Forum Home Forum Home > General Forums > General Off Topic Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedThe old forum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
You’ve took that too far man!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Betty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The old forum
    Posted: 13-August-2006 at 13:32

Sorry to bring this up again, just thought i'd tell you of my findings cause it p**sed me off and they can go jump.

I went on for a look around and was denied access to most parts of the forum, so i tried to log in and was told i wasn't a user!!!!!

This ain't on as i'm a paid up member (which will expire soon) so that's one site address I'LL not be wasting my time with typing out again.

2009 45th anniversary Mustang GT / Black / 8 spark plugs / rubber tyres / twin exhaust / STOCK / pine magic tree :)
Sponsored Links

nero View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Just call me Tripod

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-August-2006 at 13:54

Black Betty I'm afraid you've fallen into the usual trap of not realizing that you require to register with the Car Club before you register on the forum.

You have to send the club an email (or phone them - not practical in your case!) with your surname, membership number and a password {secret word} - they will confirm your details and send you an email back confirming that you can now register on the forum.

You then have to register on the forum in the usual way (make sure you use a different password for the forum) .

It's not the best of ideas for registering and has been badly publicized, something I have been trying to tell them and they don't seem to have grasped

Registration Process details of how to contact the club are in the Process

Edited by nero

shorty View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-August-2006 at 13:54
Hi How you doing in all that sunshine ????  you need to call H.Q to "agree" a 2nd pass word with them then you will be able to use the "other " fourm . Hope that helps ????
ally View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-August-2006 at 13:56

Did you get a letter from the club explaining that you can't use your username as you would on here?  I got a letter from them, apparently you have to log in using your surname or real name, your membership number & a password that you have to give to them, I just stay on here too as all the gang is here anyway   

Won't be bothering with the "new" forum

E39 530i Sport Aegean Blue Edition
Saab 9-5T SE Estate
E36 318i loon...sold
E36 323i coupe...sold

shorty View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shorty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-August-2006 at 13:56
just beat me to it Nero !!!! Dam wish i could type faster !!! lol !!!!
ally View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ally Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-August-2006 at 13:57
Me too!
E39 530i Sport Aegean Blue Edition
Saab 9-5T SE Estate
E36 318i loon...sold
E36 323i coupe...sold

Black Betty View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Betty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-August-2006 at 14:09

NAHHH, they can spin, never got an email about it and as i said, seeing as they where quick to take the membership money you would think they'd inform a paid up member of any changes, as you said Ally, everyones here anyway, it was a curiosity thing.

Shorty, the sunshines at melt degree centigade just now (50), so i'm a lighter colour than when i came out!!!! sad to say but i canny wait for the winter to get a tan

2009 45th anniversary Mustang GT / Black / 8 spark plugs / rubber tyres / twin exhaust / STOCK / pine magic tree :)
Pete330 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pete330 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-August-2006 at 15:55
Originally posted by Black Betty Black Betty wrote:

NAHHH, they can spin, never got an email about it and as i said, seeing as they where quick to take the membership money you would think they'd inform a paid up member of any changes, as you said Ally, everyones here anyway, it was a curiosity thing.

Shorty, the sunshines at melt degree centigade just now (50), so i'm a lighter colour than when i came out!!!! sad to say but i canny wait for the winter to get a tan

They did inform you

You get the mag dont you?

you got a letter did you not?

If not them have they got your new addy?

Previous:

E36 318is coupe, E36 323i coupe, E30 316 saloon, E30 318 saloon, E46 330ci Sport Conv
E92 325d M Sport(3.0),With Loads of gadgets

Current:
116i Sport F20
muppet 2 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II
Z3..Apple of my eye

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muppet 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-August-2006 at 17:54

I have sent the e.mail with my details but had no reply .

I am going to try phoning . I joined up to the BMWCC because of the forum and now I can't get on

go figure

I have been diagnosed with ADHOtS. Attention Deficit Hyperactive Ohh that's Shiney

Bigian View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13-August-2006 at 18:07

It can take a day or so and all depends on when you e-mail them. 

I did not have any probs e-mailed first thing in morning forgot about it till next day. When got reply typed in name member no and password given to club then put in user name and your personal password and hey presto on board.

It seems confusing to other members but i you all take time and read it comes clear.

It took me a bit to get it sorted but after i spoke to pete it became clear and got it sorted.

If you can't be good don't get caught
--------------------------
coupe king View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coupe king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-August-2006 at 07:54
Originally posted by Black Betty Black Betty wrote:

Great attitude....

Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Betty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-August-2006 at 09:00
[

[/QUOTE]

They did inform you

You get the mag dont you?

you got a letter did you not?

If not them have they got your new addy?

Dry Your Eyes!

[/QUOTE]

Aint seen a mag since last year, got no letter cause im in the middle east, only moved into accomodation last month and my eyes where never "wet" in the first place.

The whole point was they made no attempt to contact me, some of the work force out here come from villages in the middle of the mountains and their homes are nothing more than garden sheds and they've a better clue about customer service!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Black Betty
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coupe king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-August-2006 at 09:28

Have you informed the club that you have changed address.....

Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Betty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-August-2006 at 09:42
Firstly, i appologise Pete, just realised that "dry your eyes" is part of your sig,  Neil, things have been too crazy, i've not had much time and i only moved into my accomodation last month plus there aint a potal service as such out here, so i've no address, i just don't think that as a paid member to ANYWHERE that you should have to chase them for changes THEY'RE making, it's not good customer relations in my eye's and i won't be bothering anyway. 
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coupe king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-August-2006 at 09:55

How can you expect them to chase you up if you have moved home.

THEY SENT A LETTER TO EVERYONE AND PUT THE CHANGES IN THE MAGAZINE - THAT ALL MEMBERS GET....

What more do you want them to do.....

You changed address not them.

Did you leave your bank etc to chase up your address change....?

Dumbass

kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-August-2006 at 10:25
Originally posted by coupe king coupe king wrote:

What more do you want them to do.....

Id like them to send out a letter giving the true story!
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coupe king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-August-2006 at 10:26
Thats a different matter tho.....
Peter Fenwick View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Bavarian-Board Contributor

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peter Fenwick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-August-2006 at 11:14

Hmmm...I suspect this thread may be closed soon.

Entering an age of Austerity and now driving a Focus Diesel.
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Betty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-August-2006 at 11:50

A simple email would have been sufficient for EVERYONE and would’nt have cost them any money (which seems to be what their interested in) this would have got to everybody as we all have to log on to the forum!!!!!

Coupe king, you disappoint me!!!!!!

Killian, this was a curiosity matter, I regard you very highly for what you’ve done and the attitude of that club (and others) stinks!!!!!

Edited by Black Betty
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coupe king Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-August-2006 at 12:02

I totally agree, i dont like the way things have happened and the way the have gone about it.

However, they did send a letter to everybodys home address, so if you didnt inform them of a change of address then you cant grumble too much about it really

Hope you dont think im having a pop mate, but thats the way it is.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic