Forum Lockedsave Topgear

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
SHEPSM3 View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
UK Sport Evolution.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHEPSM3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: save Topgear
    Posted: 30-September-2006 at 00:22

I agree with the above. What also gets me is surely, I know he has a young family, but he has shown to be a little "extreme". If people like this were not around then land speed records and the like wouldn't exist, or be broken.

Live and let live - with no regrets!

[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/ShepsM3/New-1a1.jpg">[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/ShepsM3/New-1b1.jpg">
Sponsored Links

darren s View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darren s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-September-2006 at 00:18

I don't think there is anything fishy about the crash or his recovery,true, Mr Hammond loves fast cars,but with a young family would he really orchestrate a crash at 300mph just for the BBC, I don't think so.

The only reason he survived is that he did not hit anything,when you see rally cars rolling over and over,and they normally finish upside down,there is generally no harm done to the driver,and the spectators roll the car back on to its wheels,and off they go,Hammond crashed on an airfield and the car rolled on to the grass,had he hit a tree,it would have being a different story.

m3 evo
stephenperry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenperry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2006 at 22:05

the "new! revamped!" fifth gear is even worse than it was before imo (and i was never a fan), that new presenter they've got appears to be a complete knob, but on the bright side there seems to be less of Tiffany

as a devoted top gear viewer since the early 90's i love the program, it's had ups and downs over the years, the last series seemed to be a bit Groundhog Day (hang about, they've done this stunt/race/celebrity before!)

and i know it's in poor taste but am i the only one who suspects that this "300mph+ critical life support crash" is a bit fishy given mr hammonds remarkably speedy recovery?

2007 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI Titanium X Auto

1983 Ford Sierra XR4i
    2000 Alpina B10 3.3 #118
    1999 BMW 323Ci
    1995 BMW 318i SE
    1994 Vauxhall Omega 2.0 GLS
    1995 Ford Mondeo 1.8 LX
    1990 Honda Concerto 1.6 EX
    1986 Ford Orion 1.6 GL
    1989 Ford Fiesta 1.1 Firefly
alanross View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alanross Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2006 at 21:45

After watching 5th gear the other night with Tiff racing a an evo 12 or something against a plane..is there a need for that? Will I ever come up against something like a plane on the road? Don't think so.

All this racing against trains n stuff really no interest me. How about a feature on cars we can afford instead of 100k+ prices.

Where's that bloody soap box.

Alan.

SHEPSM3 View Drop Down
UK Sport Evolution.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHEPSM3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2006 at 21:07

Its a shame the Hammond accident happened, as I think Top Gear was getting better and better. Even Fifth Gear is pullig out the stops to try and gain ratings from Top Gear with a recent feature on Tiff Needell driving a Lambo murchielago around Castle Combe and being chased by a helicopter - Why?  

Stunts like these I think can ruin the program IMHO.

I hope the show won't suffer tooo much, hopefully it will be Hammond who has the last decision and I wouldn't be suprised if the actually include his jet car runs and accident in a Top Gear episode soon.

[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/ShepsM3/New-1a1.jpg">[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/ShepsM3/New-1b1.jpg">
BMG M3 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BMG M3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2006 at 18:34
I doubt there's any danger they would stop Top Gear as a show, it is one of their best rated shows and exports. They may be forced to cut down on the stunts and all the powerslides etc etc. A petition to stop the nanny state would be worth signing.
215DMX View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 215DMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2006 at 18:06
http://www.petitiononline.com/tg100/petition.html
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic