Bavarian-Board.co.uk - BMW Owners Discussion Forum Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Website Forum > Website Announcements & Feedback
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedforum

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dryle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: forum
    Posted: 11-August-2006 at 15:35
was this forum part of the BMW car club at one stage.
Dave Ryle

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -- George Bernard Shaw
Sponsored Links

dryle View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dryle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-August-2006 at 15:59
why did they want to do that, looked at the forum at home and there does not appear to be much traffic on it.
Dave Ryle

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -- George Bernard Shaw
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-August-2006 at 16:14
Dave - its a long story!
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
fingerman View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fingerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-August-2006 at 16:20
Do tell - I must have missed that 
Current: E34 1996 525tds 113-125k
Previous: 9xE34s, 5xE30s, 2xE39s, 1xE32, 1xE36.... phew!
My Ebay bits: http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZseany69ukQQhtZ-1
540 V8 View Drop Down
Bavarian-Board Contributor
Lick my badge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 540 V8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-August-2006 at 19:28

Lol, I did find the letter in the car mag quite amusing!!, so come on, tell us which moderator/s slated the directors!!  Now that this is no longer part of the car club, surely it's ok to divulge that kind of info.

I did once slate a BMW dealership on here, maybe I was part of the cause!!

I think the new forum will take off. At the moment, as it's fairly empty, most people come on here but over time, as it fills up, more people will use it. I'll still use this and the official club forum. You don't have to be a member to like BMW's and I think you may get a wider view on here (plus I won't get told off for slating a garage again, though I am out of that habit!!) I hope both forums do very well as there some great people on both and some good views too.

Keep up the good work chaps!

Mike

Current:E34 540i Touring 6 speed manual(Mpower bodykit & suspension)& Chrysler Voyager 3.3 V6 auto
Previous:E34 530iSE AC Schnitzer suspension.
E28 525e auto-Standard
540 V8 View Drop Down
Lick my badge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 540 V8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-August-2006 at 19:37

Oh I forgot to say, a big cheer for KBannon for sorting out such a great forum and keeping it running so smoothly. (I bet he knows what went on in that meeting   lol!)

HIP, HIP - HOORAY!

Regards

Mike

Current:E34 540i Touring 6 speed manual(Mpower bodykit & suspension)& Chrysler Voyager 3.3 V6 auto
E28 525e auto-Standard
kbannon View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
E39 525i Sport Individual

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kbannon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-August-2006 at 20:35
I don't want to get into the whole debate about this again but basically I was invited to a committee meeting to discuss protocols for the clubs websites. When I got there (with Eamo and Rhys) the topic being 'discussed' was something quite different. We were told that a decision had been made concerning the forum some months ago and that we had to agree with it. At no stage was I informed that this discussion would be happening.
The letter it seems gives a slightly different view on this.
There was no slating of the directors that I can recall at the meeting. maybe Eamo or Rhys can recall something. IIRC, the worse 'incident' was when I said the word boll*x when referring to the decision.
I didn't invest a lot of time and effort in creating and promoting something for a others to come along with feeble excuses and try and damage it.
Current: 2009 E60 520d "Sport" tractor
Previous: 1989 E30 320i SE
1997 E39 523i
2003 E39 525i Sport Individual
Rhys View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Coffee addict...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-August-2006 at 23:37
I don't recall any slating at the meeting either. Killian kept himself composed at all times (except for saying b*ll*x lol) but it would be unfair to say it was one sided - the club had their fair share of raised voices.

Edited by Rhys
V reg Rustbucket Merc C220 Cdi estate
J Reg Saab 900i 16v
'63 Ford Anglia 105e deluxe
R reg Honda PC50 moped..

No BMW as yet...
Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-August-2006 at 23:54

But on their forum, and in their mag...they write the history.

Only those of us that know them have any real idea !

Best Wishes

Nigel

540 V8 View Drop Down
Lick my badge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 540 V8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-August-2006 at 00:38

Well, I gotta hand it to you guys, I can see where the uproar has come from regarding the forum change. It would seem that those in 'authority' got the upper hand, not by democracy but by tyranny!

It's a sad state of affairs when stuff like this clouds what should be such a good club. On the other hand, if it wasn't for the people in it, the club would be nothing so I'm going to stick with it and enjoy the events, hopefully, never to see this kind of behavoir again (from the club top brass, not you guys)

I'm glad that you chaps had the balls to stand up and be counted and as for the phrase 'b******ks' it would appear that it was expressed in it's purest form, i.e. "when faced with complete disaster, total defiance is the only recourse!"

I hope you'll keep this forum going and going, I for one, will continue to use it until I die!!

Regards

Mike

P.S. Killian, Rhys, Eamo and Nigel, job well done, thanks!

EDIT: Just added the other chap,

Edited by Rhys

E28 525e auto-Standard
stephenperry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenperry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-August-2006 at 00:41
Originally posted by 540 V8 540 V8 wrote:

I for one, will continue to use it until I die / buy another make of car *delete as applicable!!

2007 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI Titanium X Auto

1983 Ford Sierra XR4i
    2000 Alpina B10 3.3 #118
    1999 BMW 323Ci
    1995 BMW 318i SE
    1994 Vauxhall Omega 2.0 GLS
    1995 Ford Mondeo 1.8 LX
    1990 Honda Concerto 1.6 EX
    1986 Ford Orion 1.6 GL
    1989 Ford Fiesta 1.1 Firefly
540 V8 View Drop Down
Lick my badge

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 540 V8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-August-2006 at 00:49

Lol, er ... yeah, thats what I meant, but I cannot see any other car biting me like a beemer

Mike

E28 525e auto-Standard
Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-August-2006 at 00:51
I haven't got one at the moment, a beemer that is...I'm playing on two wheels again, re-living my youth lol
Best Wishes

Nigel

stephenperry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stephenperry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-August-2006 at 00:56

Originally posted by Nigel Nigel wrote:

I haven't got one at the moment, a beemer that is...I'm playing on two wheels again, re-living my youth lol

did you sell your e34?

2007 Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI Titanium X Auto

1983 Ford Sierra XR4i
    2000 Alpina B10 3.3 #118
    1999 BMW 323Ci
    1995 BMW 318i SE
    1994 Vauxhall Omega 2.0 GLS
    1995 Ford Mondeo 1.8 LX
    1990 Honda Concerto 1.6 EX
    1986 Ford Orion 1.6 GL
    1989 Ford Fiesta 1.1 Firefly
flyingalexf68 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flyingalexf68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-August-2006 at 16:18

Originally posted by Nigel Nigel wrote:

You could have at least bought a BMW bike.

1995 e36 3.0 M3 Coupe, Daytona Violet, AP Racing BBK, CCFL Angel Eyes, M3 Spoiler, M-Tec 3 Steering Wheel.   
2000 530d Steptronic, Poverty Spec, 18" Alloys.
hennabm View Drop Down
Senior Member I
Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hennabm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-August-2006 at 16:32

I was at the national agm and the slug was there as well. By that I mean the fat lump of lard who calls himself the chairman.

There was some interesting politics going on when they came to revote some on the committee again. Some got the full national committee vote and others didn't. What was that about??? Never did find out.

The Irish guys were just great and others did ask questions to which there was little reply. Mind you including the committee there were only around 30 people there for a 5k+ club.

Can't slate the guy too much as I might have to meet him again at Gaydon.

Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-August-2006 at 17:44
Originally posted by hennabm hennabm wrote:

I was at the national agm and the slug was there as well. By that I mean the fat lump of lard who calls himself the chairman.

There was some interesting politics going on when they came to revote some on the committee again. Some got the full national committee vote and others didn't. What was that about??? Never did find out.

The Irish guys were just great and others did ask questions to which there was little reply. Mind you including the committee there were only around 30 people there for a 5k+ club.

Can't slate the guy too much as I might have to meet him again at Gaydon.

LOL   I'd hate to see you really slate someone off !

As for the bike, I'd love a BMW motorbike, if only they'd make one that my little legs could reach the floor !

And yes Stephen, I've sold the E34, its gone to live in Wales.

Best Wishes

Nigel

dryle View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dryle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-August-2006 at 08:54
so there is no bad blood between the 4 lads and the club committee???
Dave Ryle

jamsieboi View Drop Down
Really Senior Member I
Really Senior Member I

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamsieboi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-August-2006 at 20:33
possibly been mentioned somewhere already but an alternative forum now allows you to view all areas

Nigel View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nigel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15-August-2006 at 20:37

Originally posted by jamsieboi jamsieboi wrote:

possibly been mentioned somewhere already but an alternative forum now allows you to view all areas

K ?

Best Wishes

Nigel

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic