FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Lockedm5 colours for E34

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
grahame34m5 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grahame34m5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: m5 colours for E34
    Posted: 14-August-2006 at 20:21
Originally posted by stevie53 stevie53 wrote:

Al my old M5 was Artic Silver(309) and the lower sills and bumpers were Diamond Black Metallic(181)a couple of crap pics of my old beast hereyou can check out the FAQ section on the site above and it'll tell you all about the M5 and any other M car you're interested inhope this helps Alstevie

Stevie, christ all mighty that's beautiful I can see why you look back with misty eyes.

08 e60 Alpina B5 S sold, please forgive me
03 e39 M5 sold
98 e38 728 Sport Individual dead
93 e34 M5 sold
Sponsored Links

Carpetbagger View Drop Down
Senior Member II
Senior Member II
BMW the road is not enough

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carpetbagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-August-2006 at 19:28
 thanks guys I have put  idea on hold as they will have to remove         m tech sills to paint right under bodywork not to keen on that ,
my car has m tech body kit like m5 and black infill  panel .I am just getting 2 verry small rust spots very bottom corner of front doors
sorted and painted for now
Regards Al
IamSpartacus View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IamSpartacus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14-August-2006 at 16:03

Just in case you didnae get sorted...

An E34 M5 is most easily distinguished from a normal 5 Series by its unique lower body panels that include a front airdam, side valances and rear diffuser. These are painted in a contrasting Diamond Black metallic (181), Sebring Grey metallic (229) or Granite Silver metallic (237), depending on the car’s exterior color and production date. In addition, the E34 M5 has large-diameter twin exhaust pipes and “M5” grille and decklid badges (only the former on M5s built after May, 1994). Like the previous E28 M5, these could be deleted upon request. Dechromed window trim (known as Shadowline) was optional on the E34 M5 in most markets, as was a body-color rear decklid spoiler. Starting with the production of the 3.8-liter model, the E34 M5 could be ordered (in most markets) with aerodynamic M rear-view mirrors (also fitted to all North American-spec E34 M5s for the 1993 model year). All E34 M5 sedans have a black plastic panel that fills in the gap between the taillights and the license plate. Though this panel was only fitted to M5 sedans, this same area on the M5 Touring is covered in an exclusive textured black paint (instead of the normal body-color).

The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carpetbagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04-August-2006 at 19:31
 hi Stevie how are you doing  if you remember we met at Dilston in 2005
 is the sill colurs on your car the orignal spec
Regard Al

stevie53 View Drop Down
Really Senior Member II
Really Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevie53 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-August-2006 at 17:20
Al
my old M5 was Artic Silver(309) and the lower sills and bumpers were Diamond Black Metallic(181)

a couple of crap pics of my old beast
here

you can check out the FAQ section on the site above and it'll tell you all about the M5 and any other M car you're interested in

hope this helps Al

stevie
///2000 E39 M5 Imola Red/// NO MORE

una volta lei ha avuto l'italiano lei non andrŕ mai tedesco di nuovo haha
Senior Member II
Senior Member II

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carpetbagger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02-August-2006 at 11:25
 hi guys any one  know  the  paint colours of E34 m5 cars silver main colour and darker colour sills .I want to copy the darker sills on me E34 sport but need paint code   my car is artic silver ,or if any one has pictures of silver m5

thanks Al 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic