Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Regional & Specific Forums > Irish Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked**** Mondello International Oct 8th PM ****

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
DOBBIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DOBBIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: **** Mondello International Oct 8th PM ****
    Posted: 04-September-2009 at 20:20

Wow,

Feel like a dick now, just twigged how old this thread actually is. Note to self, read it properly before posting a reply.

'oh the shame'

Sponsored Links

DOBBIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DOBBIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-September-2009 at 19:54

Hi Guys,

Looks like I'm late to this thread but sounds like a day out not to miss, need to get a few jobs done to the M3 but should be finished in time.

Never had it on a track so looking forward to it!

See you all there.

dddooohhh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dddooohhh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03-September-2009 at 22:15
Just got a Z4 -- want to take it to the track day first BMW and I am hooked .. any advice ..
T.J. View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T.J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2006 at 18:55
I'll be there for sure.. let me know when you start scheming your next trip!
Mazda 6 MPS
S1 Elise 135 Sport
Alfa Romeo 159 Sportwagon

Formerly E39 TDS, E36 M3, E36 328i, E34 525i, E34 518i
Beemer Fan View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beemer Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2006 at 13:47
[QUOTE=T.J.]

Looked like a great day was had...  I'm reeking i missed it. Wet was the icing on the cake. My 1st day out on track was in the wet and it taught me so much so quick. Gers presence in the passenger seat also gave me the confidence to push on.

Next year I'll be back with a vengence!

PS Beemer Fan - the track stickers on the lower arch is SOOOO cool.

Thanks TJ,

I know you'll be coming along next year so your sills will not be stickerless for too long more!

D.

E46 M3
X5
Evo 9
HD Dyna Glide
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beemer Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21-October-2006 at 13:45

Originally posted by flyingalexf68 flyingalexf68 wrote:

@ Beemer Fan, Are they your road tyres? Wouldn't fancy them at this time of year. Car looked sweet though. I have to admit thats the model and colour combo I wanted. Maybe as my next car.

Not really, I bought them for track use but left them on between track days cos i intended going to a few around the bm day.. I've used them a bit on the road, steering feels slightly heavier, a little more road noise, but grip like i've never experienced, just stay away from the puddles!

E46 M3
X5
Evo 9
HD Dyna Glide
T.J. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T.J. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-October-2006 at 22:34

Looked like a great day was had...  I'm reeking i missed it. Wet was the icing on the cake. My 1st day out on track was in the wet and it taught me so much so quick. Gers presence in the passenger seat also gave me the confidence to push on.

Next year I'll be back with a vengence!

PS Beemer Fan - the track stickers on the lower arch is SOOOO cool.

Mazda 6 MPS
S1 Elise 135 Sport
Alfa Romeo 159 Sportwagon

Formerly E39 TDS, E36 M3, E36 328i, E34 525i, E34 518i
flyingalexf68 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingalexf68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-October-2006 at 19:59
@ Beemer Fan, Are they your road tyres? Wouldn't fancy them at this time of year. Car looked sweet though. I have to admit thats the model and colour combo I wanted. Maybe as my next car.
1995 e36 3.0 M3 Coupe, Daytona Violet, AP Racing BBK, CCFL Angel Eyes, M3 Spoiler, M-Tec 3 Steering Wheel.   
2000 530d Steptronic, Poverty Spec, 18" Alloys.
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beemer Fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-October-2006 at 17:52

Hey Guys,

That e36 evo is mine, just got lost from this forum for a while with the address shake up and what not... M3 Micks comments are spot on, the toyo 888s are amazing in the dry and the compound lasts well but lethal in the wet, thats why i had just two outings in mondello last sunday.. I found it very hard to get grip in the wet but enjoyed the day anyhow..

E46 M3
X5
Evo 9
HD Dyna Glide
Fey! View Drop Down
Funs over, Scotty; beam down my clothes!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fey! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-October-2006 at 13:28
It is, isn't it.  Very sensitive to a shaky paw, though!  On digital, it becomes 255-750.  Was still too short for the pictures from the control tower!!!
b318isp View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b318isp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-October-2006 at 11:17
Originally posted by Fey! Fey! wrote:

I only used the 170-500 this time; didn't even take out the 70-300.  Digweed was using a 28-55.

Monster lens though!
Fey! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fey! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-October-2006 at 10:53

Narusa - if that's the KK reg e36 you're talking about, I think it's M3 Guy on www.bmw-driver.net.

Brendan - getting there slowly!  I only used the 170-500 this time; didn't even take out the 70-300.  Digweed was using a 28-55.

b318isp View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote b318isp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-October-2006 at 09:14
Fey, I was using the 75-300mm lens too and was really disappointed at the number of blurred shots. Granted, I was using it near full zoom - but I was metering 1/640-800 @ f5.6...

Hope to have some shots up by the weekend for everyone.
///M3Mick View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ///M3Mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-October-2006 at 08:37

Narusa

They are amazing in the dry (like the cups on the CSL) but in the wet they are downright dangerous.

Mick

narusa View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote narusa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-October-2006 at 07:16
By the way any body knows who was driving that M3 Evo in Estoril Blue?I would like to ask him few questions about tires he is using.TOYO888 i think.Hoe they are on the road and stuff like that.
M3 mechanic-need help?
Powerflex and Eibach suspention products,xenon lights,and fitting.Diesel remaping service.
www.irlperfectcar.com
denishogan View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
What’s this title thing about then?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denishogan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-October-2006 at 19:52

You should have come Denis. Twas very wet so you wouldn't have worn the tyres. Not that many on track, but I'd say a few people would have been worried because of the conditions.

Looks like it would've been fun out there yesterday alright... but the tyres I have on it now are just too soft.

I had harder michelins on it at the BDD earlier in the year there was a good deal of rubber on them, but they were only fit for the bin (literally) after the first session (which was kind of fortunate in an unfortunate way, since I got the one session in anyway). Once they got warm, they just fell apart (which is also funny, because I couldn't get any heat into them on the hills).

I just couldn't afford to do it to the tyres I have on it now! Maybe if I get a generous sponsor for next year...
Fey! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fey! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-October-2006 at 19:05
Sound.  Sorry about that!
flyingalexf68 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingalexf68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-October-2006 at 19:01
Thats me in the bottom pic.
1995 e36 3.0 M3 Coupe, Daytona Violet, AP Racing BBK, CCFL Angel Eyes, M3 Spoiler, M-Tec 3 Steering Wheel.   
2000 530d Steptronic, Poverty Spec, 18" Alloys.
Fey! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fey! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-October-2006 at 18:56

digweed View Drop Down
I’m SOOO cut out for world domination!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09-October-2006 at 18:39

Originally posted by Fey! Fey! wrote:

Alex - yours was the pale blue KK reg e36 M3, wasn't it?

I have about 20 pictures where you're behind the CSL lap after lap, and he didn't seem to be getting away from you!

No. Not mine. Thats an M3 Evo in Estoril Blue.   I'm sure you'll get up to speed on these colours someday.

you'd want to see the colour of his house!!!!

D.

Dermot O Rourke, used to be '99 520 black metallic
Now '01 525 M-Sport, cosmos black, sports half leather seats, upgraded lights and a kick like a mule!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
  Share Topic