Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW ///M Power
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedSilverstone on Monday

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3Nally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-September-2006 at 10:21
Martin, Kevin, good to meet you chaps, I take my hat off to anyone willing to give it some in that rain.

I went out with Waddo after the rain, he makes it all seem so fuss free & easy. Interesting to see the lines he was taking to find the grip.

Steve, great video and what a sound. Where is the mic, in the engine bay!?

Kevin   
E30 M3 Macao blue metallic Evolution 2
E39 530d Sport Auto, Aegean blue Edition, Sat Nav, TV, comms pack etc.
E39 540i Auto, Sat Nav, TV, leather, luxo barge
Sponsored Links

Steve Gill View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Gill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28-September-2006 at 20:06

Originally posted by M3Nally M3Nally wrote:

Steve, great video and what a sound. Where is the mic, in the engine bay!?

Kevin   

Thanks Kevin, yes the mic was in the engine bay  

Fushion Julz View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fushion Julz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2006 at 10:17
finally uploaded some of the footage from in-car that I shot last Monday...Nowhere near as good as Steve's, though, I'm afraid...

http://fushion.org.uk/movies/silverstone_1_25-09-06.mpg

http://fushion.org.uk/movies/silverstone_2_25-09-06.mpg

each about 65mb
1987 E30 M3
1996 E36 328i SE 4dr (Manual)
1992 E34 525iX Touring...SOLD
flyingalexf68 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingalexf68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2006 at 11:45
Nice vids. Whats the story with the Porkers? I thought it was a BMW day. And whats the story with people driving with no lights on? Seems stupid in weather like that.
1995 e36 3.0 M3 Coupe, Daytona Violet, AP Racing BBK, CCFL Angel Eyes, M3 Spoiler, M-Tec 3 Steering Wheel.   
2000 530d Steptronic, Poverty Spec, 18" Alloys.
Fushion Julz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fushion Julz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2006 at 12:10
PCGB members are, as I understand, always invited to BMWCC trackdays and there is a reciprocal arrangement...

Unfortunately the people driving the Porsches on Monday were rubbish!
That white GT3 RS should be able to leave almost all the cars, other than the DTM racers, for dead almost everywhere without too much effort.
However, it took that one several attempts to get past me (in my 195bhp E30 M3 on Avon ZZ3s) despite me moving over for several corners!
The darker coloured 80s 3.0 Carrera (I think it was) was just bog slow...even on the straights!

I agree about the no lights, too....Completely daft, IMO.

1987 E30 M3
1996 E36 328i SE 4dr (Manual)
1992 E34 525iX Touring...SOLD
trackM3 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trackM3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2006 at 16:06
some great pics on   www.northloop.co.uk/images/silverstone_bmw/index.htm

Edited by trackM3
Oops i went and got an E36 !
Steve Gill View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve Gill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29-September-2006 at 22:49

Originally posted by flyingalexf68 flyingalexf68 wrote:

Nice vids. Whats the story with the Porkers? I thought it was a BMW day. And whats the story with people driving with no lights on? Seems stupid in weather like that.

Agreed. I was black flagged last year for having my lights on

b7 eater View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

BMW anoraks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b7 eater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-September-2006 at 11:44
Originally posted by texas2201 texas2201 wrote:

It was remembering Ryans problem that made me change my view - I thought the diff was on the way out

I put your petrol container and air pump in the boot of my car - will give them back to you when I next see you?

Martin

Thankyou.  Did you pick the gt up for me aswell?

E21 323i baur
E34 M5
M3 GT
wheels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wheels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30-September-2006 at 21:47

First post on here so...hello everyone

I have been tracking a Silverstone thread elsewhere and am a bit cheesed I've found everyone after the event. Would have loved to have met up Sunday and the pitlane chatter Monday. Next year...

Had a great time, especially dry sessions. Was starting to pick it up and looking forward to making some progress in the afternoon. For some reason I also loved getting smoked by Sabine into Maggots...maybe it was the view from of the rear . One other encounter was when I ventured out sheepishly for last session while it was still wet. Taxi coming up fast, indicated so she was not slowed down. My passenger waved at her, she giggled and treated us to a huge V10 powerslide round the outside at Chapel. I'll be reminiscing about that when I'm too old and sat by the fire. Little minx, how infectious is that laugh?

I remembered to turn sports on, but sadly must have also turned stealth on as I managed to avoid all the photo's on the northloop!

Thanks to all staff, especially track ushers(?) at end of pitlane who looked after me. I was in end garage.

What a fantastic day!  all...

texas2201 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texas2201 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01-October-2006 at 11:36

Hi Mark/Jac

Oh my god has someone else taken it................

It does look good - I will need to get a pax lap with you sometime

Martin

PS off to the Ring again on the 21st OCT for the weekend

Martin - www.iconicmotorcars.co.uk
E30 M3 now sold :-(/Lotus Elan SE Turbo/Lotus Excel SE/Lotus Excel SA/Audi A8 - now Tow Barge - Quattro 4.2
m3bob View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote m3bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-October-2006 at 22:23

Originally posted by Fushion Julz Fushion Julz wrote:

Only treacherous for anyone not able to drive!!

There was only one casualty of the rain, as far as I'm aware (an E36 M3 that went off backwards into the wall on Farm Straight just before Bridge)....but he managed to drive it back to the pits and it wasn't gonna stop him driving it home, either...

There was, as far as I'm aware, only one other body damaging incident when an E30 M3 (black one) went off in the dry morning sessions at Copse... looked a bit sad, but not unfixeable.
Considering the conditions, I was surprised that there weren't any more, really...There was an E9 CSL bat road car that was pumping out a bit of oil all day and finally expired when the engine cut out at copse in the afternoon resulting in a harmless spin...But it caused the session to be stopped as the car needed a tow back to the pits and was stopped on the track.

Perhaps worth remembering that BMWCC bill it as a "Better Driving Day" and to be a better driver you need to be able to handle the wet as well as the dry!
(saves the expensive R rubber, too)

Unfortunatly the black e30 m3 is dead, i went back up on thursday to pick it up, front chassis rail gone, boot floor is twisted, too much money to put right, the only panels to survive were the passeneger door and roof, a real shame, its a reshell or rebuild into something else

1987 Alpine E30 M3
1990 Alpine E30 M3 TRACK CAR
1988 E30 325 TOURING
1988 E30 325 CAB
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic