Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Scottish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedlaser wheel adjustment in scotland

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 318loon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: laser wheel adjustment in scotland
    Posted: 10-September-2006 at 18:24

alright people

im lookin to get the laser 4 wheel alignment done im in north lanarkshire area airdrie/coatbridge  anyone know of any garages that do this around here or near by

Sponsored Links

Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-September-2006 at 19:49
RW Weaver

3a Delvin Road
Cathcart
Glasgow
G44 3AA
Previous:

E36 318is coupe, E36 323i coupe, E30 316 saloon, E30 318 saloon, E46 330ci Sport Conv
E92 325d M Sport(3.0),With Loads of gadgets

Current:
116i Sport F20
Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-September-2006 at 19:50

LMFAO at there website BTW

Our Services

< =rsedit style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Verdana'">We maintain and repair almost all BMWs - the exceptions are

1. BMW Motorcycles - too much investment for too small a market.

2. X5s - sorry but we just don't like them!

But yes, we will look after your BMW MINI for you. We do servicing to BMW Standard, fault diagnosis, all mechanical repairs, all electrical faults, four wheel alignment, wheel balancing, exhaust fitting,etc. etc.

We listen!! And advise.

We offer fixed prices on all services and inspections and on the most common repairs.

We prepare and present BMWs for MOT test, but we don't;
Buy and sell cars
Do paint work and body work

We DO reset the service lights and stamp the service book.
Previous:

E36 318is coupe, E36 323i coupe, E30 316 saloon, E30 318 saloon, E46 330ci Sport Conv
E92 325d M Sport(3.0),With Loads of gadgets

Current:
116i Sport F20
318loon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 318loon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-September-2006 at 23:46

great thanks mate

will be heading there this weekend hopefully.

any info on the cost??

Andrew Rolland View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Go away rain

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Andrew Rolland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-September-2006 at 08:12

Wonder why they don't like X5's?  Mechanically they are an E39 underneath.......

Hmmm

I would have one as they are very capable cars but it's the image they unfortunately have that puts me right off them!  Maybe they share the same thoughts....hedgehogs and X5 drivers.........

Back to the post in question.....

4 Wheel laser alignment.  CH Bull & Sons, Kilmacolm Road, Bridge of Weir (BP Petrol Station) did mine for £55 inc VAT.  They do all the Volvo dealers wheel alignment from the Glasgow area.

HTH

Andrew

Be exclusive and drive a Petrol 5 Series!

Current
'13 62 F10 535i MSport Auto

Previous
'04 04 E60 545i SE Auto
'03 53 E60 545i SE Auto (Stolen)
'98 S E39 523i SE Auto
grahame34m5 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grahame34m5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-September-2006 at 11:23

The independents recommendaed here are well know to club memebers and have nothing bad to say about them at all.

Although I'm having a testing time at the moment I would recommend a BMW KDS alignment and get the print out to prove it. They weight the car down and check cambers and ride height as well as toes and geometrical driving axis. I don't know if the equipment at the independents does this. Although it is more pricey at £170ish I personnally think its worth it. Note that the alignment spec target values are when the car is loaded, and its not a little bit. Mine needs 68 Kg in the drivers and passenger seat and more in the boot. A recent KDS done for me didn't have the right weights and they were unable to align it to spec.

PS just to under line this I'm not saying the independents can't do it all I'm saying its worth asking/getting KDS done. 

08 e60 Alpina B5 S sold, please forgive me
03 e39 M5 sold
98 e38 728 Sport Individual dead
93 e34 M5 sold
318loon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 318loon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-September-2006 at 18:53

point noted, thanks

im due an mot soon so gonna wait and see if there are any suspension issues needin fixed especially trailing arm bushes then get it aligned

gary View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Just Call me Wendy ;-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-September-2006 at 17:50
Loon Try

BM Motors
71 Station Rd
Law Village
Wishaw
01698 375146

Alot of guys including me swear by them. It is owned by a guy called Davy and the club have had two meetings at his premises. He is cheap and knows his stuff.

I would not let anyone other than him near my cars. He has been servicing mine for about the past 9 years and is a great supporter of the club.

Tell him Gary sent you.
andygriff View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andygriff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-September-2006 at 13:25

I highly recomend BMW KDS over any other allignment. The BMW software is more specific to each model variation (and in some cases specific vehicle options), on later cars the actual ride hight at each corner of the vehicle is input to obtain corrected geometry settings.

However, don't waste time having the geometry checked if your suspension / steering is worn or tired. Bottom arms / bushes, trailing arm bushes, track rod ends etc. need particular inspection.

If possible, find a conciencious BMW dealer who doesn't operate an individual productivity bonus for it's tech's. You'll probably get a better job done as an accurate KDS takes a little time. The check alone should take at least 1 hour if done correctly, adjustments will require extra time. All final figures should be close to the centre of their tolerence if your tech has a concience !

Always ask for the final printout report including the ride hight target / actual figures.

1988 E30 M3 S14B23
1995 E36 M3 S50B30 Saloon
Honda RC30
BMW Senior Technician.
SteveM View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-September-2006 at 19:55

I just paid 200 quid for the KDS at John Clarks in Aberdeen.

The car does drive straight now, and the steering wheel is not squint. I got a full print out with all the before and after numbers, and it does list ride height, tyre pressures, and is specific to the model (18", sport suspension, diesle etc),

But, damn it's expensive - and not covered by the service & maintenance pack.

Steve
Scottish Cecotto
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic