Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW ///M Power
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedInterchangable?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior Member II
Senior Member II
Kings Lynn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysteron35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interchangable?
    Posted: 12-September-2006 at 19:53

Hi all, can anyone tell me if its possible to fit e30 m3 front control arms to a 3.0 95 e36 m3?. I'm about to change mine and have a brand new set that I didnt fit to my old e30, they look identical in every way but the part no's are different and the e36 one's are twice the price so something must be different.

I've spoken to a few people including my local dealer who seem fairly good, and they cant find a difference when looking at the two side by side. I'm not trying to do it on the cheap and dont mind getting the correct one's but seems a shame if the e30 one's will fit.

Any info would be great.

Regards, Steve.  

92 Carrera RS
95 3.0 M3
ex 5 x e30 m3'3
ex e35 M5
Sponsored Links

UweM3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UweM3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-September-2006 at 20:10
Originally posted by mysteron35 mysteron35 wrote:

Hi all, can anyone tell me if its possible to fit e30 m3 front control arms to a 3.0 95 e36 m3?. I'm about to change mine and have a brand new set that I didnt fit to my old e30, they look identical in every way but the part no's are different and the e36 one's are twice the price so something must be different.

I've spoken to a few people including my local dealer who seem fairly good, and they cant find a difference when looking at the two side by side. I'm not trying to do it on the cheap and dont mind getting the correct one's but seems a shame if the e30 one's will fit.

Any info would be great.

Regards, Steve.  

???
why did they not fit your old E30? They are all the same.
I know the guy's in Germany use E36 control arms for cheapo 5 lug conversions on E30's but they have to BEND
the E36 arm to get the wheel back in the centre of the wheel arch.
Are you 101% sure that you have E30 arms??
E61 520d, slow and buzzy but my wallet likes the mpg.....
mysteron35 View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II
Kings Lynn

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mysteron35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-September-2006 at 20:33

Hi Uwe, I bought them for my e30 m3 but didnt fit them and had them sitting in my garage.  I now have an e36 and wondered if they would fit that as they look identical. I'm not normaly one for cutting corners but cant see any differance.

Regards, Steve.

92 Carrera RS
95 3.0 M3
ex 5 x e30 m3'3
ex e35 M5
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic