Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW ///M Power
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedE30 Heater Control wiring diagram??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SFH3L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: E30 Heater Control wiring diagram??
    Posted: 02-September-2006 at 16:02

Do any of you guys have a wiring diagram which covers the heater control for a '90 Sport Evo?  I am after a schematic which covers the makeup of the controller itself as well as the wires to it.

My car has air-con, and I am told has the (rare for E30) full climate control.  As I understand it the "red to blue" heater control knob controls not only the heater water valve/solenoid, but also an actuator motor which in turn controls the airflow over the heater matrix itself.  The controller is faulty, as it only controls the air flap actuator intermitently, and it fails to cold.  The unit is very expensive from BMW (something like £300 plus) and I suspect there is a dry joint on it somewhere, as it works if you twist the box very slightly.  With the diagram, I stand a better chance of being able to test where the circuit is dodgy.

Life is funny - just sorted out the aircon again and now I have to start worrying about the cold winter coming up!

Any help appreciated - Thanks

Sam.
the original "not for profit" organisation.

Independent Financial Adviser In Buckingham
My Financial Blog
Sponsored Links

andyclient View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andyclient Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-September-2006 at 10:14

Hi

I have the M3 electrical troubleshooting manual in pdf format that covers what i think you might be after ?

Its in 7 parts but i think i have found the one containing what you want but its 2.5 mb  ,I can email it to you if your mailbox will accept it

Did try to post the page up on the forum to see if it was what you were after, but couldn't i'm afraid

Let me know

Cheers

Andy

01 E46 320d Touring
88 E30 M3 Sadly Gone
93 E36 325 TD Gone but still going
87 E30 Hartge 325 (gone but not forgotten)
SFH3L View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SFH3L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05-September-2006 at 12:41
Andy, many thanks - PM sent.
Sam.
the original "not for profit" organisation.

Independent Financial Adviser In Buckingham
My Financial Blog
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic