Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical & Model Specific Forums > BMW ///M Power
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedE30 M3 Driveshaft Guibo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2002SportEvo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: E30 M3 Driveshaft Guibo
    Posted: 16-August-2006 at 11:12

I have been checking my car over for the trip to Gaydon and have noticed some cracks on the guibo......bought a new one but not sure how easy it's going to be to replace as i reckon the exhaust is going to have to come off and the centre bearing dropped down ?

Am i correct or can it be done with the prop in place ?

Don't fancy driving it down to Gaydon and back without changing it but the exhaust is likely to be a PITA to split and drop....running out of time

2002 SportEvo    
Sponsored Links

stevesingo View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevesingo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-August-2006 at 12:10
You have to drop the exhaust, the centre bearing and the heat shield. Not too hard, about an hours work on axle stands. You should use new nuts on the coupling bolts BTW.

Steve
2002SportEvo View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2002SportEvo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16-August-2006 at 12:28

Thanks Steve

It's just that the exhaust on my 2002 (S14) is torturously tight around the gearbox, propshaft area and is not easy to split...I assume that dropping the centre bearing allows enough clearance to replace the guibo........at least the whole prop doesn't have to come off....

Colin

2002 SportEvo    
2002SportEvo View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2002SportEvo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-August-2006 at 12:37

Quick update - job completed last night without having to drop the centre bearing, exhaust etc - Thank F  Old one was pretty bad.....

2002 SportEvo    
Webdunk View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
M3 GT Register

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Webdunk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17-August-2006 at 20:48
Good news Colin. Looking forward to seeing JES out and about again
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic