Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > General Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedAre these MP’s mad?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steven.seed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Are these MP’s mad?
    Posted: 17-August-2006 at 10:31

If they pass these sort of proposals motoring is doomed. And the hypocrisy of them is unbelievable.

HERE

Steve.

1998 E36 318iS Saloon   
1989 E30 318i. Coupe
2000 E39 520i Touring

Sponsored Links

Peter Fenwick View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Fenwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-August-2006 at 10:59

If I ever meet Tim Yeo in the street I will punch him in the face, push him to the ground then kick him repeatedly in the head until he is dead.

Hypocritical w**ker

Entering an age of Austerity and now driving a Focus Diesel.
Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-August-2006 at 13:27
Peter - that's a bit extreme! I had you down as a pleasantr, peaceful soul :-o

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Fenwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-August-2006 at 13:51

I am, normally, it's just that this whole issue has got me very angry.

Besides it would only be what him and the other idiots deserve.

billgates e30 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billgates e30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-August-2006 at 14:23
the worst bit is he drives an old polluting bmw, and yet he is preaching about cutting down on pollution, some people may as well just have a big tatoo on their forhead saying

i am a tit, please shoot me down in flames

honestly

i read about the tax brackets the other day in the paper, and they were rediculous, i think only a very small amount of cars came in the under 1K bracket and most were above that, the only cars to fall into the tax free on was total electric, and the prius was the only one in the next bracket up
Bill Gates aka Chris

BMW Club NE

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Fenwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-August-2006 at 14:43

The best bit is that when they price us off the roads they'll have to find another way of getting the money they used to get through fuel duty.

I can't wait to see what they come up with.

IamSpartacus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IamSpartacus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-August-2006 at 14:50

We're not alone in our thoughts....

I have come to the conclusion that politics are too serious a matter to be left to the politicians.

Charles De Gaulle (1890 - 1970)

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.

Ronald Reagan (1911 - 2004)

Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which properly concern them.

Paul Valery (1871 - 1945), Tel Quel 2 (1943)

The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.

Larry Hardiman

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy.

Ernest Benn

Politics is the skilled use of blunt objects.

Lester B. Pearson (1897 - 1972)

Politics is perhaps the only profession for which no preparation is thought necessary.

Robert Louis Stevenson (1850 - 1894)

Politics, n. Strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles.

Ambrose Bierce (1842 - 1914), The Devil's Dictionary

Being in politics is like being a football coach. You have to be smart enough to understand the game, and dumb enough to think it's important.

Eugene McCarthy (1916 - 2005)

In politics, absurdity is not a handicap.

Napoleon Bonaparte

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H. L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)

Why are we surprised when politicians play politics? It's not like they are supposed to be real adults... they are, after all, politicians and don't have real jobs and aren't playing around with their money.

Max

Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation.

Henry Kissinger (1923 - )

The reason there are so few female politicians is that it is too much trouble to put makeup on two faces.

Maureen Murphy

Now I know what a statesman is - a dead politician, I’ve come to the conclusion the we need more statesmen.

Bob Edwards

Government is too big and too important to be left to the politicians.

Chester Bowles (1901 - 1986)

Politicians are like diapers. They both need changing regularly and for the same reason.

Unknown

Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.
scarface View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarface Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-August-2006 at 16:33
Madness.  I take it this won't come in for a few hundred years while they increase the capacity and coverage of public transport to cope!  I suppose they think that our public transport is fine as it is as they never use it themselves. 

Unless The States and China cut their carbon emissions it's all pointless anyway.  Removing all britains cars would have little or no effect. 

Is it a prerequisite to be retarded to work in a position of power?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic