.2
UweM3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UweM3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-October-2006 at 19:51
rock star? Who was that then?
And another funny story to add. I was telling Norm about a video I found on trackvisions website showing a mad Porsche with 180mph on the dial in no time. It was him!! A 911 GT2 twin turbo with 812bhp

Edited by UweM3
E61 520d, slow and buzzy but my wallet likes the mpg.....
Steve Gill View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Gill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-October-2006 at 17:45

Originally posted by rattusM3 rattusM3 wrote:

Managed to get some good video footage on the track especially following Steve who is now running a M3 CSL (lucky man), will sort this out eventually and try to post.

Good to see you and the gang again Kev, you were flying in your M3 - look forward to seeing the vid where you followed me around.

rattusM3 View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rattusM3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-October-2006 at 22:12

Well, it just keeps getting better with each visit to the ring.
Now with 5 in our group of E30 M3 mean machines.

Met up with the usual suspects and had fun on the ring in the dry and wet, and off it (by that I mean in the evenings). We found a pub with a Dutch barman who re-opened it on a Sunday night just for us - top bloke.

Managed to get some good video footage on the track especially following Steve who is now running a M3 CSL (lucky man), will sort this out eventually and try to post.

I think I may have Kevin in his Cecotto as well, showing his usual superb control in the wet, even on Toyo R888's

Not really one for pics as usually too busy just having fun but have taken some this time, so here we go:

Somewhere in Belgium, we had to pay first then fill up with petrol which was new. Must be the way we looked - Richard!!!!

At the Ring - From Left to Right: Keith's beautiful Evo2 M3, Richard's lovely fully specced white M3 (nice wheels), Mark's lovely (bargain) black M3, Roy's Super-Duper (with way too much magazine exposure) red M3, oh and my red thing in the corner.

Just having a bit of a rest - poor things.

Running Left and Clockwise: Steve and his lovely Wife, Mark, Roy, Kevin and Gill, Richard (yes I can see what you are doing), oh and Norm - more on Norm later. Keith was probably ordering more beers, just for himself.

Not sure what I have said about Mark's driving but Roy looks scared.

And all the gang together, along with Keith Powel the Rock Star, honest look it up on the internet, it's true.
My word, doesn't Uwe look handsome with those bunny ears.

Ah yes, Norm.
Really really really top bloke who amongst other things is a professional racing driver from the good old USA, and it showed.
I am sure his reputation grew somewhat during the couple of days due to the fact he ended up giving more passenger laps than the ring taxi

Kevin

Edited by rattusM3
E28 Alpina B9
E28 M535i (now a donor for B9)
E24 M6 (work has started to get back up to scratch)
E30 M3 (New Engine (almost), Cams, Brakes, ECU, Suspension, Alpha-N - Thanks Stannard Motors)
E39 530i Touring - Now Sold, sob, sob
E39 523i Touring
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic