Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW ///M Power
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAir/Fuel Mixture

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matt T Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-September-2006 at 19:30
Originally posted by SHEPSM3 SHEPSM3 wrote:

CO I think should be 1% + or - 0.5%, I could be wrong on this? I usually like to set the idle mixture with the HC in mind. Basically I go for as low a HC reading as I can, usually this is around the 2.5 - 3% CO mark which is still MOT standard to your car. At least this way you know the fuel is not being wasted.

HTH

Im running at 3.8% CO at the moment, whooooooooo, lol. Really need to get that sorted
Sponsored Links

andyclient View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyclient Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-September-2006 at 17:34
Originally posted by SHEPSM3 SHEPSM3 wrote:

Andy, not sure what you should see for the sensor readings, but they sound not bad from other's I have tested (BOSCH)

The other pipe connected to the FPR contains fuel, so be carefull when replacing them. (Or should I say get a professional to do it? )

Sorry meant the larger pipe that the vacuum pipe goes into the one that then connects to the icv , mind you i will replace the small pipe from the FPR to the injector rail as the sound deadening has worn a flat on the top of it.

Have also got a new fuel filter  and have now found a place in Colchester with a Dyno that comes recommended from a friend who send their rally car there ,so as soon as i have changed the vacuum pipe fuel filter and fuel pipe i will book it in and see how we go.

P.s can you remove the injector electrical plugs without removing the fuel rail as this would make access to the vacuum pipe clip easier ?

cheers

Andy

01 E46 320d Touring
88 E30 M3 Sadly Gone
93 E36 325 TD Gone but still going
87 E30 Hartge 325 (gone but not forgotten)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic