Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Did I say thaaaat?

Direct Link To This Post Topic: On Trial
    Posted: 28-September-2006 at 22:22
Hello all North East Members,

Just a note to say that the National Committee has invited me to a meeting at Gaydon on Friday, which has been called to
and I quote -
"consider a resolution to terminate your membership of the BMW Car Club Great Britain Limited.
You are herby also notified that the general nature of the grounds for proposing this action are as follows:-
. You have conducted yourelf in a manner objectional to other members of the club.
.You have acted contrary to the interests of the club.

You are entitled to be present at this meeting and to be heard by the board members there present.

The board has discretion to accept or reject any explanation or defence and the decision of the board at that time will be final and conclusive."

end quote

I have written to the club to ask them for copies of the evidence that is to be presented, so that I can formulate a defence. As of now (22:18 on the 28th) I have received no reply, though I notice that the reply should have gone to the club office, rather than the company secretary who signed the letter.

I will be attending the meeting tomorrow, and will advise you of the outcome.

1963 700 LS
1988 635 CSi
1990 M635 CSi no longer!
2001 E38 728i Individual

http://www.tyneships.co.uk
Sponsored Links

Rossi View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-September-2006 at 22:53

guilty as charged your honour...

It seems like minds are already made up irrespective of attendance or not. In the eyes of BMW (AG), I suppose the Car Club have to be seen to be taking some sort of action, as the club is officially recognised by BMW (AG). It's just a shame that it has to come to this in my view. The whole thing is just so petty..

but, what goes around comes around, just look at the car club forum..usually posted here first and then on the car club site..whats the point? Double posting across two forums with the same purpose..to assist people who need it.

common sense does not prevail here.[rant over]

kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-September-2006 at 22:58
This is apalling treatment of someone who has worked damn hard for the club. In fact the chairman would not even allow thanks be said for your work during the last AGM.
I got the same letter. Upon requesting details of the reasons for this action I was told by AD that "the board is not required to provide you with any further detail". Also in reference to bringing a solicitor along, I was told that "the only person invited to attend is the club member. No other invitation is made or implied and the member should present themselves alone before the board." (AD: I know your email said not to disclose anything but do you think I care about that?). The title of this thread is On Trial'. This is not a trial its a farsical attempt to ambush someone.
However, the chairmans actions in my opinion has satisfied the criteria that they are using against you. Would someone care to ask him the following:-
* how much did the club spend altogether on the misleading PR letters sent to each club member?
* how much did the club spend on getting their solicitors to send me daft letters?*
* what procedure was used to select a new webmaster after the last one was pushed out. Why were the services of many club members not requested. Surely someone would have done the work for free and without ripping off the Ferrari club website. Perhaps the fact that the new webmaster is JH's friend is merely a coincidence!
* does the club practice underhanded tactics with all members that they don't like?
* why has the chairman still not apologised for insulting E30 owners and their cars?
* why has the chairman not yet apologsed to the club member he insulted in a number of emails? Does the board not care that a member left the club becausse of these actions?

I spent a considerable amount of time and money doing work for the club over the years. You can be damn sure Im getting it all back.

* I was asked to effectively apologise for hearing a rumour about Dr. Dale. I was instructed to apologise for saying that I don't trust AD. I don't! Should I? I was also requested to remove something or other from the forum that wasn't there. J & A, if you think Im signing this rubbish then your can both kiss my arse!
You treat the general club membership with contempt by your actions. You have also treated the Irish region with contempt (when was the last time you bothered visiting us?). You bully your way and when that doesn't work you throw a tantrum and keep pushing it until you eventually get your way. Well I stood up to you and I will continue doing so until you are gone! I eagerly await that day!

Edited by kbannon
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
spokey View Drop Down
Offensive and obnoxious tub of lard

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-September-2006 at 23:05
This is crazy. 
Ciao,
Spokey

Goldryder View Drop Down
Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2006 at 07:15
Seems to me, from an outsider's point of view, that the idiots in the playpen are trying their damnedest to get rid of all that was good about the BMW club. Undoing years of work to stop the stereotypical obnoxious/pompous BMW driver that has been achieved here on this site and by several members, especially yourself Howard.

One could almost (I did say almost) compare the actions of the playpen to that of another well known and largely despised German...'this is the way it will be, no-one will argue with us, we are in charge...anyone refusing to co-operate will be put up against the wall and shot'

The way they have treated so many here is a disgrace, I would love it if someone here could get all the evidence together and present it at BMW HQ and ask...'Do you REALLY want the official club acting in this way?' and if they say 'yes'...slap 'em with a nice chunky lawsuit which we would all sign our names to....lets see, defamation of character, bullying, internet espionage...I'm sure someone could get them on something and make it stick.

Damn posterior orifices and spherical objects...
October 2-6 2008 - Houston, Texas - Long Distance Wedding
March 15-April 1 2009 - Transatlantic Cruise
October 10-25 2009 - China, Korea, Taiwan & Japan Cruise
Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2006 at 12:40

They seem to hanker for the days when BMW ownership was for the rich elite.

"If someone cant afford to pay £35 to post on our forum, we don't want them" was the quote that amused me most.

I thought the new webmaster was a buddy of the good doctor, rather than porkie, but I don't imagine that matters much.

In my experience you can get everything that was claimed to be a benefit of membership without being a BMWCC member, with the exception of the car club mag....you can even go to events !

Best Wishes

Nigel

Fushion Julz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2006 at 12:49
Perhaps the time has come for all members who are opposed to the actions of the Board/Chairman to vote with their feet/wallet and refuse to sign up again.

If enough folk do that, then the club will need to reconsider the actions of the board.

Perhaps, also, it is time to resurrect the BMW Drivers Club?
1987 E30 M3
1996 E36 328i SE 4dr (Manual)
1992 E34 525iX Touring...SOLD
Goldryder View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2006 at 12:50
Its like the nonsense over the name of the site here...it boils down to jealousy...

They are jealous that this site is still exceptionally popular.

They are jealous that so many here have more respect for Howard, Killian et al than they will ever have in a million years.

They are pi$$ed off cos this site and its membership won't go away..as they would dearly love we would...

They are also pi$$ed off cos there is alot more loyalty towards Killian and the team and the site here than they gauged....more fool them for underestimating everyone..

They need to wake up and realise that everything they do to put people down here or cause a problem for the site as a whole, the heavier the backlash will be...the backlash being that they are making themselves look stupid, juvenile and pathetic....
Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2006 at 12:52
I'm not sure you can restart the Drivers club....didn't bmwccgb take it over ?
Best Wishes

Nigel

Rossi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2006 at 13:15

As Nigel says, anyone can go to their events/meets so, why don't they clamp down on non-members attending events, begs the question, why join? £35 a year for something that is free...

Too much condescending crap goin' on I think..not a very 'club' orientated attitude.

Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2006 at 13:16
I am appalled that 2 members of the club (that we know of) can be treated in this way. I await with interest the details of any 'evidence' presented.

I read the chairman's chat in the October magazine this morning in disbelief. It implies that I and the rest of the 'group of individuals' (i.e. the moderator team) am both 'hijacker' and 'thief'.

Surely this means that the chairman is "conducting himself in a manner objectionable to other members of the club" and, by continually using club funds and print media as his personal soapbox, "acting contrary to the interests of the club".
Goldryder View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2006 at 13:25
Just how much does BMW actually know...or care to know...about whats going on over here?

Are they condoning what is happening or have they been kept out of the loop?

If they have been kept out of the loop, is it not time to bring them up to speed in respect of the shenanigans going on within their UK owners club???

BMW has a huge ownership of their vehicles across the UK/Ireland...it would be interesting to see what their reaction would be if they knew the bare boned truth about what the 'club' management are getting up to...and the way the 'club' management are dragging the reputation of their company name through the dung heap, alienating owners/drivers of their cars...possibly even, in a few cases, driving those owners to other makes of car where people are treated in a more reasonable fashion...
Jeff Spangle View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2006 at 13:32
I'm appalled at this Howard, appalled and disgusted by the behaviour of the club and it's officers.

How do they see the club, do they wear some special kind of glasses? It seems they are out to self-destruct because club members will vote with their feet.

Obvoiusly Mr Haywood has another of his friends lined up to replace you, mores the pity.

How does the membership bring about a vote of no confidence in the committee and the chairman? Is this possible?

Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2006 at 14:18
Probably not possible Jeff, the gruesome twosome will control the members that count the votes
Best Wishes

Nigel

Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2006 at 14:19

Originally posted by Webdunk Webdunk wrote:

I am appalled that 2 members of the club (that we know of) can be treated in this way. I await with interest the details of any 'evidence' presented.

I read the chairman's chat in the October magazine this morning in disbelief. It implies that I and the rest of the 'group of individuals' (i.e. the moderator team) am both 'hijacker' and 'thief'.

Surely this means that the chairman is "conducting himself in a manner objectionable to other members of the club" and, by continually using club funds and print media as his personal soapbox, "acting contrary to the interests of the club".

Well tell him then Duncan, although expect the same fate as the rest of us !

Best Wishes

Nigel

Goldryder View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2006 at 14:40
Off the wall idea...

How feasible is it for this and all the other non-affiliated BMW sites getting together in a joint effort and putting a vote of no confidence in the management of the BMW car club?

There are hundreds of sites with thousands of members across the UK/Ireland...give everyone a voice as I am pretty sure that this will not be the only site which has been picked on in recent months in this way.

Join forces...make a stand together against the posterior orrifices and make sure that BMW AG HQ hear all about it too....

One massive multi site member petition with evidence to boot of the shenanigans.....you never know, it MIGHT work...1 site against them isn't going to hurt them where it will be painful the most...in the club coffers...however several sites together would be a force to be reckoned with. And once word gets out to the other sites how this one is being treated, there is bound to be an outcry and enough disgusted people to do something about it.
Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2006 at 14:43

I'm not sure it matters that much Ally.

I have been advised that our main problem is rather wealthy and can pretty well do as he wishes.

If he wants a club just for his mates, then he can have one !

Best Wishes

Nigel

kdevitt View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2006 at 14:47
Originally posted by Fushion Julz Fushion Julz wrote:

Perhaps the time has come for all members who are opposed to the actions of the Board/Chairman to vote with their feet/wallet and refuse to sign up again.If enough folk do that, then the club will need to reconsider the actions of the board.Perhaps, also, it is time to resurrect the BMW Drivers Club?

Don't think they're overly bothered - but an official boycott of Total BMW magazine would be a good starting point. They have a BMW CC page every month. And they can't afford to lose a huge chunk of readers.
Goldryder View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2006 at 15:11
Originally posted by Nigel Nigel wrote:

I'm not sure it matters that much Ally.

I have been advised that our main problem is rather wealthy and can pretty well do as he wishes.

If he wants a club just for his mates, then he can have one !

Well thats easy...get the evidence to prove that and send it to the factory HQ with one question...'Are you aware that your UK/Ireland club is shafting people, defaming people and bringing the BMW into disrepute for their own purposes?'
Coasting View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
www.TOTALTORQUE.net

Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2006 at 18:09

Edited it all out to say just what matters....

The BMW Car Club is a joke.  Always has been, always will be.  It's used by others (and it is) as a model as to how NOT to organise and run a car club.

Without exception, it is the worst such organisation in the UK and the sooner people realise that and stop throwing their monies away, the better.

Edited by Coasting

Now with FREE HPI CHECK and FREE GLASSES GUIDE VALUATIONS for all members!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic