Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW ///M Power
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Locked@Zaino Users

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nico G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: @Zaino Users
    Posted: 17-August-2006 at 07:31

Hello All,

I'd be very gratefull if anybody could send me some photos of your freshly Zaino'd car, I remember seeing several on the old forum but I can't access them now obviously....

TIA - Nick.

Sponsored Links

Lancastrian View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lancastrian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-August-2006 at 09:14

Search using "zaino" and they are all there.

Here is one

E30 M3 Project - Specification TBC
SHEPSM3 View Drop Down
UK Sport Evolution.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHEPSM3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-August-2006 at 22:18

Here's a better topic with before and after.

Here_is_another!

Hope this helps?

[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/ShepsM3/New-1a1.jpg">[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/ShepsM3/New-1b1.jpg">
SFH3L View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SFH3L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-August-2006 at 20:12

I can give you another one!

BTW - Jon Wiseman is a star, very helpful and very patient.  The Porter Cable and Zaino transformed the paint on my Z1.  Can't wait to turn it on the black M3!

Zaino is excellent!

Sam.
the original "not for profit" organisation.

Independent Financial Adviser In Buckingham
My Financial Blog
lyndonbuck View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lyndonbuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-August-2006 at 21:54
Oooh you can't beat a Z1, a chap down my road had a new one when I was a
kid and I've always liked them. Sorry back to the shiny car topic.
M3cK View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M3cK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-August-2006 at 22:16
When I was a kid there was this Rover 2600S........never liked them.

Anyway. Zaino, eh....I was totally taken in, I mean convinced by those 'Wizards' on the Zymol Stand. Wasn't anyone else?? Chap said that Zaino was 'good', but.........

What DOES a man do?? He buys some of the Waterless Cleaner, doesn't he. I THINK NOT!

"vous paye votre argent et prend votre choix"

Whatever the answer, I DO know that I want a Porter Cable, Ahhhhhaa!! Not sure what one is, but I do want one......

Z1 looks great, Sam but the Csl, MERCY!!!! ( How many cars have you got???)
'89 E30 M3

Made in Munich
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23-August-2006 at 22:30
Originally posted by Nico G Nico G wrote:

I remember seeing several on the old forum but I can't access them now obviously....

This is the old forum. The other one is brand new adndoesn't have the old postings as they are here.
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
SFH3L View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SFH3L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-August-2006 at 19:49

Welllll......

I have just the three little devils currently, although there is always room in my heart (and garage) for another, funds don't run that way at present.

I have done the Zymol thing, and it is just as good as they say it is.  I have used it on the CSL for 10 years now, and it is magic for that car, which is a light colour, has decent paint, is garaged all the time, and never left wet.

I used it on my black M3 when I first got it, and the shine was great.  The problem is that on an everyday car it just isn't durable enough.  I found that after a few weeks I needed to go through the whole performance again, which is just too much of a pain.  I reckon that is down to the M3 being everything the CSL isn't - a dark colour (gets hotter in sun), left out for long periods during daytime when I am out and about, garaged when wet, and not too special paint to begin with.  The Zymol looked great  but just couldn't cope with that.  The Z1 had a load of minor scratches and haze in the paint when I got it, and needed more than just a good wax.

You do pay your money and take your choice.  If you have a light coloured show car, which has decent paint to begin with, and is garanged all the time, then Zymol will make you very happy.  If you have a car like my M3, you'll end up frustrated.

Good luck whichever way you go in the end.

Sam.

My Financial Blog
AndyS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
The Last of the Few

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24-August-2006 at 23:16
Sam, I saw your CSL at Gaydon. I could quite easily taken it home with me. As for the example in the concours area . . . !!!!

How does Zaino work for red, in particular Misano? I've been very pleased with Meguiars 3 Step Crystal & I'd like to go one better if I can. Don't know about lashing out £200 for a Porter Cable though.

AndyS
Live each day as if it's your last - one day it will be.

Nico G View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nico G Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-August-2006 at 07:54

Hello Andy S.

SFH3L is absolutely bang-on. This is precisely the advise I would give to detailing customers. Carnuba looks stunning but has it's limitations and they are mainly sunlight exposure and rain. If your car (presumedly the 6 pictured in your footer) gets limited use, I would recommend a carnuba product, the finish effect acheivable on a solid red with carnuba is probably the most stunning of any combination of colour/solid/metallic paint. If the car is a daily driver, then the durability of a synthetic polymeric sealant (Zaino, Meguiars M21 etc) would be advisable.

As with any product, think prep. A well prepared car finished with a 5 quid wax will look better than a poorly preped car with a very expensive wax.

I am a certified/ liscensed Swissol detailer and distributor and I love the stuff, however, what I'm not prepared to do is defend it to death and tell every customer it'll last as well as a sealant on a car used daily - IT WONT! more important to me is demonstrating to clients full understanding of the limitations of the systems I offer as this avoids awkwardness down the line..

email or call if you would like some more advise.....

nicholas.geehan@rolls-roycemotorcars.com

07775 584009

Cheers - Nick

robmug View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote robmug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-August-2006 at 11:42

Originally posted by AndyS AndyS wrote:

...Don't know about lashing out £200 for a Porter Cable though.

Don't think you have to have a Porter Cable to use zaino - you don't. Yes, it makes the job easier, and you can get an extra 0.5%, but Zaino was designed to be used by hand, and you'll still get a fantastic result. I have used Zaino for 4 years (I'm the UK distributor too, as a result) and only a couple of months ago tried the Porter Cable.

My car lives outdoors and gets driven daily, and the Porter Cable did make a difference for a while, but months on, it's still Z5 that keeps the car looking fantastic.

www.advancedcarproducts.com - UK Zaino distributors
5% discount for BMW Forum members
1996 E36 318is (one owner!) // 1993 911 Carrera 2 Coupe
1987 E30 M3 (sold) // 1997 E36 M3 Evo (sold)
AndyS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
The Last of the Few

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-August-2006 at 11:48
The Six used to be a daily driver but is now a pampered princess used at  weekends.

The paint is all original except for the front wings (usual story). The car has been lightly machine polished by the body shop as some areas were very pinky - a common problem with red.

Even so, when I used the 3-step Meguiars (by hand) I was very inpressed with the results. I do have a Halfords polisher but tbh I don't fancy using it on the Six.

The Zymol looks a bit expensive compared to the Meguiars but I have thought about trying the Swissol.

This was my first attempt at polishing up for last years Gaydon show.

Light conditions really affect how you or the camera see the colour. Dull & overcast seems to work best!

She's getting a bit of a strip down & refurb this winter so I'll see how that turns out before replacing all my empty bottles!

AndyS

c76jon View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c76jon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-August-2006 at 12:05

my thoughts for what they are worth

no i agree porter cable not neede to use zaino

but for blemish free paint work ie no swirls,marring,spider webs etc you will never ever achieve by hand what you can by porter cable

it is impossible to replicate the action,speed,pad that the porter can

top quality finish is 95% down to prep ie making paint surface as perfect as possible

then the search is on for the best product to show that finish off without detracting from it and protecting that paint from the elements

imho zaino is the best out there at all of this

99.9% optically perfect,durability that is 2nd to none and will out perform carnuba waxes 7 to ten times,ease of use and vfm as you use so little as less is best

i do apply my zaino by porter but thats my choice.by hand is no different in finish at all.i use the porter for speed and thinness of application

as far as the zymol demo goes ..............well al ill say is anyone who is main distributer for any product is never ever going to state other peoples products are better.

zymol is a good quqlity product i have never said any different

but it does not last......period

reapplication needed continually to maintain finish

zymol is old technology which still stands up but cant even get close on a LASTING finish

zaino is synthetic and for me is the best money can buy

if it wasnt the best i wouldnt use it whatever the cost involved

pics below are prep with porter cable(which is not needed as stated)

1 coat of z1 polish lok(my personal choice over zfx additive)

1 coat of zaino z5 pro which is their latest product which iam very impressed with.

1 mist spray of z8 finale spray

p.s i had a misano red evo2 and zaino made it look soaking wet!!

john

AndyS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
The Last of the Few

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-August-2006 at 12:28
Originally posted by c76jon c76jon wrote:

i had a misano red evo2 and zaino made it look soaking wet!!

That's good to know Jon.

As Nico states, a well polished red is stunning. Whilst my Six does look good in the pics & up close, fluorescent lights do show up plenty of imperfections (it is 17 year old paint after all) so I doubt I'll be able to get a finish like you guys.

My Touring on the other hand does clean up quite well considering it's been taking all the daily hits that the Six used to. I may be tempted to try out some Zaino products on that to see how I get on.

AndyS

SFH3L View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SFH3L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-August-2006 at 13:17

I think trying the touring first is an excellent idea.  I guarantee you'll be impressed though.  I saw your 6 at Gaydon, and it does look fantastic - colour, wheels, finish - all add up to a stunning car.

The CSL is on its 10th year with Zymol/Swissol, and looks great.  However, as I say above, it's a pampered car that never stands outside or stays wet for long. 

Re the "£200 for a Porter" - in fact it will cost you about half that (see the many previous posts on this subject).  Having used the Porter on one of my cars, I would say that if your paint is pretty much perfect to begin with, it just makes application of the polich a little easier.  However, if you have any of the marks or blemishes that C76Jon mentions above, it cuts the work donw by 98%, and actually makes their removal possible, where it simply isn't by hand.

Go for it!  You need to spend about £110 on the Porter and a further £85 or so on the various bits of Zaino you need from http://www.advancedcarproducts.com/, and it will be like having struck gold in your own garage!  Just look at John's car above - that is what you can achieve!

Sorry I missed you at Gaydon John (that's where it looks like the pics were taken) - I wanted to thank you personally for all your help. (I prefer your older wheels though).  BTW - what do you think to the Z1? (pics above and on the Z stand at Gaydon).

Sam.

My Financial Blog
AndyS View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
The Last of the Few

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AndyS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-August-2006 at 17:27
Thanks for the compliment Sam. Similarly impressed with your CSL. And you have a Z1 too!!! As Robert Palmer sang, "Some guys have all the luck"!

Are you showing any of your cars at Donington?

AndyS

SFH3L View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SFH3L Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25-August-2006 at 21:39
Not sure re Donnington.  I went with the CSL last year or the year before and would happily go again.  Or the Z1 perhaps?  I haven't been asked though......
Sam.

My Financial Blog
SHEPSM3 View Drop Down
UK Sport Evolution.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHEPSM3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26-August-2006 at 20:20

John..... Your Evo2 is Absolutely stunning.

This one of the side of my car still stunns me. Day after John zaino'd it.

With all the products John used and has recommended us, the car is certainly ALOT easier to keep up together.

I would say though its best to stick with one make of product, ie if you polish with zaino, wash with zaino wash too, otherwise the finish does deminish slightly and I found the zaino smeered afterwards. (A friend thought he would be good and washed my car with another product!!)

Other than that, it is simply THE BEST I have ever used..full stop.

[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/ShepsM3/New-1a1.jpg">[IMG]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/ShepsM3/New-1b1.jpg">
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic